ITT: Forgotten characters

ITT: Forgotten characters

bonus points if they ever had their own comic

Marvel adapted the Roman pantheon all the way back in the 40s (!!!) and nobody even remembers it.

It'd be great plot twist if Venus from your pic is same Venus like on my pic.

It is. How do you not know that? ATLAS was all 50s era Marvel characters that Roy Thomas teamed up in a What If that eventually got made canon.

Only Agents of Atlas I've read is some tie in to Dark Reign, when they mindfuck Nuke to kill Osborn.

This was one of DC's highest selling series in the early 80s believe it or not.

Nowadays it's mostly notable for some cool looking covers and for Alan Moore having written a couple issues.

Not 100% sure of that.

Vigilante gets mini.

Same goes for Dr. Occult. Who IIRC showed up in one panel in New 52 to die.

Dodds Sandman

If he did show up everyone would think he was Harry Potter

He was in Justice League Dark

He has been on Earth-2 books since New 52

Where has professional hater Dr. 13 been recently?

One of his ancestors was in the Wild West Stormwatch story

Cloud

Joined the Defenders late in v1. Ran around BUTT FUCKING NAKED with mist trails covering the parts they couldn't show in a comic. Seems like prime waifu bait, but almost no one even remembers her at all.

Back-up stories in All-Star Western and the Phantom Stranger solo in the New 52.

Headhunter seems to have recently developed a very small cult following on Sup Forums in the form of waifufaggotry, but she's still largely unknown.

I really like the cutie assistant she bullies around.

Simone almost got to bring him back.

Any character that's in fucking Justice League Unlimited is not "forgotten".

Vigilante is a good example of something that faded to obscurity due to other creators respecting it too much to tamper with it. Unfortunately, the only way for comic characters to have real longitivity is to keep getting used, even in bad stories and adaptations.

>marvel
>JLU
Nice b8.

Chunk was too good for this world

She at least got a brief return as Purple Man's sidekick in Villains for Hire.

Fuck, I meant to quote
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

Courtney Ross

Bankerfu from the early Excalibur comics. Did basically nothing other than dress fancy and look hot.

And be a stone cold bitch.

Yeah, IIRC they were on Arrow too before it was felicity and friends

Headhunter is basically Marvel's Magpie

Normies will say she is a Black Widow copy.

She's a dead civilian, those never, ever come back.

That's not the same character.

Yes it is.

Doubtful.

You'd think more of the Initiative cast would have a following, but people only seem to care about Avengers Academy kids.

Not him, but isn't that Sat-Yr-9?

>introduced as a badass bounty hunter with a weird speech quirk
>Got to do a bunch of fun stuff in Transformers with Simon Furman
>Proceeded to travel the multiverse, getting into it with Dr. Who, Iron Man 2020 and the Fantastic 4 along with a bunch of british superheroes
>Got an edgy 90's reboot by Dan Abnett (before he got big with Black Library books)
>Got another reboot in 2005 for a little isolated one-shot
>Has had a bunch of cameos since where he usually jobs to the stars
>tfw he'll never be relevant to Marvel ever again

Sort of. It's complicated. There's some interdimensional bullshit involved. I can't remember exactly.

Bibbo isn't forgotten to writers I don't think but to the mainstream, definitely.

And the entire rest of the DNAgents as well.

She's in LEGO Avengers. Which was a huge disappointment in general but the Young Avengers/Academy/Initiative/New Warriors characters are worth it.

Native American Punisher

>TFW they're finally fucking collecting it

Mike Baron was the best writer ever.

Shiv was Stargirl's higjschool archnemsis and the daughter of the gioden age villain known as Dragon king.

Had her own ongoing, disappeared for like 10+ years, showed up looking like a generic hot girl that I seriously thought was a redesigned Amethyst at first only to be quickly killed off in an attempt to rehabilitate Prometheus.

I seriously thought Cloud 9 was going to turn out to be a piece of Cloud that broke off and became sentient but no, she's just a girl with Nimbus and a sniper rifle.

She got used quite a bit in Bru's Daredevil.

His Deadman stuff is sorely overlooked

Probably because Neal Adams still did it better.

Ofc the original stuff was fantastic, but Baron and Jones took the character in a completely different direction (both visually and thematically) and did a dark romance tale instead

Prime and the rest of the idiots from Malibu's Ultraverse would be totally forgotten if it wasn't for that super-valuable Sega CD game.

Did he scalp people?

>but people only seem to care about Avengers Academy kids.

Yeah, that's really weird to me.
I've brought up the MVP Scarlet Spiders multiple times and been met with disdain.

not but IIRC
>Sat-yr was imprisiond in home dimension
>someone from 616 accidently portalled through to her dimension
>fakes her own death and, using [now dead] persons equipment, escpaes to 616
>finding out about her "dimensional twin" courtney, Sat-yr vapories Ross and takes her place, using the resources of the bank to restart her empire [with manpower and phyiscal resources curtosy of the vixen].

Well, this vigilante is forgotten for a good reason

His book was a big seller though.

Never even been scanned.

Why fat characters aren't allowed anymore? Except for Kingpin, there are no other fat characters on comics.

Thats the exact reason why no one remembers any of the new x men characters created after Clarmont. The writers want to respect where the previous guy left of, hence we have every other guy making new mutants when we already have a backlog of hundred others.

Kinda bullshit really. One good thing that works for Marvels policy on no new mutie being created is that writers are finally forced to revisit the old guys.

They also had a cartoon in the 90's

>Headhunter is basically Marvel's Magpie
That's what most of us thought when she first appeared, yes

>Normies will say she is a Black Widow copy.
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh god stop

Being a superhero requires a lot of running. So either get fit or have a heart attack.

Ah.

Is this the least remembered comic with a film adaptation?

Probably second only to Tank Girl in terms of casuals saying "that was based off a comic?"

yeah, but that was almost storytimed in latest storytime of pain

But that's the thing though, Chunk wasn't a hero or a villain, he was just Wally's friend with a weird power.

And a toy line. And a legacy of being fucked over by Marvel, even though writers like Larry Niven were involved in its creation. The fanbase is rather hardcore about a return (which I admit, I'd also like to see a reboot).

Now, for something that's REALLY forgotten...

>tfw those were actual ads that came out in the 80's
So damn perfect.

Yeah, I remember few people being disappointed Malibu got 0 comics during Secret Wars.

>tfw O'Donnell died before Titan could finish reprinting all the Modesty stories

And Ms. Tree while we're at it.

Chunk is Black Wally's best friend in secondary school now.

But that was before Rebirth, maybe he has a Senior uncle who also has the same name but I doubt it somehow.

Men In Black the movies and the cartoon outlived the comic.

The crossover that will never be.

Feels bad man.

This guy lived in the DC universe, though he didn't seem to belong there.

If he ever shows up in DCEU, he should be played by Josh "the ponceman" Perry.

That was arguably Giffen at his most self-indulgent.

For all the forgotten Canadian heroes.

Wasn't he a villain first?

Ehhh he just got an action figure really recently.

Only reason I know of him is because he was Power-Girls grandpa from the past or some shit like that in JLE.

'Hi!'

I'm really surprised nobody has revived Silverblade. He was a classic Hollywood actor who was a mish-mash of both Errol Flynn AND Lon Chaney that got the power to become any character he played on film and use all there powers & abilities.

It sounds dumb I know but it ended up being pretty interesting.

Pretty much only remembered for getting his shit kicked in by Moon Knight

He's coming back!

....in Arrow.