Voltron The Third Dimension

This fucker right here. Why does he make such shit decisions?

Also who okayed this animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jKj1IqS9_RM
youtube.com/watch?v=68pJnkxnvHQ
strawpoll.me/10947549
gogocartoon.to/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder

Can you sign my jpeg?

>those fucking eyes on that Voltron face

Mainframe. They were the only major 3D animation studio doing CG cartoons.

But Reboot and Beast Wars looked better than this, and they were done years before it.

Well obviously they had a different team on it. It's not like only one team was doing all those shows at once.

Shiro used to be so much cuter

Shiro with a beard looks pretty nice. But the 3rd Dimension helmets are waaay too bulky

The show was made by Mike Young Productions the same people behind the 2002 He-Man series.

>implying Shiro isn't still cute

There is literally no difference besides the white tuft and blush scar.

>blush scar

Huh, never thought of it that way. Perma-blush is nice too.

I don't want to hold hands with third dimension Keith.

The concept art just makes Shiro's face look a little harsher than he normally looks. In show he looks mostly the same aside from suddenly gaining 100lbs of muscle mass.

So THICC

wait, Pidge is a girl now?

Why isn't the Devil's Due Voltron comic included in this? It was actually good re imagining and actually bothered acknowledging Vehicle Voltron rather than pretending it didn't exist.

It was certainly better than Turd Dimension and Force.

Reminder Keith is thicc in this version

I dunno man Beast Wars season 2 yes

Season 1 still hurts my eyes

CG was still fucking unsettling in the show

>weeks ago
>be lurking at tumblr for some art (no account though)
>somehow stuff all over artists' pages tagged Voltron
>"Voltron? Haven't I heard of that name before?"
>Now, see pic related
>"Force"
>flashbacks to seeing ads of that on some tv channel's kids slot years ago
Ah, no wonder. And Keith and Lance changed colours once apparently...

gotta love the mice

IGNORE MICE

Are there mice in 3D

Nope, they don't exist in Third Dimension sadly.

Wrong thread

La/fit/

Truly best girl

>He dosn't know

Don't forget the best scene youtu.be/jKj1IqS9_RM

I think

I think you linked the wrong thing

Oops youtu.be/jKj1IqS9_RM

Holy shit based Sacura

She posted a ton of art just now

Do you think she lurks these threads

It could be a commission? Then again I don't see tumblr ever saying Zarkon is the daddy.

Wow just because he's animated terribly doesn't mean he doesn't have a great personality! He's just a little uptight because he has to be the adult here while having dumbass Amalgamus 'I totally trust Zarkon oh whoops he reprogramed me' as a boss.

>listening to a robot

That's stupid. Since when does the Garrison have any jurisdiction over Voltron?

>they have a robot boss that they listen to
>they leave another robot to be eaten alive by space lice

Are Voltron the most evil heroes of all time?

Exactly, time to fly off half-cocked in a fit of anger!

This scene was an absolute gem.

youtube.com/watch?v=68pJnkxnvHQ

>ywn be Shiro's bride (male)

Someone stop this madwoman

Wow how many times does Keith pull a gun on Lance in this show.

You know, the sound and voice acting is pretty good, but it's just ruined by the terrible fight animation.

Didn't we theorize this once about Zarkon being the mother.

>The trans character was Zarkon all along

What the hell is this sad little pony tail.

3rd try's the charm, I guess

Have any of you considered a voltron force stream down the line? I think they're all on YouTube

I want to say god no, but we did go through 5 episodes of 3D in a night.

Voltron Force can't be worse than that, right?

Voltron Force is not that bad, just very mediocre. Weird design and animation make it look worse than it actually is.

I think it's shit but in a completely different way. It would be fun for a suffering stream

So were Allura and Keith together in Third because I remember 12 year old me thought so.

She's definitely lurked the /y/ drawthread at some point but probably not regularly.

Probably? Leader hero always has to get the princess

IIRC it got a daytime Emmy for the sound editing too. The writing isn't great but not terrible either. It's just the CG quality looks like utter shit.

It's also that it's dated. For the time, it was probably considered good.

That said, the dated part makes it unintentionally hilarious now

No, I remember watching when this first came out as a 12 year old. I thought it looked shit then too. There was actually a promo special on teletoon where they talked about how amazing their motion capture technology was and has the host try it out with a sword swing and I distinctly remember going "that doesn't good, what are they talking about" but I still watched because magic robot cats.

The writing is average, not terrible, yeah. It makes me giggle at least with Zarkon'a totally not evil u guys, Curry Ham and Lance's continuous cat talk.

I think it was because they were always together but then I thought Pidge and Hunk had a thing too because they were always together so I probably just had kid shipper googles{/spoiler]

Is he satsuki then

Satsuki with Tim Curry's voice/

Perfect

strawpoll.me/10947549 Poll for best voltron series

So if Lotor is mostly robot parts is all that silver bits just mostly his naked robot body or is it clothing? Would the Satsuki costume just go over what we normally see?

Because it sort of looks like clothing (in terms of how clothing is in this series with it's terrible designs) but it also looks like robot parts especially with how the robot hand hooks in there. I guess the other arm is still biological so he at least has a sleeve. I guess the chest spider is clothing.

I guess what I am asking is what if Lotor wasn't wearing pants this whole series?

That's what I was thinking too, it must be covering up some of his still fleshy bits as well as just being full replacements.. He's just going around nude all day but gets away with it due to the metal.

Such a perverted space elf. Going off the figure he has exposed fleshy midrift and some fingers but below that looks pretty mechanical. I think Lotor has no dong.

Also for comparison some under a magic spell to looks normal again Lotor.

Yeah this is 'normal.'

I see Keith is the kind of bride who goes for the Pnina Tornai gown on Say Yes to the Dress.

Wow Shiro i'm sure it's super awkward for all your friends and family to watch you go to 2nd base with your brand new blushing bride.

I mean shit it's your wedding and all but Keith's dad is sure gonna be pissed with you

What the Groom doesn't take the garter off with his teeth normally? Have I been going to weird weddings?

Keith's dad is the president of the Sheith club, he's probably taking like 90 photos of it

Every wedding i've been to they just use their hands to take it off. It's already a weird tradition why make it weirder by using your mouth?

I mean it's just a fanart but the image of Zarkon seething as he watches his baby boy get felt up in front of everyone is amusing.

Zarkon would hand them the keys to the honeymoon suite with one knowingly raised eyebrow.

Thank you for drawing my prompt last night, drawfag! It's perfect.

It is a great picture

What kind of tea does Zarkon drink? Does he put the milk in first or second? What are his favorite finger sandwiches?

I've seen it with teeth plenty of times before.

Pure quintessence.

He used to drink the blood and tears of alteans, but ran out millennia ago

Helloooooo, I'm Prince Lotor.

Was it that hard to sculpt out a normal looking nose with the technology back then?

Lotor had some work done.

Is Haggar best bro or best waifu?

From what I've seen of Third Dimension and a decent chunk of the old Voltron man I am surpised how much I like Lance in them. Also how much I hate Pidge. Guess the people saying they traded personalities in Legendary Defender are kinda right.

I'm shocked there aren't more Gurren Lagann crossover fanarts for this show, all things considering.

I don't know, they have a variety in noses. I think they tried for 'pretty boy' and failed hard. Or, well I guess you could blame Haggar since technically this is an illusion but

Who will become this show's Rossiu?

I enjoy 3rd Lance a lot while also wanting to smack him. I guess his role is the cop that always has to turn in his badge because he's flying off the handle but god he makes some poor choices.

Like blowing up the obstacle course in his intro. Why did he think that was a good idea. How. I think he wanted to get fired. And thank goodness there wasn't an actual audience for the air show I guess otherwise he could have killed them (where the heck was the audience? Too hard to animate one?)

>stream stopped at episode 5
>next episode is called “Shades of Gray”
>Hagar casts a spell on Hunk that turns him against his friends and Yellow Lion into a destructive Gray Lion. To make matters worse, Lotor has kidnapped Amalgamus.

Oh god we need to find the rest of this show soon.

Seriously they were fuckin domestic partners. Had to have been.

gogocartoon.to/
voltron-the-third-dimension-episode-6-
shades-of-gray

>no one respects me boo boo hoo
>now u evil

can it be livestreamed though?

Probably, but I'm a few minutes into Shades of Gray and I think Hunk wants a divorce because Pidge is verbally abusive. Fuck, I don't remember this from when I was 12. Why do you do these things, Pidge?

>haha you're dumb Hunk, hey where we goin'
>I'm going to go do stuff ALONE
>what alone?? Why alone???

You that one user who used to draw stuff for the Tiger and Bunny threads?