Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie

It's great that this doesn't look like complete ass design wise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cOnBQ5_5kjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it gonna be done frame by frame like the original show, or is it gonna be tweened to heck and done in flash?

That image heavily looks like flash.

Just looking at helga and the way the background is behind her do seem flash. Something about Gerald does too. Arnold looks the only decently made one and even he gives off that vibe.

it'd be a shame if they threw out those bits that were already fully animated because they didn't fit in...

I get the impression the creator of this show has a modicum of integrity. Maybe it won't look like shit.

I'd really hate to be that guy here, but moaning about flash on this seems super nitpicky.

I mean it's the jungle movie. Craig's onboard, the original VAs are all onboard, the artstyle's practically unchanged and it's a movie we never thought we'd get in the first place and the fact they've used flash for the animation bothers you?

Yeah, I don't disagree, I'd prefer it to be entirely hand drawn, but we've got the likes of Ankama showing us just how good flash can look and with the kind of budget this probably has, Flash probably made far more sense than having an entire army of animators drawing every single frame.

At this point it's like getting a new Mad Max movie that promises to be better than Fury Road and whining because they're not shooting the whole thing with Arri Alexas.

That looks like a promo image and not a finished still so it's really nothing to go by.

>I mean it's the jungle movie. Craig's onboard, the original VAs are all onboard, the artstyle's practically unchanged and it's a movie we never thought we'd get in the first place and the fact they've used flash for the animation bothers you?
We're talking about how the animation type could be too shitty to stand, it doesn't matter if the other aspects are fine, dipshit, if the animation relies on flash too much it will be too hard to watch unless you have incredibly low standards

Something about this image reminds me of a Lucasarts point and click. Maybe it's the fact that they're getting a bit too cute with the background perspective.

>2016 art redesign
>doesn't look entirely like shit
Good enough for me.

Question. Does Nick show heavy re-runs of Hey Arnold! How are kids even meant to know about the original show?

i feared it many weeks ago that it would be flash, but ultimately, i would have to agree with this better a decent movie with some flaws than no movie at all

The SpongeBob Network plays SpongeBob.

But even if kids knew about it, I don't think it'll resonate with them nearly as much. Unless, god forbid, they're updating the time period and it's set in the social media era now.

I don't much understand the reboots of 90's shows.

Unless Arnold and pals were held in cryostasis for the last decade or more, I doubt that's possible. It'll be the same setting.

Is Hey Arnold our savior from CalArts?

Execs could always force blasphemous changes to make it more relatable to test audiences. Especially if they're trying to gather interest in a new show.

Although I thought this movie was meant to tie all the loose ends in the show. Pretty weird to do it now. Is it more of a personal project?

The only thing that's really all the outdated in Hey Arnold is Big Bob's Beepers... It will be fine.

>A sub-plot involving Helga's family going through hard money times after the beeper industry tanks and tanks hard.

no smartphones though, and very few computers. it's more what it lacks than what it has.

however Clarence mostly happens in a lower tech 90's world and it's popular.

you know, when you think about it, not every show has it's setting in modern times, kids nowadays might think this cartoon is just a throwback to the 90's for artistic reasons. (and it helps with the whole "no cellphone" thing in an adventure story, because many stories easily could be avoided if the characters would have phones with them)

The background looks so clean. That's my only worry. I miss the grit the city had.

The original series was cell animated and still full of animation errors. And it obviously didn't make it too hard to watch because here we are thirteen years later eagerly awaiting more.

It's just the style. The old show was painted, so it had a grit texture to it, but it also was indeed a trashy run down looking place.

Not talking about errors or mess ups, but how it actually looks animated fully. Like tweening like the first response said, and shit, if it's too smooth and loose looking like a lot of flash looks today it's going to be fucked, no matter how well it's got VAs, the characters have to look fine enough during the animation to hold attention.

Needs more generic roughly bean- shaped heads, generic faces and noodly arms.

I see some noodles.

There's nothing wrong with the movie being animated in flash as long as it's done well.
When hand drawn characters are done in flash, most of the time they seem stiff. Look at Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!, the animation looks really stiff.
youtu.be/cOnBQ5_5kjg

There are still some joints. unacceptable

Shortcuts are never gonna be as good as no shortcuts.

I think they're intending on having the first half of the movie serve as a reintroduction and I'd imagine they'd show the original series again in the leadup

is this a tv movie?

I hope the movie will be a full length instead of a 50 mins special.

yeah it looks 90s enough to be recent

Gerald's head looks fucking weird.

I'm just hoping for closer, and most of the characters get a bright future.
>Holding out hope for the sequel series.