Killing is wrong

>Killing is wrong
>This is fine

sure why not?

>Killing is badong
>This is gnodab

Locking people in chains inside a tiny box, constantly suffering extreme temperatures and (in Ming's case) kept perpetually dehydrated for life seems an awful lot crueler than just killing them.

They wanted information on the rest of their group

The Red Lotus was bigger than just those four, and the White Lotus and the leaders of the nations knew nothing about it. They didn't know why they tried to kill Korra or what they wanted.

Killing them would just deprive them of answers, and placing them in regular jails where they could bend their way out and kill a ton of guards wouldn't help either. And as Katara herself proved, you can't place a bunch of Earthbenders together on a boat prison without expecting an escape.

bryke created the avatar franchise as a tribute to Naruto, what would you expect from those pretentious hacks? All the messages are second hand and their teenager brain can't grast an ounce of it outside of the face value and memes.

If they didn't talk after 13 years of this shit, they weren't gonna talk.

Congratulations, you just figured out that the Red Lotus were the actual good guys in this conflict.

Tenzin forgot about them after he started having kids and Zuko forgot in his old age. And the White Lotus didn't have anyone tell them to stop guarding them.

This reminds me, Old Man Zuko was great, why didn't he get more screentime?

>Reference that film, if you're so great

>Old Man Zuko was great
He did literally nothing but show up for fan pandering.

Did LoK actually do the "killing is always wrong" trope? I know ATLA did, but I don't remember LoK doing it. But maybe that's because LoK was so unmemorable.

Bryke openly said they wanted to make Korra's story her own, and not a continuation of the old gaang's. Which was probably their only good decision, seeing how they handled Aang and Toph.

But maybe they will talk after 15 years

Mako straight up killed Ming-Hua
Suyin killed P'li
Korra technically killed Vaatu/Unalaq

They weren't people user. They were fucking monsters

Let's look at their rap sheet:
>Attempting kidnapping
>

>but muh bible

lol

"lol"

assault I'm sure.

Sokka caused the death of Combustion Man.

What were they going to do, remove their bending? If only there was someone who could have prevented literally all of this.

If only they could have reformed Amon... He´d have been the best policeman the world has ever seen. Seriously, this guy would be able to overpower anyone.
Hell, Kuvira might have been the only one to give him trouble and that's only because she had an army and a fucking mecha.

>Korra technically killed Vaatu/Unalaq

She technically killed Unalaq at the least. Raava stated to Wan that neither she nor Vaatu can actually be killed. At least not permanently. Vaatu will return attached to Raava inside one of Korra's successors.

Their crime felt really lame. I was expecting them to be major revolutionaries or something responsible for a lot of death, but all they had under their belt was a failed kidnapping attempt.

The moral of TLOK seemed to be "Objectivism is the answer."

So he was a water bender but Why was he always immune to everyone's bending or rather he never dodged, they always seemed to bend around him. And why was he immune to his brother's blood bending but Hama wasn't immune to Katara's?

Because Amon used his psychic Bloodbending to subtly manipulate people whenever they bent at him, thus making them miss. Katara was just stronger than Hama and over-powered her like how Amon over-powered Tarrlok because he was stronger.

He could subtly move other people while they were trying to attack him so they missed. Remember, psychic bloodbending. And he was able to overcome Tarlok's bloodbending because he was stronger, just like Katara broke out of Hama's because she was stronger.

I kinda hope that Vaatu is tied to Unalaq's reincarnation and they follow that Dark Avatar's heroic story instead of Korra's successors

It'd be more interesting than dark=evil

Korra is literally more of a criminal herself in season 1 than any one of the Red Lotus Squad

>stows away on a ship without paying for a ticket
>vagrancy and fishing without a permit
>destroys civic property on a regular basis
>vigilantism resulting in what can only be serious injury (Freezing a man's head in a block of ice and then smashing said ice against a rock is no joke)
>assaults a city official
>trespassing on private property

The moral of TLOK is actually "You should probably not try to cram 24 episodes of story and characters into 12 episodes."

The objective failing of Korra over TLA is in its lack of direction across the whole series. TLA had a single primary objective that the protagonists were always working towards, atop all their other objectives and character arcs: STOP THE FIRELORD FROM TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

Korra and the gang, on the other hand, flitted from season to season, villain to villain, threat to threat, without much of a connecting line between them. It leaves the completed series feeling directionless.

Of course it couldn't be avoided, since they didn't know how many seasons they were actually going to get, but there are still some serious shortcomings in the way Korra was written and directed.

>TLA had a single primary objective that the protagonists were always working towards

TLA spent fucktons of time with Aang just randumbly wandering around accomplishing next to nothing. Then he's FINALLY meet a "bending master", short training montage and back to more tourism.

TLA wasted the bulk of the 3rd season doing exactly nothing, then rushed a contrived finale.

What if the idea was to address moral hypocrisy but the writers couldn't commit to it?

That's true, but the core plot of "Save the world" was always there, pointing the series in a certain direction, even when the actual adventure started to meander. Korra's wandering-around-accomplishing-nothing doesn't even have that.

Aang was simply interfering in inter-nation politics and conflict, exactly like Korra.
The only difference was that Korra had to deal with antagonists from several different factions, whereas Aang had the Fire Nazis in almost every single episode.

>I kinda hope that Vaatu is tied to Unalaq's reincarnation and they follow that Dark Avatar's heroic story instead of Korra's successors

I don't think that'll happen. If Unalaq survived on a spiritual level, he'll probably be dragged along with Vaatu into Korra's successors since Vaatu will be reborn in Raava, and thus be bound to her. Though, on the flip side, Unalaq may have been destroyed on the spiritual level and can never reincarnate even if Vaatu wouldn't be bound to Raava.

One way or the other, there will not be a new 'dark Avatar' unless Vaatu gets the upper hand over Raava during the next harmonic convergence.

They should have stuck with it then.

Does that mean the next avatar will have 2 past lives, Korra and Unalaq?

That would require effort and mean that the characters who don't have a story purpose in the show would be left behind. We need a "Team Avatar" and we need "fanservice."

The ideas that Bryke come up with are just as bad as their writing since they don't expound on the different avenues of the idea.
The White Lotus and Tenzin and the other adults didn't want to give the bad guys a death sentence if they could take them down despite them attacking world leaders (Tenzin, Sokka, Zuko, and Tonraq) and the Avatar.

And it's so dangerous out there that they completely deny Korra a childhood, a chance to see the world like the Avatar should, and don't show her the various cultures that we get a Korra that everyone hates because she doesn't know the world and acts against it.
And yet despite this danger that led to this, the higher ups and adults are okay with Korra going off on her own in seasons 1 and 2.

That doesn't make any sense.

Unalaq got his spirit spirited away like how he was threatening to do with Jinora during that hostage part. Unalaq is gone for good, but Vaatu/Raava is always reborn inside the other and bound there.

STREAM
WHERE?

What if the next Avatar is born as twins and Raava and Vaatu each get one

And each twin can only bend two elements

Shouldn't work like that, would rather be one has 4 elements the other only gets their native element.

kek

They look like monsters to you?

>kill everyone that'll fix it
-Sup Forums 2016

Except the Joker.

Ya gotta rape the Joker.

There is literally not a single physical problem that cannot be solved with the application of sufficient amounts of violence.

user's saying that a ton of fucking around alongside a core arc that's resolved and decent character writing is better than a ton of fucking around with no core arc and shit character writing.

>The moral of TLOK seemed to be
>lesbians stop all criticism

> video game meme picture
leave

building that desk i bought online would have been simpler if i just started punching the desk for not being already put together

Not killing is just some stupid rule that good guys adopt so they feel they have the higher moral ground, and can always say "hurrr, we're not like you!", when in fact it is just ignorant and selfish.

There's a great page in the recent issue of Transformers where Optimus kills the fuck out of Galvatron and completely explains why it must be done. It was such a hype moment, for me, since I'm so tired of all the "no kill rule" walking that has run rampant since Man of Steel.

The Red Lotus are known murderers.

She's just knocked out stupid, Gazan took advantage of the cave in he caused to tunnel to her and tunnel away undetected.

>Actually believing a simple rockslide HE CAUSED can kill a master earthbender

Korra having a different plot each season wasn't the problem. All of those plots being terrible was the problem.

I'm saying that it's not moral to spare someone's life if you're going to give them a fate worse than death.

This is never stated anywhere.

Literally all anyone knew about them before they busted out of prison was that they tried to kidnap Korra.

>They were going to poison and kill a baby girl to end the Avatar

Man, maybe they didn't have a big rap sheet, but they were pretty fucking awful people.

They weren't going to kill baby Korra. They were going to raise her as their own.

They tried to kill older Korra because she refused to work for them.

And nobody knew any of this when they locked them up.

That doesn't make any sense. They were basically unstoppable on their own, and if they really wanted to raise an avatar to work with them, they could just kill Korra and try again. The fact that they tried to end the Avatar means they had no real interest in bringing one to their side.
Zaheer was lying to keep Korra distracted, user.

>They were basically unstoppable on their own
They were literally stopped on their very first mission.

>And nobody knew any of this when they locked them up.
You keep ignoring this.

And here I wonder how. But I don't think an extra jack of all trades bender would make a huge difference. I mean if they ever went into the avatar state they'd probably be set straight.
As much as I'd love an AU where Korra becomes an edgy red lotus avatar, I don't see how what they claimed could be true.

I'm not saying that to justify their inhumane treatment from the "heroes'" perspective, just that they were pretty fucking horrible people.

>just ignorant and selfish.
>it was such a hype moment for me since I'm so tired of all the "no kill rule"
Bit of a slip there, Sigmund.

Isn't that Xykon's philosophy from OOTS?

I'll be honest I'm always really split on this moral.
On the other hand, yeah, I can get choosing to put the lives of the many above your own desire too keep your hands clean.
But one look at the world and you see so many causes go to hell when they start killing or harming for "the greater good".

There really isn't an easy answer.
The closest thing I can think of that if a character has to do it to protect the many, they should then remove themselves from power so they'll never start doing it full time.

This, or just having female protags in general.

Ghostbusters had shitty writing, soecial effects abd directing, but if you pointed that out no matter how intellectually or diplomatically, you'd be shouted down by neo feminists saying you misognistic.

Mako's reaction after killing her will always be my favorite moment.
He realized what the fuck he just did and just takes it all in.

Imprisoning leaves the opportunity for lots of interesting stories to be crafted, killing them only leads to one interesting story.
/thread

Better Amon and than Awomon.

>Imprisoning leaves the opportunity for repeating the same story over and over again for infinity

>Making preachy self important speeches before killing someone
Opposite extreme of the shit spectrum.

What's the point of giving a life lesson to someone you're about to snuff out? If everyone in your lynch party already agrees silently or otherwise who are you speaking for other than your ego? This heavy handed writing comes right out of the pages of Mr.A.

It would actually be interesting if there were 2 avatars constantly duking it out as a matter of maintaining balance in a post apocalyptic world blown to hell by spirit nukes, one trying to bring balance by uniting the scattered nations, and one trying to keep any one faction from becoming too powerful.

I feel the same. I can understand the need for killing, but the idea of it doesn't really sit well with me, especially if you're killing someone in cold blood without a trial.

>/threading your own post
>while being wrong

>They were going to poison and kill a baby girl to end the Avatar
no one knew that

Should i point out that Korra on the SAME season tried to kidnap someone?

>Killing is wrong
>Aang was an airbender, a pacifist
>The people who built the jails are not airbenders
Gee, I wonder why op.

To bad they were so bad at it that they caved.

Dark avatar? Red lotus? Giant robots?