This is the best version of Captain Boomerang and I would be happy if it becomes the standard for all future...

This is the best version of Captain Boomerang and I would be happy if it becomes the standard for all future incarnations of the character to be based on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cAyoUxd1pfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was cool but i don't know much about the charater really so....

It's a shame they cut out the racism and sexism though, that could of been really funny

He's a big guy.

agreed, he has so much personality and is both bad ass and can serve as a comedy relief character

love his look too

>horse fucker
Meh

Do you mean design or character-wise?
Because character-wise he was exactly like his comic book counter part, the most accurate out of the entire cast so they don't even need to base him on the film version
Aside from that horse fucker stuff they added.

The unicorn could have been great if it had ANY pay off. If the Enchantress looked into Boomerbutt's mind and saw him riding on top of the unicorn chasing down the Flash. Or any other dream sequence involving it. That would have made it worth it.

Jai Courtney finally didn't fuck up for once

Finally just got to play himself I reckon.

>riding on top of a unicorn chasing the flash
That would've been great.

There was no racism/sexism cut.

He wasn't racist enough. I wish he had more screen time.
>hits on Harley, gets punched in the face
>huts on Kataba, gets knocked down
>calls Deadshot "you people"

He needed more screen time, he was great for how much he got though.

Dam that would've been 10/10

He was fucking AMAZING
Though i wish he would've thrown more boomerangs and he could've been more of an asshole too

or like another user said, he gets stabbed but he gets saved by the pink unicorn
cue dramatic moment

Still, best character
Would've prefered if the movie was Captain Boomerang & 'Friends'

I'm not being funny, but I'm going to guess you guys are big fans of Marvel Studios. The unicorn should have been left out altogether.

>Would've prefered if the movie was Captain Boomerang & 'Friends'
So...a Rogues moviesl? 'cause these chumps weren't his mytes.

It's pretty good. Shame they basically hacked him out of the movie.

His greed saves everybody. Pure kino.

The bomb that they were going to use to blow up the Enchantress' brother should have fizzled out. The unicorn should have been revealed to have been a highly concentrated plastique specifically designed for blowing apart safes.

Actually when he gets stabbed and pulls out the money, apparently you can see that the money was in the unicorn

I like the idea that it's his "teddy bear" though and he's just a manchild who robs banks with his stuffed animal in tow

>a Rogues movie
that'd be more like Captain Cold & Friends, but sure, more Boomerang could be good
Why do you hate fun, user?

It isn't about whether the unicorn should or shouldn't be included. It's that they included it without having any payoff to it.

The scene where Flash busts him us cool but I could've gone without him and instead when Flag recruits him you get some banter
>George Harness aka Captain Boomerang. Now what kind of a manchild picks the nickname Captain Boomerang for himself?
>Well, me mytes call me Digger
>Alright Digger, here's the de-
>Oi, I said me mytes, you limey prick

The Wacky Adventures of Boomer and Katana guest staring the Suicide Squad. That's all I want.

>that boomer and katana buddy cop movie idea in the other thread

I seriously want it

Tell me about it please

found it

the comics love to make Boomer the butt end of jokes and make him get beat up a lot, without letting him do much in terms of plot unless it's to cower away. Movie Boomer was more of a sneaky, lovable cheeky dick who was entertaining and only got his comeuppance when he tried to mouth off Waller.

I need this. youtu.be/cAyoUxd1pfg

>If the Enchantress looked into Boomerbutt's mind and saw him riding on top of the unicorn chasing down the Flash.

I really hope that's in a deleted scene somewhere

I would have accepted Boomer in his cell at the end hugging his unicorn. But its literally FUCKING NOTHING

Not even sure if he used a boomerang in the entire film.

the joke worked better with everyone getting what they asked for while Boomerbutt is left rotting in his cell raging

About 3 times

Threw one at bank heist
Threw one at katana
Threw drone boomerangs with camera
Threw c4 boomerangs at enchantress bro
Threw one more at bro but hot knocked back

This.

YFW we will never get this version of movie Boomerang throwing one at Jack Drake

He needs to be thrown off a building during a fight scene, and pull this shit to return to the battle.

Am I the only one who hated the pink unicorn and thought it was a shitty way of trying to be like Deadpool?

>Katana trying to do a respectable Yakuza movie
>Boomer constantly making racist remarks at the gangsters

If it had made any sort of payoff, it probably wouldn't have felt like that. But they did nothing with it. There weren't even any jokes, besides the implied 'adult man likes unicorns'. Comes off as a poor attempt at making the character 'quirky'.

Remember when he gets stabbed and pulls out that money? The money was in the unicorn.

What other roles he has had?

Kyle Reese in Terminator Genysis, Bruce Willis's son in Die Hard 5. He wasn't very good in either. He's one of those actors where it really depends on the role. As this film shows he should probably do more comedy.

Compared to the comics, he is actually bigger. You think DC will change Digger appearance in comics to match the film?

At the end and Boomerang threatened Waller cause 10 years off a triple life sentence is nothing what happened? He threatens her then she calls his threat and says lets get crazy as she would then a pause of them standing there then the scene ends. Deadshot, Harley, Croc are all seen with what they wanted and he is just seen being crazy in his cell. The hell happened?

>Mfw I ship Katana and Flagg

He didn't have any leverage. And while the others asked for something he demanded something, and that something was complete freedom. And after threatening Waller he was thrown in solitary. Basically his big mouth got him in trouble.

What's the fun in that? Flagg has Enchantress already.

And Enchantress is hotter anyway

Although I guess Flagg X Katana makes sense since they're old friends. They could be on again off again sex partners

The "proof" of this rumor is a misunderstood quote where Jai said that Boomer's an unrepentant sexist, racist asshole and that he'd embraced that douchebag attitude fro the character.

You're crazy. Enchantress can't compete with qt Katana.

People people. Just have Katana capture Enchantress in her sword and have both.

True love.

>The unicorn should have been revealed to have been a highly concentrated plastique specifically designed for blowing apart safes.

>big finale comes
>bomb shorts out
>"We're out of options!"
>"Naw, myte. I gotcher covered."
>shoves fist into the unicorns rear
>everyone groans in disgust
>pulls out massive wad of plastique
>"What? What's everyone lookin' at?"

I really was hoping for Boomerbutt to bang her and then she'd be shown to have regrets and shame.

Stupid as fuck. Would've worked better if he just drops it bear the monster when he gets hit and then when he steps on it it just blows
>Blimey, that thing had explosives in it?
And then the camera would focus on his face for a few seconds as we see him mentally shit himself over how lucky he was that it didn't blow sooner when he was fighting with it in his coat.

>Katana will never play Pokemon with DC waifus and the Soultaker sword

You can't top his silver age origin. It's perfect comic books.

>Toy company decides hot new summer toy is boomerangs
>Hire a bogan from the outback who learned how to make and use boomerangs as weapons
>Fly him out to Central City and give him a costume and the title Captain Boomerang to be the spokesperson
>Turns out he's a scumbag who promptly fucks off to rob banks with the other costumed weirdos in CC

Would Katana's have been able to play an older Cass Cain? What do you think.

>Cast look like they're having a blast behind the scenes
>Movie is absolutely destroyed by critics

I know they made mad cash but I still feel a bit bad for the cast. Looked like they all cared and wanted to make something good.

I think it would be better if he knew his own unicorn had a bomb in it

Only time Jai Courtney wasn't awful was Spartacus. When he died at hands of his best friend for rich kid's entertainment.

Critics don't care. To them actors don't need to have fun or be involved. They just have to do their job and that's that. Funny, I still remember how critics shat on RDJ when the first Ironman came out saying he put on a lackluster performance and all.

Im sorry, we should've have it be another Bat-Man of Steel.

kek

Boomerang is better.

Were they just ripping off the joke that Deadpool masturbates to a stuffed unicorn? Cause that's the only thing I out of that scene.

>Flag destroys phone
>"You're all free now."
>Moment of silence
>Boomer just bolts

>Gang walking down the street
>Boomer shows back up
>"Didn't you know, mate? Boomerangs always come back."

WHY DIDNT THIS HAPPEN?!

NOT SHOWING his dream sequence fantasty of him riding or naked with a pink unicorn is the biggest missed opportunity in any movie i've ever seen. Instead we saw jared leto with no make-up

>Remember when he gets stabbed and pulls out that money? The money was in the unicorn.
I was wondering where that came from.

>WHY DIDNT THIS HAPPEN?!
BECAUSE HE'S BOOMERANG!

Legit good quip, 10/10

Him just coming right back, no comment, no questions asked, got a laugh in my theater. I don't think it needed a quip.

Movie would've been better if they didn't have Harley Quinn and instead placed more focus on the Ostrander characters. Watching this movie makes me glad they didn't put Iron Man into the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Lmfaooooooo

If the movie was less "Let's fuck up Harley characterization" and more 'Digger is an asshole: The Feature Film" I'd love it.

I also enjoyed Waller and hey I liked all the 5ve lines Katana had, just hated her characterization on the drinking scene because the writers gave up pretending she was there for any reason.

> See pictures of them goofing off on set
> think it might actually be scenes from the movie
> Sit through the whole thing wondering when they're actually going to have fun despite knowing in my heart of hearts the scenes didn't actually exist or got cut
At least they had fun filming it, I guess. That's more than the people on Ghostbusters can say.