SUICIDE SQUAD BEATS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY'S AUGUST DEBUT RECORD

>Suicide Squad had an incredibly successful debut at the box office this weekend, breaking Guardians of the Galaxy's August record with $135.1 million.

>Warner Bros.' new comic book film soared far past Guardians of the Galaxy's $94.3 million figure after breaking August's Thursday preview night record.

>Variety notes that Suicide Squad now serves as the biggest film of Will Smith's career, eclipsing the $77.2 million debut of I Am Legend nine years ago.

ign.com/articles/2016/08/07/suicide-squad-beats-guardians-of-the-galaxys-august-debut-record

cinemablend.com/news/1542999/suicide-squad-has-made-an-insane-amount-of-money-this-weekend-get-the-details

money.cnn.com/2016/08/07/media/suicide-squad-box-office-opening/

Why does it feel so good when the good guys win for once? We actually did it bros

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/suicide-squad-donald-trump-of-superhero-movies/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/suicide-squad-donald-trump_us_57a4cf2ae4b056bad2156895
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>critical failure
>commercial success

This movie isn't your dad, you don't have to defend it so hard.

>movie with Joker, Harley Quinn and Will Smith beats a bunch of literally whos on opening weekend

HOLY SHIT WHO COULD'VE SEEN IT COMING

It's not like Guarians' success mainly came from repeat business and good word of mouth, exactly what's going to kill Suicide Squad's future profits!

B-b-but muh kino

Why are you happy that a butchered movie is doing well? If you actually wanted to make DC great again, then you should want this to fail so that WB realises that their constant executive meddling is destroying their films.

Better than BVS

Movie was a solid 6-7 (5 being literally middle of the road inoffensive). If there's a director's cut/unrated/fixed version the score will probably go up. So far, the most enjoyable of the DCEU theatrical releases so far (I specifically said theatrical releases).

>implying the bad legs of BvS wasn't because the weekend after its opening was easter

Nigga it opened ON Easter. Probably part of Snyder's Christian pottery

This. When it's good it's really good but you can see the damage that was done to it.

A good editor could have made it amazing. A shame the best we can hope for is that it gets returned to what it was before WB butchered it.

>this movie isn't your dad
YOU DON'T KNOW ME

Feels good, brah. Need a director's cut with more Boomerbutt scenes though.

>corporate executives
>learning their lessons
It's better for this to succeed so the suits can relax.

Sadly it'll get absolutely destroyed when that new Disney animated movie comes out next week

It's fucking Disney so I predict $200 million opening domestic a d suicide squad will call to $30 million

I honestly don't care. As long as you enjoyed the movie, does it really fucking matter?

Why are you guys so bitter and insecure about your taste on this board, all of you are almost as bad as Sup Forums.

Stop with this stupid dick measuring contest, maybe it's time for us to get out and meet some people.

I always listen:
YOU DON'T OWN ME

>b-box office doesn't matter
typical marvelshills

Man could there be an anymore ironic song for Harley quinn.l?

Also needs to break at least $800 million to make profit

It's hopeless

>why are ypu guys so bitter
Geez could it be due to all the shitposting?
>27% ON RT
>DKEKS ARE ON SUICIDE WATCH
>DC IS OVER

What's coming out next week? Moana is in November

I think he's talking about Pete's dragon.

Well who can expect less from "The Magnificent Seven for the Hot Topic Generation"?

>Why does it feel so good when the good guys win for once? We actually did it bros

Guardians of the Galaxy was blown away by Batman vs Superman's opening weekend too.

They ended on the same gross. Early indications are that this will fall off the same way - but with a lower opener, it's going to end up far further down.

This is partly because WB have begun giving their movies an extra day of release on Thursdays before the "opening" weekend - guaranteeing a higher weekend figure, since that number is rolled into Friday, but from the look of the trends so far, hurting the overall performance.

Then be the bigger person and ignore it, it's shitposting, it's what most of this website thrives on. Marvel and DC posters are just as bad as each other, it really doesn't fucking matter, man. I don't care about what you like and don't, so why should you care about what everyone else thinks?

As opposed to
>LOL THE CRITICS DON'T MATTER
>IT'S A DISNEY CONSPIRACY
>IT'S MAKING ALL THE MONEY
>MOUSEKETEERS BTFO
>HERE'S LESS THAN A DOZEN OF CLICKBAIT REVIEWS THAT MENTION SEXISM, TRULY THIS MEANS EVERY SINGLE COMPLAINT ABOUT THE MOVIE WAS INVALID AND AS IRRATIONAL

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>implying one of the worlds biggest corporations is stupid enough to launch their biggest ever movie on a bad week

It just flopped mate

Uh huh. And the bad legs on Man of Steel?

I just want to get your story straight before you have to make up a new excuse for this one. In a month or so I imagine you'll be claiming the hot topic crowd all got taken away on vacation by their parents and couldn't get to see the movie.

Why do you take an insult to a fairly shit and generic movie personally? Thats fucking embarassing

>IT'S A DISNEY CONSPIRACY
>27% ON RT
I never got this, given time warner owns RT...

It didnt really have much competition when released if we're being honest. Kind of a slow month

>being triggered on an anonymous french film forum over a multi-million dollar blockbuster that stars a tattooed albino clown called "The Joker"
Man the fuck up.

>be the bigger person
Oh fuck you.

You're only proving my point, thank you.

What a beautiful summer, and what a beautiful time to be a DC fan.

>Uh huh. And the bad legs on Man of Steel?

It was going agqainst World War Z and Monsters inc 2 was on its second weekend.

Actually I have a degree in meme accounting and I calculated it needs 7.6 quadrillion dollars opening weekend domestic to break even

How will DCfailures ever survive

>quadrillion
>not a gorillion
Another youth who thought college is the future.

>Posting factual numbers from a report
>defending it.

Even more pathetic is people like you going out of their way to try an convince people that they are wrong for liking something that you don't like. Not that any of that matters anyway since this is all Sup Forums shit anyway.

30%. Rest is Universal.

>I have a degree in meme accounting
Bullshit, if you were you'd use pastas.

Cause you guys completely drown any discussion about the movie with evansposting. Same thing happened with MoS and BvS, every time a thread came up and people were discussing what they liked about the films it wouldn't be too long till the shitposting start.

>Variety notes that Suicide Squad now serves as the biggest film of Will Smith's career, eclipsing the $77.2 million debut of I Am Legend nine years ago.

That's kinda insane.

Ah and the first meme accountant appears

>can't handle bantz
What are you, Canadian?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ABSOLUTELY BASED

WE DID IT LADS

>Universal even having a dog in the superchump film wars.

>7.6 quadrillion dollars

Are you forgetting MARKETING COSTS again Dcuck???????

I swear every time a new DC movie comes out a good portion of DC fans get so fucking defensive like Marvel doesnt get its fair share of shit. Suicide Squad was a mediocre movie and a technical mess just like the universe its in.

And Guardians 2 will probably beat every DC movie to date financially. It was a movie of literally whos that no one could have forseen being one of the best Marvel movies.

>Tfw the accountants are gonna FREAK!!

>this thread

Just like muh console wars!

Do Marvel flicks get shit because they don't pander to the SJW sensibilities of internet reviewers like the DC ones?

when was the last time that happened? ummm let me see, fear and loathing in las vegas? terminator? scrooged? scarface? predator? twin peaks?

in 20 years people will look back and regard MoS, BvS and SS as masterpieces and cult classics

you're on the wrong side of history buddy, but pls go on, trust the critics who say GhostBusters 2016 is great movie but Suicide Squad is a bad one

Your point is bullshit. How can we discuss anything about these movies if shitposters do nothing but try and stop us.

>only 7.6 q

holy shit how stupid can you DKEKS be?

It needed to make tenty-two bajillon dollars within the first .5 milliseconds of release to not bankrupt WB

Marvel doesn't get its fair share, that's the point.

this

>Suicide Squad now serves as the biggest film of Will Smith's career, eclipsing the $77.2 million debut of I Am Legend nine years ago.

this is the real shocker, Will must be happy as fuck, I like the guy and I hope he's happy too, and it really is kinda insane when you take in to consideration what massive movie hits Will has had over the years, and Suicide Squad is his biggest one yet

Evansposters make us this defensive. They were happy as shit when Suicide squad got eviscerated by the critics cause that means they get five more weeks of evansposting.

Critics don't say Ghostbusters is a good movie though. They just say it's alright but doesn't hold a candle up to the original which is completely fair.

I can't believe DC fanboys are actually defending this movie when it looks like WB just wants to make generic action movies while just putting the leads in DC costumes. It's a fucking disservice to the actual good stories that could be told.

Was alright.

I wasn't expecting much but what I got wad acceptable, some scenes were kinda weird, some acting wad awkward and I wanted more batfleck, but I was entertained.

>not getting released in Chine
>theaters take 110% of the box office so for every ticket they sell, DC has to pay them money
>they spent the GDP of the Netherlands in advertisements

Good luck with that shit, WB shillboi

>DCfags before Guardians
>"These literally whos are going to be Marvel's first flop, nobody cares about them"

>DCfags after Guardians
>"HOLY SHIT GUYS WE BEAT GUARDIANS! FINALLY WE WIN!"

Really shows how far they've fallen in the last few years.

Bullshit. Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, and Thor 2 got plenty of shit and for good reason. The only difference is with Marvel movies people eventually move on, DC however people rabidly defend/shitpost about it like its some victim of some injustice.

Prepare for anger.

I wish I could articulate my thoughts. I know that being critical of films is for the sake of art. And generally, people want to like things that are considered good.

I watched Suicide Squad with the intent of enjoying it. And as I watched it, I saw Batman chase the Joker and take down Deadshot and it was wonderful but I could feel the critics opinion. It's not that I subconsciously knew it was bad, it was simply that I knew me liking it was somehow going to be considered wrong.

I honestly just love enjoying things. I don't see how one wouldn't. But it's not like I was able to appreciate Green Lantern in any way.

I honestly think that if the public was unaware of the studio meddling and reshoots and it wasn't hyped and reported on for so long, the reception would be vastly different.

I just like liking things. There isn't a bad film in the MCU. There hasn't been a film in the DCEU I haven't loved. X-Men has had a few hateable movies.

>big box office first day
>massive drops saturday and sunday
Yeah, you guys totally won, it sure is being received as a great film and not another flop with no legs

Alright now let's see how that second week looks.

You're that easily triggered?

thewrap.com/suicide-squad-donald-trump-of-superhero-movies/

huffingtonpost.com/entry/suicide-squad-donald-trump_us_57a4cf2ae4b056bad2156895

If you think any Marvel movie has to deal with shit like this you're retarded.

>Geez could it be due to all the shitposting?
>HURR MAN OF STELL WAS 10/10, YOU JSUT DIDN'T GET IT
>PRAISE ZACK
>KINO KINO KINO KINO
>2DEEP4U
>HURR MARLEL IS FOR THE KIDS, NOT SOPHISICATED GELTELMEN LIKE MYSELF
>HURR MOUSECATEERS HURR MARVELSHILL
>MEME MEME MEME, QUIP QUIP QUIP
>MARLEL IS FINISHED

>W-Why are you guys so mean to us?
You people did it to yourselves

You realize the only reason people post that shit is the bait sensitive fanboys like you. You're the reason for the shitposting.

>Critics don't say Ghostbusters is a good movie though.

bull fucking shit, it's certified 'FRESH' on rotten tomatoes mate, fuck that whole website and the critics on it

critics are mad as fuck because 'the nerds' don't like their bullshit SJW movies and see this as an opportunity to kick the nerds right where it hurts since Marvel is considered the more casual of the two, and DC is considered more hardcore and complex, so they tried to shit all over BvS and SS

>this kills the user

>There isn't a bad film in the MCU
Surely there is at least one as bad as Green Lantern.

I don't remember any DCfags shitting on GoTG.

Every single thread where you said anything positive about the movie getting immediately spammed with Evans posting gets tiresome after awhile.

Bullshit. All of those movies got positive reviews.

>Movie was a solid 6-7
>Bad editing
>Bad soundtrack
>Action was boring of shit
>The majority of the cast do absolutely nothing and don't even develop
>SHITTY ASS VILLAIN
>The formation of the team being the reason the conflict starts
I would love to see what you gave Green Lantern when it was first released.

To be honest I just love the characters and before this console war there wasn't any new Batman or Wonder Woman movie on sight.

This movie was mediocre but I still have hope in based Affleck and Jenkins seem decent too. Aquaman could be either way, I hope they go full Lovecraft and Ocean Master can be a god tier villain but who knows. JJ is doomed through and through

I wish I could live in your world
Yeah because clickbait tabloid shit really matters?

>This is partly because WB have begun giving their movies an extra day of release on Thursdays before the "opening" weekend

I agree with you on all other points but I'm pretty sure all movies do this now, not just WB.

Thursday is the new Friday.

I'm glad that people who liked the movie will probably get to see a sequel.

(People who liked the movie may include me when I see it.)

Otherwise it's not my money so I don't care that much.

Nolan's batman films will always have more critical success than any Marvel property (literally oscar winning films)

and SS now rekt GotG when it comes to financial success, so you have nothing, gg

It's certified Fresh because like 70% of people "liked" it but the actual reviews are just like "it was okay" minus some obvious paid shills

riiiiight

It's not that you're reporting numbers, it's that you're looking at them in isolation without a wider understanding of the context in which they arrived or the general trends that inform them.

>anything longer than 10 words is pasta

I want Trumpposters to leave

Yes, how can you? Oh wait, you can fucking ignore it. It's not that DC fans are fucking golden anyhow, they've done their fair share of shitposting as well. If all of you ignore, then they won't bother you as much, but none of you can because you're so insecure about it.

But I'm not just saying you are, almost everyone here will respond to bait. They're all as bad as each other.

maybe read the article retard?

No I don't think so. The only films on the lower end of the spectrum are the Thor movies. And they're not bad. Definitely not the best but they're a good time.

I honestly love every day and pray just in case god is real just to thank him for everything.

>Nolan's batman films
I don't know why you bring that up as if it's relevant to right now? I think most would agree Nolan deserves the acclaim he got. It's in comparison to the actual DCEU that we're trying to discuss

It's a constant barrage of shitposting, I'mnot triggered I'm just fed up with it.

Marlel has yet to make a good movie and haven't had a good comic since Lee scared off Kirby

Yeah but they were torn apart on here? God forbid you say anything bad about a DC film because you get dozen people rabidly defending it

3/10 because he's Johnfag that watched JLU.

This is great news I loved them both and want to see DC and Marvel digging into their B and C list pool to show them some love.

Now DC give us Challengers of the Unknown and Marvel give us Midnight Sons.

>just ignore it and let us continue shitposting!
MCU fans REALLY dont have much to do every day, do they?

Midnight Sons and Darkhold would get me out to see a Marvel movie day fucking one, and I hate Marvel.