If someone as powerful as Superman attacks us, we'll need a squad to take him down

>If someone as powerful as Superman attacks us, we'll need a squad to take him down
>Let's include a guy who loses a fight to normal prison guards, a guy who can shoot really accurately with normal guns, a guy who can throw boomerangs super well, a guy who can tie knots super well, and a normal woman whose power is that she owns a baseball bat, one of whom is literally so insane that we can't trust her to follow orders even if we threaten her. These will definitely beat Superman in a fight
>I can control this ancient super witch by threatening her horcrux
>Unless of course there are things about magic I don't understand, and since I'm not a magician that includes everything
>There's a room of people who weren't cleared to learn the things I showed them, despite my assembling them into this room knowing what I would show them. It's okay, though, because there's room on my helicopter and I can just bring them with me and figure out what to do with them later, since all of them are highly-trained assets I can use in future ops
>Or I can just kill them immediately
>I have important top-secret information
>I'd better put it all in a giant folder labeled TOP SECRET in red letters that has no security beyond that, such an unbreakable suitcase designed to destroy its contents if fucked with like I used with the Enchantress' horcrux
>Harley Quinn's head explosion thingy was tampered with and no longer works
>I'll threaten her into staying in prison by saying I'll blow up her head if she leaves, and this works because ???
Is this the dumbest character who's ever been in a superhero movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WS0PMpER9Ms
twitter.com/cinemasins/status/762831525809418240
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stopped reading at the start. Pick up a damb comic and see what threat the squad takes on in their first mission. A team that includes the asshole with the boomerangs, the guy that can shoot really well and the soldier guy.

>>There's a room of people who weren't cleared to learn the things I showed them, despite my assembling them into this room knowing what I would show them.

What the fuck was that though?

>"They weren't cleared for this!"

Then why were they fucking there??

>Then why were they fucking there??

Weren't supposed to be. All hell broke loose and they grabbed them as necessary substitutes for a crisis. Doesn't mean Waller forgot they weren't cleared.

>Harley Quinn's head explosion thingy was tampered with and no longer works

Only in the range of the device that was in Joker's helicopter.

hey if he ties a really strong knot how will you escape?

assume in this hypothetical situation sharp objects do not exist

So at the end of the movie, Bruce Wayne is agreeing to help her cover up (among other things) the murder of all those people?

The Superman example was retarded. They should have stuck with just needing the team to be around for the governments dirty work

>Superman is dead. Now there's no other option except Task Force X

>Wonder Woman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman still exist and Waller knows this

She could have just been using the Superman example as an excuse to get them to let her form the team. She's Waller so you know she always has her own ulterior motives.

No, stop being an idiot. He will simply help covering up government tracks, he doesn't even know about the people that Waller killed.

To be fair to Boomerang he got noticed by tangling with the Flash.

Didn't he just get his ass kicked? We don't see a lot of it.

Waller can't control Wonder Woman, the Flash or Aquaman, or order them to do some of the uglier black ops shit that Suicide Squad gets into.

The way I see it. He had a fight with the Flash. They don't know much about the Flash cause he's new and unknown. They just have a general idea of how crazy powerful he is. Most of what happened in the fight is probably from Boomer.

Such a stupid decision. Waller is supposed to be morally grey. She was portrayed as doing more evil things than Harley Quinn in the movie.

Evil and STUPID things.

When was that said? The device literally said "DISARMED" not "SIGNAL JAMMED"

>Waller can't control Wonder Woman, the Flash or Aquaman, or order them to do some of the uglier black ops shit that Suicide Squad gets into.
He's saying that threats that may not be Superman-level but are just as dangerous are still out there and the SS clearly wouldn't be able to take them.

To be fair, Deadshot with a kryptonite tipped bullet would probably ruin a Kryptonian day. And they'd never see it coming because 'oh just another bullet I don't care about'.

Who was beat up by normal guards?

We'll, he already had to cover up killing 20+ people in a BvS. He's had practice.

>the uglier black ops shit that Suicide Squad gets into
Like fighting ancient inter-dimensional god-wizards.

Still can't get over the terrible villain choice.
I don't care that it's pulling from that Nightshade arc, it was absolutely retarded as their first mission.

This. Waller can treat the SS like dogs and throw them into whatever she wants. Dealing with super heroes is a world of trouble and negotiations.

Eh, Waller's a pussy. she can't control them at all.

Didn't even have the guts to blow Deadshot's head off.

Wasn't their job first and foremost to extract Waller? Like I think I remember her telling Flagg that the next copter was coming for him and the squad.

Yeah, that story should've been saved for Skwad 2 or 3. Make it more of a punch.

She needs them or at least found them useful at the moment. Yeah, she can't really control them but like rabid dogs she can still throw them to cause trouble where she meeds them to.

Still a more reliable option than calling the JL and deal with their moralfag bullcrap.

You guys are all idiots. She talked about Superman because she had to sell an idea.

I feel like an even more reliable option would be soldiers.
For how few they brought along a good number of them made it to the ending.
Makes you wonder what the fuck Harley, Boomer, and Slipknot were supposed to be bringing to the table.

It's still a dumb line because assuming the generals in the meeting room weren't complete idiots, even they should know that these people couldn't beat someone like Superman, and would tell her to fuck off and find them someone they can actually use.

How to improve Slipknot in three easy steps:

>Give him an intro like everyone else. At least 30 seconds of it. A minute tops, but give him something.

>Give him a little importance - like saying his climbing skills are crucial for the extraction. State why he is needed there and him being offed put the mission in jeopardy.

>Make him more active by making him the one to suggest the bombs are a ruse and that they should escape.

Would have easily made him more memorable while still killing him off early.

No seriously why did they give him deathstroke colors. I can't be the only one who see's it.

So what will Waller do if Anti-Monitor, Mongul, Despero, or Darksied comes to Earth? Not the JL, but her?

We dont use logic in these boards user. Wtf ?

Not a goddamn useful thing.
The only really powerful member of her team died.

Although she did manage to prove that they could reliably bomb superhumans and kill them, so maybe she could try that.

how did the original comic book plot line go...?

Hope Flash villans are still high on Golden Age power levels

Can we all agree that super hero stories mixing in the same universe is fucking retarded? I will never fucking accept that batman exists in the same world superman,aquaman, a woman who can love a Sup Forums poster, chtlulu, the armenian holocaust, etc exist
Suicide squad makes sense in the batman story frame and only in that setting.

>wanting to take out Boomers asshole tricky ways

Jesus fuck m8 she lays it out pretty clear that the whole thing is more about expendable super soldiers and to get in the ground floor of the metahuman arms race.

The only dumb one is for you going to watch it.

You know, give him his moment to shine, like in the original comic: enemies can't be killed, but can be tied in such a way that they're no more dangerous - if you're good and fast enough with ropes.

She uses the idea of superman as a hyperbolic example to put fear and anxiety into the thoughts of those she was appealing to; she was exploiting the situation to help actualise her goal. At the beginning in the restaurant, the man she's presenting the idea to acts as though he's heard the task force x idea before, but this time she has the death of superman to bolster her pitch and it works.
This is a manipulative woman in the company of panicked people, an environment in which she is perfectly at home.

The only truly stupid thing she did was keep the idol of Incubus on a shelf in her room, but given her demonstrating Enchantress' ability to break into anywhere through having her get the Tehran military notes, it's unlikely there's anywhere on Earth it would be truly safe from Enchantress. It still could be kept more secure from others who might know of and covet it though.

I think Harley Quinn would have worked better as someone like Cheetah or if you really wanted the Batman connection Poison Ivy.

I was hoping for a scene where he hangs some motherfuckers youtube.com/watch?v=WS0PMpER9Ms

Kryptonite bullets. Kryptonite Baseball bat. Kryptonite infused claws. Kryptonite boomerang. Magic Sword. Magic Magic.
Dummy

No, because her original plan involved having Enchantress on the team.

Watch the fucking movie. She references Superman as someone they need to be prepared against.

She is based on Hillary Clinton

>Wasn't their job first and foremost to extract Waller?
Yeah.

What, did she send Timothy McVeigh after Bin Laden or something?

There was no need to improve Slipknot. He served his purpose. He was just some no-name they put in to show that they were serious about blowing the Squad's heads off.

My dad made the same stupid joke. Look man, I get that you give a shit about the political process and you'd rather vote for an honest fascist than a dishonest liberal and believe you-me, I get it. That said, can you not? This is a board for comics and cartoons, not your retarded political witticisms.

>Watch the fucking movie. She references Superman as someone they need to be prepared against.

Batman almost killed Superman and Deadshot had Batman dead-to-rights before his daughter intervened.

Deadshot with a magazine containing one or two kryptonite rounds can do some damage.

Couldn't they just demonstrate the lethalness of their neckbombs beforehand without Slipknot falling victim to it?

You mean Silver Age

You forgot the Aztec Fire god. Also, Harley isn't insane. She is an intelligent psychologist/psychiatrist, and plays crazy because she doesn't give a fuck anymore about what normal society thinks about her.

Superman could just stop by Gotham for half an hour and tell batman every criminal thing going on. Between the two of them and the cops shit would be handled in a week.

Mixing hero's has always been a problem. You can have a proper batman investigative story with supes on planet. He can probably cell bats and tell him what he sees from metropolis in real time.

>She is an intelligent psychologist/psychiatrist, and plays crazy because she doesn't give a fuck anymore about what normal society thinks about her.

I'm all for this, but the movie really did imply that the Joker "broke" her through torture.

Which I think kind of took away from the whole Harley Quinn thing. The tragedy is that she COULD leave Joker, but she keeps going back.

But now she's just brainwashed into loving him. She couldn't leave him if she wanted.

That's also why I thought the fantasy she had at the end seemed strange. If she was plain crazy and didn't give a fuck, then why on earth was her dream of an ideal relationship one in which neither she nor Joker are criminals, have any tattoos/paint/piercings, with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence? That's a pretty mundane dream for someone who is psychotic.

That's the kind of dream I'd expect of a more conventional women who convinces herself that she can change the bad boy into marriage material.

But yeah, she could just be pretending to be retarded.

>Kryptonite Baseball bat.
The thought of this makes me kek, though it still makes Harley superfluous to the team

>Which I think kind of took away from the whole Harley Quinn thing. The tragedy is that she COULD leave Joker, but she keeps going back.

That has not and has never been a part of her character or ever been a tragedy.

She's just a fucking nut job who the Joker made worse and now she follows him around like a love sick puppy.

She's not brainwashed or an innocent victim. She's just a fucking nut who found another nut to hang around with.
Now their just a ballsack of evil swinging around in the breeze.

Having never read too much Flash, I have to ask: How the fuck does Cpt. Boomerang pose even the slightest threat to a man who can break the sound barrier at MINIMUM?

The prison psychologist falling for the inmate she was assigned to- even hooking up with him after he gets released- is not at all unheard of.

And let's not get started on women in abusive relationships who keep running back to guys who don't really love them.

The tragedy is supposed to be that this stuff actually happens: Harley Quinn isn't the comic booky product of some super serum, or mind control, or glowing rocks, or whatever.

She used to just be a chick who succumbed to real world phenomena.

Doesn't help that a lot of prison psychologists have issues of their own as well. Lots of them get into psychology specifically because they have issues of their own and want to be able to help other people.

No one, at any point, thinks the women who actually fall for those inmates or writes those serial killers love letters are tragic or deep.

People think they're fucked in the head. She is fucked in the head.

She's no more tragic then any other villain who goes evil after something shitty happens to them that is entirely their fault.
I'm sick of forced DAAAAAW moments for murderous villians.

'Straya cunt

This movie makes me wonder

Do ACTUAL criminals exist in this universe?

Because I really don't understand how Hotpants McDaddyIssues is more qualified for anything the Skwad does than, say, Johnny the Serial Rapist, or David the Kid Diddler.

>No one, at any point, thinks the women who actually fall for those inmates or writes those serial killers love letters are tragic or deep.

People do think it's tragic by every definition of the word.

In the common parlance, it is sad, awful, appalling, etc.

And in a literary sense, it's totally an exmaple of a character that is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances

Also note that I never described the nature of such relationships as "deep". merely as "tragic", which they are.

>>People think they're fucked in the head. She is fucked in the head.

Well yeah she is. But the movie seems to imply that the Joker made her fucked in the head and "transformed" her with torture and Joker chemicals and stuff.

Whereas before, she didn't need any of that. She was just a chick with issues.

>>She's no more tragic then any other villain who goes evil after something shitty happens to them that is entirely their fault.

Well kind of, since a good deal of villain backstories involve some fantastic element, it is different in that regard.

But yeah, I'd feel the same way if they took some other character that was more or less a normal person and invented a fanciful explanation for their origin/motivation, especially if that origin/motivation was a defining aspect of their character.

Like how Bruce is driven by the death of his parents, who were murdered by a mugger, and the impact of his character concept as we see it would be different if the whole family was instead abducted by terrorists, turned into fighting machines. and they sacrificed their lives in order to allow him to escape.

Long Story Shot: Harley just needed to be that crazy and having Joker seemingly brainwash her and dump her in the same chemicals that turned him into the "Joker" changes that.

Well let's go down the checklist
>incredibly athletic
Harley is usually described as being an Olympic level gymnast.
>highly skilled in gunplay
Harley is a straight up gangster and knows her way around a gun very well.
>Amazing hand to hand fighter
>that ace chemical bath
It obviously did sonething to her and the joker but I just don't know what.

Oh god. I'm imagining Waller with Bueno Excelente and Six Pack at her command.

Oh and least I forget
>background in Criminal psychology
She got to the joker m8.

>aztec fire god, and enchantress brother both killed by some shitty explosive when they are tossing around god level powers

This is the secone time Warners has wasted a great actress on a shitty version of this great DC character.

>Waller has device that will destroy Enchantress's heart
>Enchantress goes rogue
>Doesn't use the device and instead stabs the heart

Should have blown her heart up as soon as she ran off, just like they blew Slipknot's head before he was even out of line of sight.

>fascist
Wow. You can use buzzwords. You really are above us all.

Here's how I'd fix the movie.

>Make the movie less about these specific characters, and more about using them to show how the world is turning crazy after the fallout of Superman

>The main characters are just regular thugs at the beginning of the movie. They show hints at who they're going to become, but outside of being slightly more skilled or talented in certain areas, they aren't particularly noteworthy. Just more inmates.

>Instead of just the small handful of characters, the "suicide Squad" is actually a legion 50 to 100 strong

>They come together after Waller proposes a plea deal to the entire prison system: there is a threat. Stop it, and win your freedom. That simple.

>The threat in question is huge and definitely meta-human, and even with the large numbers, everyone is hilariously outmatched

>The tone is less "Guardians of the Galaxy meets Hot Topic", and more "Band of Brothers meets Escape from New York"

>each of the main characters basically goes through their origin story while they all fight and die to stop the threat they volunteered to stop. As more people die, those that remain become more and more recognizably the villains we know them as, including several C and D list villains we only get a tiny glimpse of before they're mowed down and forgotten.

>The more that happens and the more people that die, the stronger the main nine become, and the more recognizable they are.

>Maybe some flashbacks, but nothing anywhere near as elaborate as what we actually got. "I robbed somebody and Batman caught me". Done. Keep the action and the story as close to "now" as possible.

That won't solve everything, but it would solve a lot of the movie's logistical issues, and trim a SHIT-TON of unecessary expositional fat.

Good job on Correcting that Record!

He can throw really fast boomerangs

twitter.com/cinemasins/status/762831525809418240

oh boy

I think a good excuse for this version would be Boomerang tossing out several explosive boomerangs at once and the electrical disturbance setting them off once he gets close to them. So yeah basically Digger carpet bombing the area and getting lucky

Suicide Squad really takes the piss out of helicopter crashes

Did anyone else think it was fuckin stupid that the Helicopter she got into decided to drop to almost street level instead of just flying that the altitude it started at or higher?

It was more about showing that they would kill you if you tried to run, not that the bombs work.

I was trying to figure out why it dived/released flares and who shot down the Squads original helicopter. Unless the flares were meant to mark the location for the next pickup?

>Keep the dinner opening. Have it with Flagg where she tries to blackmail him or convince him to lead a team for the good of the country. He eventually gives in.

>bring it to the pentagon room where she explains a witch's heart is going to be transferred to a warlord in Quandac. Explains that since the Superman thing, magic items and stuff like that are becoming in vogue. Worse, with a clip of Etrigan or something, they're real. Bring in Flagg's girlfriend, an expert on the witch. Exposition dump, requests approval for a team, Samson and Goliath speech. General says they need to be expendable deniable assets. Waller says she has just the people and knows how to get them.

>Flagg and Waller at Belle Reeve Super Max where they select a team together. Waller suggests several people, some of who get shot down but are homages to the classic squads past.

>Introduction scenes like the movie for every member. Once they're selected, Flagg says one more thing and throws in a very thin folder on Katana with next to nothing in it. Waller raises an eyebrow, but Flagg says if they're doing this he wants one of his own in on this. Waller glares but accepts this.

>Team is collected from cells, bombed, and meet up. Flagg explains the situation to them, and the group are briefed on the mission: stealing a witches heart in a no-go zone for Americans. If they're caught, they will be killed either by him or the Quandacs.

>Each person has a specific role or roles, like Harley does her psychology thing as well as infiltration as a regular woman, while Croc runs muscle with Diablo. Give everyone an actual reason to be on the team.

>After introductions, 40 minutes of Oceans 11 heist film.

>Midway through the heist, we here the Joker laughing over the coms and everyone freaks the fuck out. People panic over comms, and build him up as a force of nature not to be fucked with, the only person Batman can't handle. Even Flagg is visibly nervous.

Oh boy indeed.

Waller is the Lex of this movie. Nothing she does makes any fucking sense, she's just bad for the sake of being bad.

What doesn't make sense?

I used to like his videos back when they pointed out technical flaws and bad logic and plot holes and stuff like that. Now they're so chock full of his opinions that they're pretty much insufferable.

I suppose being able to defeat someone like Superman is the endgame, but first she had to prove that the Task Force X initiative worked, using dangerous criminals as cannon fodder to deal with smaller threats.
Baby steps.

>Joker is there to steal something/do a terrorist thing with an elaborate punchline. He's an evil criminal, but still wants a great joke.

>Team continues to do the mission at first, but when the Joker shows up, he takes Harley, who tells him about the witch's heart. Thinking it'd be funny, he lets the witch loose who possesses Flag's girlfriend. Suddenly Quandac becomes ground zero, Joker and Harley go after whatever Joker wants to steal. Joker reveals he has some plot device for jamming the bomb signal so she doesn't die.

>Becomes much more like first movie, Task Force X doesn't fight as a team and nearly wipes. Slipknot tries to run and gets bombed. Task Force decides to cut the witch's heart out, fights through the hordes.

>Harley fucks up with Joker, prevents him from getting what he wants to steal of just makes a bad joke; gets pushed from the helicopter or moving vehicle to die in the warzone.

>Waller reveals she's dropping an airstrike on them if they don't get the witch's heart. No evac without the heart.

>team meets up with her, continues too bond. Becomes more evident they're boned, Flagg included.

>Eventually bar scene, the group either reveals their past or has done it before his point. Flagg turns off the bombs, and Deadshot points out the monsters keep going for him. Maybe he's the witch's heart which give them all an idea.

>One last go for the witch. Badass fight scene with them all working together and using their abilities to their fullest. Boomer has crazy boomerang skills that let him keep up with the Flash, Aztec fire god, Harley with a mallet, ect.

>Eventually, they get Flagg to the witch who is floating in the air. Emotional scene, he stabs her in the heart, and carves it out. Everything stops, they've won.

>Joker shows up, wants the treasure the witch apparently gathered. Team stands up to him guarding Harley, inform him of the bomb incoming him. Asks if he wants to die before Batman. Joker leaves.

>Desperate call off the bomb strike. Waller has the finger on the bomb, considers letting it happen anyways, but lets them leave.

>Tens year off scene, people call her out on it, get their stuff.

>No Joker breaking in final scene.

>Last scene is Flagg gathering up /his/ Suicide Squad proudly for another mission.

Jon Ostrander thought they got Amanda Waller right, so you are objectively wrong.

>If someone as powerful as superman attacks us, we need a squad to take him down
>it'd be suicide!
>then it'll be some kind of...high casualty team

Maybe you should see the fucking movie. The Pentagon has no interest in Waller's proposal until Enchantress, right in front of their eyes, teleports and delivers them classified Iranian nuclear plans. And then they are sold because the Superman hypothesis is just a catchy elevator pitch that sounds better than the shit they're actually interested in, the prospects of shady stealing of military secrets from foreign hostile nations and using metahumans as weapons, etc.

>Suicide squad doesn't respect women
It kinda does. Waller is in the ultimate position of power and Harley is partners in crime with the joker.

Can you link me your patreon? I would like to show how sorry I am by becoming your patron.

Are you an idiot or pretending to be stupid? Because the squads anti superman weapon was Enchantress, if Waller could keep her under control then she would have something to use against the more powerful metahumans.

She was too powerful of an asset to destroy, I'm betting Waller thought she could reign Enchantress back in before she got the ol' fisherman's wife treatment

>a guy who can throw boomerangs super well
That kind of character beat Superman in Batman v Superman.

But Harley and Enchantress aren't wearing burqas. That means their objectifying women obviously.