Cow tools

what did he mean by this?

This should be bannable like ayn rand is on /lit/

Larson has explained this joke to death.

the joke is cow tools. its wacky to think cattle could craft or use tools and this is Larson's representation of that idea.

i think most peole intantly get this joke and then dissmis it for being to simple, like there has to be another explanation but no. its just cow tools.

What the fuck is this is supposed to mean?

But cow tools is different! Cow tools adheres more to logic than Rand ever has.

Cows don't have tools! They're not as intelligent as people and don't have digits they can manipulate tools with! They don't even have a need for tools, they just eat grass and shit all day!

it's based on an observation of prehistoric tools used by either early humans or guys like neanderthals. Many of these 'tools' were chunks of flint that they kept around for knapping blades off of, starting fires, or cutting things. Since stuff like wooden tools or cloth doesn't survive the ages you don't see all the other shit they used just the hunks of rock that were either used in other processes or things that had obvious uses like knives.

the joke is Larson saw an exzhibit of this shit, made cowtools, but messed up and made one of the tools too recognizable so everyone focused on trying to figure out what the other tools are rather than just accepting the absurdity.

This is not difficult and should be obvious to anyone who is not a circumcised, american-schooled 14-year old.

The cover popping meant that she already popped her cherry.

Why is this the only Far Side discussion Sup Forums sees?

because memes

There's literally nothing else about it to discuss.

I really wish newspaper dailies had a bigger following on Sup Forums besides the ironic Heathcliff threads.

>ironic

Is this comic kino?

>larson is hailed as one of the best comic artists in history
>this is his best comic

why?

Do you really want Reply All threads, user?

>This is an actual comic that runs in actual newspapers

>>larson is hailed as one of the best comic artists in history
>>this is his best comic
>why?

Thirty-four years after he drew it, people STILL talk about it.

That's why.

Well, if you weren't alive before the internet was commonplace in everyone's home, you really don't have the frame of reference to understand why there are cartoons in the newspaper. Which I could argue excludes you from liking anything from daily newspaper cartoons.
Honestly, there are painfully few cartoons from the newspaper that are worth an ounce of catshit. Calvin & Hobbes, The Farside, and Get fuzzy are my favorites. Just embodies the 90's sense of humor to me, I guess. Some people like dilbert, but I always thought it was a cartoon for wankers, and was rarely funny.

The good news is since you youngsters do have the internet, you don't have to look to the daily paper for some humor. And you don't have to give a shit about those old cartoons anyway.

It's amazing to think of now but at the time people bought newspaper subscriptions just so they could read Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes everyday, that's how powerful those 2 comic strips were

This comic is insufferable.

Fuck you, and fuck /lit/ if it bans book discussion for whatever reason.
It's the digital equivalent of the Index Librorum Prohibitorum.