How would you fix it?

How would you fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ktcl
youtu.be/ePoxmPMwJNQ?t=7m25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Recast Flagg as Gilbert Godfried and Deadshot as Chris Tucker.

Just watch Ayers original cut.

Also replace Kinnamin with Tom Hardy and get rid of Enchantress' weird belly dancing form and ring in the sky plot

Cut Joker. Cut Katana. Give Harley and Deadshot less focus, and bring Croc, Diablo and Boomerang's focus up to match. Less music video scenes.

have harley side with enchantress as a payoff for the joker subplot

Cut even more joker scenes
Stop reminding the audience they are the bad guys every 5 minutes
Fix the cgi
Have a thought out storyline from start to finish

Change the mission from magic doomsday with a light in the sky to something more black ops. It can still involve Enchantress and June Moon, but frame it like a fanatical cult instead of rampaging monsters in the middle of down town.

Give the other characters more screen time and banter, cut down Harley and Deadshot's screen time, refocus to make it a proper ensemble.

Kill all of Rick Flag's soldier buddies, as well as Killer Croc, to raise the bodycount a bit more. Have June die at the end, Suicide Squad shouldn't have a completely happy ending.

Extrapolate on Katana a bit more, establish her friendship with Rick better. It has potential, they just didn't tap into it.

Less pop music and better editing.

>Cut Katana
>Make Croc relevant or cut him
>Make Croc a decent size and not only just bigger than Deadshot
>Completely change the Joker: actually insane instead of just impulsive gangster, no tattoos, doesn't really love Harley etc.
>Focus more on Boomer, he felt almost irrelevant for most of the film
>Recast Enchantress, Cara Delevingne was servicable at best
>No big portal bullshit in the sky that is a justice league tier threat

have Joker be the main bad guy.
Like he is going to release a Joker Gas bomb on the city

Make it a story about the Suicide Squad going out of country to stop The Joker from selling a nuke to some country like where Black Adam is.

-Squad has been up an running for 6 months at the start of the movie

-we still see deadshot get captured by bats. He is brought to belle reve along with Boomer and Slipknot as new recruits

- Joker gets involved with the enchantress storyline. Works with her to destroy the world or whatever. Give Harley a moment to choose between joker and the squad

Beyond that the essentials are all there. Better editing and lose the crammed in pop songs obviously.

Honestly, its a page one rewrite. The basic plot makes no sense and the characters are incredibly flat short of Harley Quinn.

And seriously, if the whole idea is to take down Superman level threats, then fuck me, get some actual fucking metas on the team that can do some damage.

this movie would have been better if joker were the focus as the villain and harley had to choose between helping the squad and not getting her head blown off and helping her puddin, lowering the stakes and thereby giving people like harley and captain boomerang to be there. Hell Joker could have unlocked Incubus and taken control because he's JUST THAT CRAZY and the beats could have been exactly the same, except that instead enchantress loses it for a few seconds and goes against the good guys, but gets put in her place and june moon has to continue being part of the squad. Joker could "die" and we can have an obvious nod that he's not dead in the end to parallel BvS

In fact I don't see the suicide squad getting formed to beat superman style threats, but i do see them getting together

>Remove the end of the world plot arc and just stick with witch-zombies and a big bad that has an outwards spreading infection.

>Have an act 2 with a different mission (e.g. prevent Black Manta from smuggling Atlantean artifacts) to help flesh out the team.

>Kill off Flag, have Deadshot lead the team into act 3 (Waller promises to support his daughter)

>Boomerang doesn't come back when he walks out of the bar, he can randomly show up in Flash.

>Remove Waller being in the City, I don't know why she needed to be there.

>Kill off June Moon

For a suicide squad movie, only 2 very predictable deaths was a bit meh.

>Joker gets involved with the enchantress storyline. Works with her to destroy the world or whatever.
Sounds fucking awful lol

Stop making changes in reaction to plebs. They did it in BvS to address all the destruction and they did it in SS by having exposition to explain everything cause plebs couldn't understand BvS. You have to just let the director create their vision, you can't try to alter it to please the plebs because plebs will be plebs will be plebs.

>They did it in BvS to address all the destruction
That actually was one of the nicer parts of BvS. Bruce Wayne running around in the rubble and getting PTSD.

It was unnecessary though. I liked how it tied it all together but they need to stop retroactively apologizing for shit people didn't like cause it's making their movies much worse. Like all the exposition in SS was ridiculous and you know it was in response to so many people not understanding BvS.

same

Recast Flag and Joker. Drop Katana and Croc to give Boomer more time. Have the start go in a more linear fashion and maybe tone down the Enchantress threat so that it isn't world ending

I honestly feel sorry for the cast because I feel like Smith, Robbie, Hernandez, Courtney and Davis all put in great performances and I hope we see them again.

I don't think it was unnecessary. They used it in a way that progressed the in universe story and naturally introduced a new foe.

>Give the Joker something to do that's not rescue Harley or just not have him in it
>Cut the all the stupid music
>Cut either Katana or Eastwood and the 20 seals
>Introduce the characters (including Slipknot) as they were intended and not some weird Waller reading from a file scene
>Actually show the team bonding, more stuff like the bar scene
>Make the mission something more covert and not a world ending threat

So basically just start from scratch.

More rock-throwing by Killer Croc.

streamable.com/ktcl

But why would you want a villain people have heard of when you can have iconic comic book villain BROTHER?

Also, this would mean Harley would have a reason for being involved in the team, which would throw off the film's expertly crafted, motivationless, irrational void.

Less presentations, have a consistent mood, may be a little montage of various small missions so the bond they develop be more credible, more moments between the characters, no joker, got the main mission be something less extrahuman and more like a swat mission

get some metahumans???? They got a crazy bitch with a bat, silly user, that's more than enough

Make Joker the main villain so THIS doesn't become such an obvious and glaring flaw.
youtu.be/ePoxmPMwJNQ?t=7m25s

First off, R-rating. That way, they're not mowing down mobs of faceless demon-things, but actual people. That way, we can have a fanatical cult like this guy suggested.
Cut Katana. She serves no purpose in the story.
Make Slipknots death more meaningful. Show how important his skills would've been, and how much they lost by his death.
Boomer, Diablo, and Croc get more screentime.
More scenes of them, like in the bar. I want to see the squad banter. Mostly want to see Boomer being a cunt

It was done really well and helped form a coherent narrative but I'm just saying that wasnt the case with SS. You didn't have to stop and explain what was going on constantly cause most moviegoers are brain dead in response to them not getting BvS.

give them an actual mission they would need a squad of villains before they go on the standard capemovie "kill the evil thing that's making a blue beam in the sky" mission. also make sure this mission actually makes sense for a guy with boomerangs and a girl with a baseball bat to go on

make the Joker more ominous and an actual threat, don't even show his face until at least the second act

have Enchantress actually be on the team and interact with them before she betrays them

this is a start, you still need solid dialogue, actual chemistry between both the characters and the cast, and an engaging plot