Heroes For Hire vol 1 Storytime (Part 3)

Welcome back Anons! Time for the 'bolts.

Last time, the Heroes for Hire invaded Lemuria to save an Eternal, and ended up fighting what seems to be half the Deviant population of Earth.

You're really early today, user. Nice.

Huh, oddly generous of the villain.

And White Tiger dropping her origin with the subtly of a cartoon anvil.

Well I missed last night, and JSAnon is still MIA, so I figured "why not?"

I can't see ANY problems with keeping the Super-Adaptaoid instead of destroying the fucking thing immediately.

Meet Cassie Lang: the future Stature of the Young Avengers.

Remember when the Thunderbolts were GOOD?
Don't worry, in a month of two we'll get to read good Thunderbolts.

Where's Zemo nowadays, btw?

This issue will be half made of characters unintentionally insulting the various Thunderbolt members, and I love it.

Spencer has been writing him in Captain America. Sadly he's been written as a joke lately, so Spencer can wank Skull.

>"It's doing be as Goliath!"

Huh, this could go badly for the Bolts.

Oh yeah, Fixer/Techno died early on in Thunderbolts, but he hijacked a robot body for himself. I THINK he got his normal body back when they went to Counter-Earth when he bodyjacked his counterpart, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Pitty.

Really, really I hope they undo the whole mess somehow. Even if I'm starting to like the idea about Hydra Cap i he somehow ends backfiring Red Skull plan.

I don't read cap, but I'm still aware of the general picture about what's going on (basically, I'm spoiling myself, yes, because I'm a masochist).

I've heard rumors that he's setting up Zemo at his lowest point so that he can have a "wtf am I doing?" moment and then come back as an anti-hero like he did during the middle-point of Thunderbolts.
If he actually WILL do that, it would work (especially since I've been wanting Zemo as Superior Captain America for months), but I'm losing trust in Spencer writing anything but comedies anymore.

But OP, it looks as though you've posted a page from the TBolts' current ongoing

Hahaha

Shouldn't have laughed. Now I feel awful.

No, this is the anime-esque 90's that the Thunderbolts was ACTUALLY drawn in. Modern Thunderbolts is written by someone who was told "it was drawn in the 90's" and decided it must've been drawn by Liefield.

>comparing Ferry to that wannabe Liefeld
I will literally (LITERALLY) murder you

>Songbird wants the Black Knight's Sword
>Luke and Erik teaming up

I can't decide which would be better to comment on, they're both good for different reasons!

It always saddens me that books that could be good like Bolts and Spider-Man 2099 get shitty artists, while Bendis consistently gets some of the best that Marvel has.
Does he know where Alonso hid those prostitute corpses or something?

That could be interesting to read. But it's had to pull something like that the right way. Requires certain skill and proper building, which is something you cannot achieve in a few issues, in my opinion. Under you're really, really good at compressing the narrative, making the most of every panel.

In my opinion, at least. We will see.

This dynamic is played a lot more during Busiek's Thunderbolts. Zemo is charasmatic and a good planner, but he doesn't adapt well and he wants people to do what he says to the letter. Moonstone, on the other hand, is manipulative enough to get other people to WANT to do what she wants, and also has improvisation skilks out the fucking ass.

Man, you better HOPE this plan works, because otherwise he's all of you at once.

Like I said, that's what he SAYS he'll do, but I don't think he can write things that aren't comedies anymore.

>giving Zemo orders

Oh, just imagine how angry he'll be next page..

Huh, I expected him to be a lot angrier.

>"By the way, is [White Tiger] related to the White Tiger who hung out with Spider-Man back in the '70's?"

Unless someone in his family fucked a tiger, I doubt it.

RIP

Time to see what Iron Fist's secret is!

I BELIEVE!

>Under
Unless. I slipped my English.

I'm liking Uncanny Avengers art, if it helps. It's well done, dynamic and expressive, and colorist is doing a nice work too.

I apologize for this double-spread being shit, but I did this myself and I suck at it. I don't intend to run the entire Quicksilver series, but we WILL be crossing over with it later on...

>I'm liking Uncanny Avengers art, if it helps. It's well done, dynamic and expressive, and colorist is doing a nice work too.

It got better later on, but that first issue was ass. It was so bad that I seriously believe the idea that the artist just got his hands fucked up.

So has this guy appeared recently? Maybe he'll be the villain in the next X-Men movie since they did all the famous guys.

>Jeryn is retiring

Remember this, Anons.

So they're getting a lawyer, and it's a team-book. Who could it be?

SHE-HULK
H
E
-
H
U
L
K

So yeah, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four are back now.

They're doing Mr. Sinister next. Then (I'm assuming) Shi'ar and Dark Phoenix

You know, you could've started with the whole "She's married to another man." The whole "I am your lady" thing just seems creepy.

Fuck, I always forget Sinister. And if they're REALLY out of ideas they can always do Onslaught.

I feel like this page would trigger people if it were released today, but Eshu is generally relaxed about it as long as you aren't outright disobeying him that I don't really mind it.

Was this during the time when the Punisher was litterally killing angels and shit?

Stegman distorted the bodies too much, yep. But as you said, it got better. And now we have Larraz, who has made me totally burn for Pym and Rogue.

Or maybe that flowery language is just a coincidence. That's always possible.

I always like it when Luke takes hilariously small amounts of money for doing a job for a kid. Somehow it never gets old.

When was this released, 96, 97? Because if so no, since Angel-Punisher is from 98.

If you know anything about Jim Hammond, here's Namor asking the question you've probably been wondering.

Songbird and Citizen V are on Marvel's facebook poll for a Marvel Legends figure to be released in 2018. Melissa is winning by about 200 votes

OTP
T
P

You'll notice that I frequently suggest that Danny's an idiot, mostly when he makes a plan. You'll see this isn't something unfounded.

Seriously just listen to this plan, and remember what kind of man Yu-Ti is. This isn't exactly something that wouldn't be obvious, since he was literally modeled after a Golden Age villain.

>Zemo just had a Super Adaptoid sitting around
Come on, he should have used it when his cover was blown.

Ah, I do too user.

Danny, I say this with complete sincerity. Merging Earth and K'un Lun so it can be ruled by Yu-Ti, "The Asshole Personage in Dickbaggery" is literally the stupidest idea you have ever had.

This issue was early 1998.

But it's part of the fun.

Zemo blew their cover on purpose because he could tell the Thunderbolts were getting serious about being heroes.

All right anons, give me a moment before we move on.

Purgatory started in late 98, so nope.

Oh, also you could tell he was Angel-Punisher because
1. He didn't have a beard
2. He had a mark on his forehead
3. He had "angelic" weapons (not making this shit up)

And I'm back

This vaguely looks like bondage gear.

Dude, if you're a telepath, you probably don't need to announce that.

Don't fuck with an Eternal, man...

Huh, so maybe this is why we don't have Eternals vs. X-Men. Because the Eternals would win easily.

We don't have Eternals vs. X-Men because no one at Marvel cares about the Eternals. Bunch of tasteless faggots.

So is his face ACTUALLY red, or is this just a mask, like the Red Skull?

Sersi, IIRC, is Thor-Class and Makkari is one of the few speedsters who can outrun Post-Crisis Wally "Outrun Death" West.

His skin is red, yes.

>"Luke has not responded to any calls."
>"He's probably off with the Avengers too."
>"Cage was never part of he Avengers, Mr. Hammond, he was part of the Fantastic Four."

Somewhere a younger Bendis sees this page and goes "Luke in the Avengers, huh?"

Ten years ago we would've said the same thing about the Inhumans. Never underestimate how somebody can fuck up a good idea.

And while looking her up, apparently she was in that double-page spread of people Bendis says aren't cool enough to be in the New Avengers, along with Machine Man, D-Man, Nighthawk, and Tigra.

I never liked the Inhumans. Worst Kirby creation by far, and yes, I am counting stuff like Captain Victory

Welp I guess we know how Danny got involved in the case.

Wasn't Hammond an Avenger too?

I've always enjoyed Sersi. Maybe it was the way she rocked that Avengers Jacket.

But seriously, she could womp a good chunk of the Avengers that didn't have Sentry on them.

Remember Anons, Luke's skin is tough, but he still feels the bullets.

West Coast Avenger.

Luke is 300 pounds, what could POSSIBLY be heading Frank's way that bullets would damage?

Is that enough that they wouldn't invite him to that first issue "calling all Avengers" meeting? Shit, they invited Spider-Man!

Spoilers: Bendis has shit taste in Avengers.

He also bought into Byrne's "Vision is just a glorified toaster and doesn't belong with a real woman" propaganda

>Danny solves the entire conflict so he doesn't have to fight his bro.

And while he was at it, ruined Wanda for nearly a decade too.

>"He better be prepared to kill..."

I feel like that kick shouldn't have much power, since he can't pivot enough to throw his body weight behind them both.

>the others have stock angry face
>Luke is smiling because none of them could hurt him

>"I thought we agreed, no killing!"
>"You agreed, I didn't."

Damn it Frank...

Man, imagine reading the Punisher and having to follow all of these cape books to find out what the fuck happened.

Yes he does. I mean everyone has been a goddamn Avenger now. I get the appeal: Marvel's best......but something about Daredevil, Cage, Logan & Danny being former Avengers seems off. Spidey was a reserve Avenger for a long while until New Avengers.

To fans of Duggan, it turns out Deadpool actually DID join the Heroes for Hire. Just, later than his flashback implied.

This page always makes me giggle, and it isn't even a good joke!

Luke should have warned Danny about Frank, from his team up with Punigga.

>Marvel's best
The Avengers were never "Marvel's best" before Bendis and the movie though.