Wonder Woman

Hey, you.

Yeah you.

You should read this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRCWbFFRpnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not important now, DC rebooted.

This first issue is really something special, especially if you're a fan of mythology.

Who gives a shit?

DC, and that's really the only people who matter.

This is all based on very classic imagery, which is how I like my Greek gods.

I feel sorry for you if you're unable to enjoy anything not currently canon.

Rebirth might make it canon again, already directly mentioned in one of the issues at least

It won't make THIS canon, but this version of the origin is definitely coming back.

Still, the story is what's important.

I liked the Greek mythology parts, but as soon as it hit the present I thought it suffered too much from Bronze age stinted dialogue.

>I will explicitly state what I'm feeling!

I feel sorry for DC that they felt that they had to do that. Also, I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, I'm just saying it no longer matters. WW's character is no longer this, it's whatever DC says it is now. I don't know what it is now, because I no longer care about DC. By all means keep posting, this is good stuff.

wew

Rucka's bringing back her characterization established here. And someone finally got Johns to read this and he's pushes it more.

It's not that bad, the mid 1980's was where writers were really getting away from that.

I love this era the most because it has less redundant dialogue, but it's not replaced with narration boxes everywhere.

Action can speak for itself, and the characters can converse fairly naturally.

For example, this, Captain Atom, the Man of Steel, Batman Year One, JLI, Suicide Squad, etc. This is where comics hit the ideal balance, IMO.

That's good, I guess. But they rebooted an entire comic line that has been going on for seventy-odd years. For no reason.

Huh? No, not really. Crisis already did that.

They did it for sales, numbnuts, everyone knows that. Besides, COIE rebooted their universe first, and Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis were soft reboots too.

>I love this era the most because it has less redundant dialogue
I agree, but while modern comics can definitely be too decompressed, comics in the 70s and 80s could very often have the opposite problem.

It stopped being an issue in the late 80s, you're right, but it was bad enough that reading through Gods and Monsters started to feel like a chore towards the end.

It's not like "that's just how people wrote back then," a lot of the best comics of all time came out around that time and hold up 100% today. I think there was just some bad habits left over from the 70s.

>I'm just saying it no longer matters
This is retarded. Are you also unable to enjoy Elseworlds because "they don't matter"?

I like this because it doesn't portray the Amazons as perfect goddesses, but it doesn't turn them into murder-happy assholes.

I've noticed it's different for everybody. There are some folks who just can't stand the pre-digital coloring art. When I lend out my comics I always warn the reader they might just not be able to enjoy it because of the feeling of being dated.

Also, Perez is very Tolkien-esque in his dialogue. Which is a nice way of saying "takes a lot of words to say very little".

This is a thread of peace and love, user.

I'm a massive Perez fanatic. His art is just absolutely perfect to me.

I will admit the first arcs where we get to Boston are a bit lame in comparison to this.

>Also, Perez is very Tolkien-esque in his dialogue. Which is a nice way of saying "takes a lot of words to say very little".

user, I have a shelf full of Tolkien. I read Tolkien. Tolkien is a favorite author of mine. Perez is no Tolkien.

>dat raped Hippolyta
Oh, I'm right here with you, OP

Well, yes. Tolkien definitely has more substance in his words, and they serve a purpose. I'm not sure who I'd compare Perez's writing to, I guess.

So, history lesson.

Steve Trevor was originally created as a stand-in for other macho war hero types. Specifically Captain America, who had debuted earlier that year to instant success.

The reason is that Marston wanted a character who was tough and heroic, but could also be frequently rescued by Wonder Woman. It was meant to teach kids that you could be submissive to a woman and still be manly.

Wonder Woman was created entirely as a propaganda piece for Marston's feminist beliefs. Like, not just something he made that his beliefs leaked into. She was literally created as a Trojan horse to teach kids his beliefs.

youtube.com/watch?v=NRCWbFFRpnY

Reading along in the omnibus.

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WONDER WOMAN

Thanks for the input.

Prove me wrong, fag
Nobody's even posting here

Maybe if you read, you would care.