youtube.com/watch?v=RD16oerX2CY
youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY
youtube.com/watch?v=D6LeL3s4Q80
youtube.com/watch?v=aXlPI2XSFrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw not canon

>ikr

Thank God Filoni didn't ruin Durge

Did he exist before the animated series or was that his first appearance?

IIRC, that was his first appearance, but they had him in comics like immediately after that episode because they liked him as a good CIS midboss for the EU.

you walk into the local cantina and this droid general slaps your gf's ass

what do ?

>H-hey, you can take my gf, general Grievous, sir. S-she likes the Modal Nodes. I hope you have fun w-with her. Not like I care at all.

Panic!

His movie appearance was very disappointing after this.

Genndy built him up way too much. He should've known how Lucas handles secondary villains.

>mfw the old jedi guy was still fighting against him at the beginning of season 2
>I have no face

CW 2003's biggest flaw and the reason it was retconned was the fact that it introduced Grievous way too late, right before the war ended basically.

Lucas Film/Disney couldn't work with that.

Granted, we almost had Sev'Rance Tann to compensate, but no other writers or animators ever played Galactic Battlegrounds.

>Then wouldn't it be spelled "Dirge", not "Durge"? It's not like you can't be named Dirge.

>yfw Anakin's line "you're shorter than I expected" was a dig at Genndy Grievous

Homophones, Dovahkiin

Durge just screams Rob Liefeld.

Easy way to spot a pleb, clone wars edition

Which do you prefer?

youtube.com/watch?v=jwMhX0iWUes

youtube.com/watch?v=RD16oerX2CY

I want Grievous to step on my face

YO

SORRY WERE LATE CT-78924 WANTED SOME DRINKS BEFORE A MISSION

As much as I like the presentation of the TCW premonition, I prefer the 2D scene instead because it's for our benefit, doesn't need to be retconned out of Anakin's mind and as such gets to retain its full impact, and tires in the natives just as much as Anakin himself. The TCW scene had to be deleted from Anakin's memory twice, making it feel pointless. But I don't hold it against anyone who prefers that scene.

No worries, lads. We're already done, just waiting for extraction. Thanks for bringing the gunship around.

>powerstance
Theres a reason Fordo was picked to be the captain and its not just for his dashing good looks.

One thing TCW and 2003 did great were the clones.

Though 2003 gave them crazier shit and made them operator as fuck.

>Fucking jousting on speeder bikes
>Sir the ships gone should we man the escape pods?
>Fuck it PREPARE TO BOARD
>THOUGH THE VACUUM OF SPACE

youtube.com/watch?v=THFxKwUrBYY

>That blue ass
So now with Thrawn back, does that mean Chiss are now canon?

You know it

>Chancellor Palpatine, I'm ARC.

Boss best clone. Loved everything about him, Temerua Morrison is an absolute pleasure.

Nice!

>tfw Delta are still cannon due to having a 15 second cameo in TCW
>Fordo was never brought up or shown in TCW

YOUR FUCKING OC GETS IN FILONI BUT NOT HIM

>Later, ARC-77 was awarded the Chancellor's Service Medal for his actions at the Battle of Hypori, but transferred the award posthumously to CT-43/002.

Man Fordo barely fucking spoke but hes a cool dude

At least he wasn't replaced by a "totally original not at all a rip-off" like Alpha was by Rex

That was just good old Lucas autism.

and speaking of Alpha anyone else pissed that we never got to find out what happened to him? Like this was before the Disney cannon shitstorm aswell they just never brought it up after that comic.

Of course. He's a professional.

>You dont get to bring droids
>they worked for the masked man
>Durge?
>GET THEM ON BOARD

I had this comic

It was pretty good If I recall correctly

Oh god I can hear Durge with Bain's voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=D6LeL3s4Q80

Hes probably in my top ten list for coolest star wars characters, and possibly from the expanded universe.

This guy was voiced by Daran Norris, aka Timmy's Dad aka the janitor from Ned's declassified school survival guide

Oh, yes, THIS comic. There was some real "horrors of war" shit in this comic. Anakin trudges along with a group of padawans for a while and they gradually all die. Naturally this makes Sheev nervous so he personally orders Anakin out of the combat zone, after which ALL the rest of them die in an extremely depressing fashion.

Also, Anakin force chokes one of his allies and the Republic basically loses the planet despite winning the battle. It was some Nam shit.

*BDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBD*

What happened? Didn't he get paralyzed by Grievous or Ventress?

He was, but the med-ship he was on was with Ventress who convinced the crew to go off into deep space, never to be seen again.

Taken into outer rim space by ventess

Genndy Wars is just so stylish. TCW almost got as stylish as Genndy Wars, but never quite reached the pinnacle.

great now every time i hear his voice i'm gonna think fairly odd parents lines

TCW had its own Genndy moments from time to time, especially in the sixth season and released story arc animatics.

I smell a new otp

>Mfw they had to throw this guy into a fucking star in order to finally kill him for good.

>All these clone characters getting into cartoons,comics, and video games
>Each one has a trait that you can recognize them for
>Meanwhile Cody has always made an appearance as that yellow clone with a jet pack
>but never gets expanded on like the other clones

If it makes you feel any better before that she strips down Alpha and tortures him.

Always would have been nice to see more of his friendship with Obi-wan the was hinted at in RotS but even TCW didn't have much of him in it.

There was some crazy shit in the old EU.

Some of it--even a lot of it--was awful.

But it could also be incredibly cool.

He's just supposed to be a regular Clone Trooper who's friends with Obi-Wan. Cody was also one of the first clones to be named in the SW universe.

Oh yeah, that happened.

>unreleased animatics
>my sides when Anakin's hair

"Anakin, it's time we had a talk... ABOUT YOUR HAIR! It's gone too far!"

I recall he was like one the first ever clones to have an official name and shit and he always makes appearances unlike new comers like Rex or Fordo plus he was one of the few named clones to show up in the movies like Gree.

On that note, why exactly couldn't Grievous look like this from the get-go?

>Alright boys our mission is to secure enough republic credits to make our episodes have actual animation

What I don't understand is why Sheev KNOWS that name. I really did not get the impression that Sheev would bother to learn the names of his mass-produced, totally obedient soldiers.

I wish Cody had shown even the slightest amount of hesitation before firing on Obi-wan

Its some complicated shit

In the Dark Horse comics ARCs trained commanders said commanders were clone troopers who showed "personality traits and thought for themselves" my guess Sheev wanted each commander to be buddy buddy with their jedi partners

This show was so fucking good.

At the time, the art team's goal wasn't aiming to make the show more anatomically correct at the time. So then they started taking cues from the old 2D series before adding their own elements onto them in the third season.

>General their is something in our heads they were placed in when we were made
>its something to do with the jedi but I am not sure what it is
>Well Fives this is a JEDI problem
>So why dont you talk to the chancellor about it

Im glad this bitch is dead

He's a cyborg. He can change arms.

He's a Commander. Direct second-in-command to a Legion's Jedi General. Knowing his name makes sense.

The funny thing is that she ISN'T. At least not canonically.

Shaak Ti has had, like, three or four deaths that got left on the cutting room floor. She was supposed to die in Episode III, but that got cut. She was supposed to die in the comics, but there wasn't time. She dies in The Force Unleashed, but that's no longer canon. Shaak Ti does not have a canon death because they've all been cut or retconned.

He probably has Cody on a Caller's ID or something.

Right next to Sixes no doubt.

>That Bad Batch Echo design

2 range finders looks so stupid yet makes to much sense

His entire body is different

and bodies

because he's a cyborg

Not him, but I don't see that at all. I'm retarded, please help.

>2d sketch looks good
>3d model looks like ass

really makes you think

Eh, kind of. He was introduced at the end of the first year, so he still had two years in which to do shit.
It's just that season 2 of clone wars didn't come out till just before RotS. The first episode of season 2 takes place right after season one, but episode 2 skips 2 years ahead after a quick montage, with the remaining episodes taking place just before RotS.
It was up to other writers (books, comics, video games) to do shit with Grevious in the mean time, but most had already started up their own stories with their own characters, and it would have been awkward to suddenly insert him. It was only a year or so before RotS came out that people started seeing the first shots of movie-Grevious, so the other writers had to put him in stuff because of demand.
This is why his personality changes across mediums in this time: in the cartoon, he's a silent but ruthless hunter, in the Novels he was a stuffy aristocratic general (who could still kick ass), and in the games he was a chess master rarely seen on the battlefield. The comics kept his clone wars personality but added a creepy fixation on torture and turning his captives into cyborg slaves.
Nobody had really any idea what Grevious's personality was supposed to be like, they just knew there was a demand for him so they wrote whatever they could with what little information they had.
Lucas not being involved in the EU and letting the writers have mostly are reign proved to be a double edge sword in this case. Had Lucas stepped in and giving some direction on Grevious, there probably wouldn't have been such a disparity between movie and EU.

>IMPROVEMENTS, I CHOSE THEM!

But season 2 of clone wars attempted to rectify this somewhat

>grievous nerfed by force crush
>dooku telling grievous to retreat when he's lost the fear element (obi-wan wasn't afraid of Grievous in ep. 3)

The writers of the old EU deserve to be showered in No Prizes for the way they managed to work with and around all of Lucas' stuff.

>luke, did I ever tell you about how big a slut your sister was

Forget Greivous being a new person in episode 3

Try having your favorite fucking Jedi Mace Windu be literally Bruce Lee Roy as a jedi taking down fucking armies and super weapons with his bare hands and has some lame ass fight in the movie.

Good ol Shaak Ti
IMMORTAL WAIFU

>implying this wasn't what the boy imagined he was seeing

She actually had two different deaths planned in episode 3, one of which made it into the lego game for some reason

Then in 2003 she was killed by Greivous in the last episode

Someone must really have a hardon for her since most of the time she gets her ass beat

bu putting the original aside, I did like the movie version in like TCW. I liked that they pushed all sorts of vampire tropes on Chris Lee's understudy.

She's to hot to die.

>After 2003 the Clone jousting battalion was cannon
>Fatalities were atleast 95% every time they were deployed

youtube.com/watch?v=aXlPI2XSFrc

Holy shit, comic sauce?

Were Aqua troopers gendys idea?

She literally wasn't. She was just tied up and raped.

Not sure, but it actually seems more like an idea from Hasbro since they came up with the idea for ARC Troopers in the first place.

Well, they didn't SHOW her rape, but Grievous clearly fucked her around a bit.

Speaking of, Clone Wars Shaak Ti is my favorite. Not only does she look like an actual alien rather than a human wearing prosthetics, she looks like an adorable antelope.

The cutest Jedi Master to ever grace the Temple.

She was only planned to be killed. They changed it at the last minute because Lucas said she was going to die in RotS, but that scene ended up being cut too.
In the show, she's just beaten and tied up and probably molested by Grevious while Sheev watches from the shadows..

>remember tentacles coming from grevious to "teach her a lesson"

why hasn't anyone exploited this ?

So was the lesson he learned here is that the real monsters are in the inside or something?

I seriously never got this when I was younger

Also native american blue dog women a cute

Except the deleted scene on the dvd showed Griebous kidnapping her and killing her on her ship...

which was, come to think of it, totally pointless