When does it start getting good?

When does it start getting good?

it doesn't

Season 1 is up there in the greatest shows ever made. There's one single scene in the entire 10 episodes that wasn't great, and it's where Littlefinger is conversing with two whores in his brothel and speaking like he forgot how acting works. If you weren't hooked by the first episode you should stop, and you also have shit taste.

On season 1
After that it just goes worse
Oh so much worse

season 1 was *good*

other than that your entire post is 100% certifiably reddit. got is one of the worst shows i've ever seen

I'm watching S1 now and it's just kinda boring.

I thought shit got interesting when Joffrey became King.

>being so mentally ill and deranged you believe calling things reddit is a point or an argument

it's like satire how dumb you are

when they get past the books, and start making episodes for television instead.

When its over next year and we can finally forget the abortion it turned into after season 3 when two cheap hacks tried to get creative and fucked grrm's work.

after episode 5 of season 1 was when i really go hooked. first 4 episodes are pretty boring, just setting things up.

when they kill the mc. good luck, op

for non-bookfags, s1e9

i started watching in season 4, skipped that boring shit

Did you understand what was going on?

So essentially when Joffrey takes the Iron Throne? Got it.

S1-S2 9/10
S3 8/10
S4 7/10
S5-6 6/10

Episode ∞

are you retarded?

is this the number of episodes that were shit per season?

If you do something with your life, pretty much anything at all, you'll stop defining your self-esteem according to how contrarian you are. It's never too late, neckbeard.

so yes?

It's so le edgy and cool and hip to hate on GoT isn't it guys?

It's good until Season 4 Episode 2. After that it's all garbage.

reported

We hate d&d not GoT

If you watched (and I mean "watched," not "had it on in the background while you did something else) the entire first episode, down to the last three seconds, and you were still like, "meh," then please leave this thread and go make a Hello Kitty thread somewhere else.

I mean, it took a few episodes and some summarization by friends but yeah totally fine

No, I believe I'm fairly well-educated

just being honest desu

D&D is GoT, bookfags worship "A Song of Ice and Fire" and also belong in /lit/

Is that from what is going to appear in a future book? This is the second season that is ahead of the book so that didn't happen yet.

I would honestly forgive 99% of D&D's other shenanigans if they had written Stannis Baratheon and Jaime Lannister more consistently and accurately to the books.

Also strong belwas

Meh, I don't care about the meme characters so much. Also not sad that Patchface didn't make the cut.

But if Jaime post S3 and Stannis in general had been better written, they could have gone down as some of the most legendary tv characters on par with Don Draper and Omar Little

>d&d is GoT
No d&d are kikes that destroyed the premise of a great show and idea (GoT) through bad writing and sjw feminist pandering

The first season is the best, if you don't like it then don't bother continuing. Also if you don't like the first season you have bad taste more generally.

episode 9

and don't believe the meme about season 1, season 2 3 and 4 are greater, s1 builds to them

It has its ups and downs. for every great scene like the red wedding or the battle of the bastards there's some boring ass bullshit with Sam the cuck and his ugly gf or Sansa bullshitting around kings landing. That and as the show progresses and gets more popular they start to pander to the dumbass reddit crowd more and more. I feel like as it's gone on the highs have gotten higher and the lows waaaay lower and I find myself watching just out of habit now rather than interest. Season 6 did have the return of the absolutely BASED brotherhood without banners though so at least there's that.

Where can I find more of these?

I'm not even mad, I just feel sorry for you

I always compare nu-GOT to watching SNL now. It works pretty well since you get 5-7 minutes with different major characters like how you get sketches on SNL. Most sketches are either poorly thought-out, or mediocre, or boring, but every once in a while there's a really entertaining sequence. So you keep watching, week after week, year after year, unsure when the "golden years" of the show were and if they ever truly existed

But you're praising and complaining about the same things in the show that most redditors do.

When you win the game.

End of the first episode

Seasons 1-4 are great: each features episodes that could plausibly be the show's very best.

5 is where the writing really takes a turn for the worst, especially in terms of dialogue and character inconsistencies. The cull of great actors and increased presence of more mediocre ones becomes noticeable. Dorne really is the nadir of the whole show.

6 is quite a big uptick from 5, though not without some cheap narrative shortcuts (the resolution to Arya's story in this season is almost as terrible as Dorne). The plot developments are exciting and the thematic content is richer than the previous season but nuanced character interactions are largely gone. The opening sequence to the final episode is the best the show has ever done.

Middle of season 1 but then drops off a cliff after season 3 when they didn't have the book to go off of

you would know wouldn't you?

I don't care about the faggot shit in this show but is there any possible way to just watch the ice guys story arc?

Man I miss old SNL the show is such trash nowadays

what killed westeros? DA ICE AGE

After S08E05

Season 1 is very good. In fact I think it's just about a perfect opening season of television. But it's also a shot-for-shot version of the books, there's little if any divergence at all from the books so there was little creative input needed from the creators in terms of storytelling. I think David and DB have absolutely fantastic vision as directors but they don't know how to write their own stories for jack fucking shit. They're like Sidney Lumet, who was a fantastic director because he had little input on the creative direction of his scripts, he was definitely a writer's director and these guys are much better at translating a writer's story to TV than creating one themselves. So as their input it in the show increased the show's quality predictably decreased.

Now they're on literally nothing but their creative input so it's unwatchable

never

I haven't even read the latest books but it's obvious the books could have covered this since it's not a single linear story from a single POV faggot.

SNL needs comedians who know how and want to play the straight man/woman. Phil Hartman was the master of this. Everybody on SNL since the Fallon days is trying to be the funny one. Most sketches need a straight man so the focal actor can ham it up.

pretty much this

this

The show only started to get shitty when its got close to the books since D&D decided to ruin it with their god awful screenwriting.After season 4 it went downhill

well articulated desu.

>Omar Little
>not Preston Broadus

Decent assessment except for the part where season 4 is great overall. It's watchable, but there's already plenty of cancerous meme shit like shirtless dual-wielding Ramsay and some dogs comically chasing off Yara's rescue party.

When you turn it off, stop watching, and purge it from your memory.

It went downhill when Sneks got introduced. Yeah some people thought it got weaker earlier but it never drastically had such ridiculous change until then.

>a rational opinion on Sup Forums without the use of buzzwords or memes

get the fuck out

Protip: It doesn't when your faggotry reaches your type of level. It just goes over your head otherwise. Best show ever made. Peace cocksucker.

The only people who still watch it are liberal feminist women who pretend to be into nerd culture and prove it by saying they read Harry Potter when they were kids and watch all the latest capeshit movies.

They are narcissistic energy vampires and think they are precious and rare beauties

>When does it start getting good?
any minute now

I didn't gate it a few seasons ago. It started growing only after season 5.l and hasn't stopped since.

i like the sex scenes