Polish Holocaust law threatens US and EU ties

Poland's president has signed a Holocaust gag law, widening rifts with the country's Western allies.

"It's important to protect the good name of Poland and the Polish people … so that we are not slandered as a state and as a nation," the president, Andrzej Duda, said in Warsaw on Tuesday (6 February).

"We have a right to our historical truth," he added.

The law says that "whoever publicly and contrary to the facts attributes to the Polish nation or to the Polish state responsibility or co-responsibility for the Nazi crimes committed by the German third reich … shall be liable to a fine or deprivation of liberty for up to three years".

The US, Poland's principle ally in Nato, led the rebukes following Duda's signature on Tuesday.

"The United States is disappointed that the president of Poland has signed legislation that … adversely affects freedom of speech and academic enquiry," US secretary of state Rex Tillerson said.

France's foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said Poland should not be "rewriting history". "We find this law unwelcome, we must not rewrite history, it's never very good," Le Drian warned Wednesday, adding he hoped Poles would choose a different path at the next elections, getting rid of "nationalist choices".

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=oSimrMbkR28
seafish.org/geardb/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SGELECTRA2013.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The United States is disappointed that the president of Poland has signed legislation that … adversely affects freedom of speech and academic enquiry
They can't be serious

>"The United States is disappointed that the president of Poland has signed legislation that … adversely affects freedom of speech and academic enquiry," US secretary of state Rex Tillerson said.
OHNONONONONO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Poland was supposed to become able to defend itself due to American help
>Poland instead starts to autistically screech at Israel, ruining any chance it had at getting American help
How can a land shoot itself in the foot this hard? It's like they're begging the Russians to invade them.

PiS foreign policy in a nutshell

How is paying trillions to Israel better than getting invaded by Ruskie? Hypotethical question.
Fuck off back to your Nazi antifa meetings before I'll fucking cave your skull in.

>>"The United States is disappointed that the president of Poland has signed legislation that … adversely affects freedom of speech and academic enquiry," US secretary of state Rex Tillerson said.
They apparently haven't read the bill in question because it has exemptions for precisely academic studies

Wow, tough guy on the internet! Help ;_;

You antifa faggots are no different than Nazis. Big mouths that need to get bashed.

Trips don't lie
Poland, I hope you ALL get shot and raped by the Russians

Don't come to Germany, you dirty Slav refugees

>"whoever publicly and contrary to the facts attributes to the Polish nation or to the Polish state responsibility or co-responsibility for the Nazi crimes committed by the German third reich … shall be liable to a fine or deprivation of liberty for up to three years".
>the Polish nation or to the Polish state
Exactly. No one denies personal responsibility of single collaborators. If you know someoen was collaborator, go on, find him and sue or something, but you aren't saying that it was collective polish nation decision, nor law or state order to exterminate anyone which could be basis for reparations. Get fucked greedy fucks.

Where can I expect an intervention from Based Germany?
Can't we unite Europe already
The warring states period has lasted far too long

>How is paying trillions to Israel better than getting invaded by Ruskie? Hypotethical question.
You guys aren't paying any reparations to Israel, attacking them over the Holochaust is just putting a wedge between you and Israel. Israel is the US's "greatest ally" and such if you mess with Israel you mess with the US. Poland's security comes from the US, none of the European NATO members will fight a war against Russia to protect Poland.

>PiS
That's an unfortunate abbreviation.

US also allows KKK rallies and has literal armed thugs roaming the streets during protests.

Though I do hope this law doesn't go too far.

>defending from defamation is now attacking
Go play the victim somewhere else, kike.

What I think, what you think and what's actually happening are all irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that Israel feels like it's getting attacked and that's enough for the US to come to its aid.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong but the timing is bad, Russia is on the move and Europe is more fragmented than ever before.

Why is the United States so fucking jewish

We are born of the Jew. Made men by the Jew. Undone by the Jew. - Donald Trump

no fucking way he said that

It's a joke, it's from a video game called bloodborne (change Jew to blood).

>The only thing that matters is that Israel feels like it's getting attacked
Merit over feelings. Besides Israel isn't above others. It's state like any other and shouldn't recieve special treatment.

>Russia is on the move
Like always. Doesn't change anything.

>Europe is more fragmented than ever before.
That's EU government fault. Shouldn't have forced barbarians on their own people and then demand countries who are either too shit welfare-wise to be attractive for said barbarians, or have too much common sense to agree on this bullshit to take this human waste as well to get dragged down as well.

oh kek
The sad part is that it was somewhat believable

hehe liberal media said to me duda is putin's agent. he invited nato troops to poland to spy on them and score their military readiness.

>sad part

5D chess

was't that ze gems that got RAPED all the time in the history_ XD

>XD
reddit.com/
this is the place where you belong to

>hurr durr can't criticize isreal or russia will get ya

Snow nigger.

What I'm saying is: if you're relying on the US to protect you from Russia, getting into a fight with Israel (the US's ally) isn't a smart move.

Daily reminder that our anti-defamation law was supported by Russian parliamentary majority party in a public statement of the deputy secretary of United Russia’s General Council, MP Sergey Zheleznyak as well as by Germany in a public statement of Germany's foreign affairs minister Sigmar Gabriel. If the USA tries to pressure us more in this matter, we always have a way out. No restitution of property for Jews. Poland is now preparing itself to make a commercial nationalisation of property worth 800 bln zl (250 bln dollar) to avoid giving anything to Jewish organisations of the Holocaust Industry, so new S.447 Congress bill won't include Poland

wow USA and France holocaust deniers now?

If the USA is ready to break alliance with us only because of our argument with Jews, it means that this alliance was worthless from the every beginning, and they would never help us in the hour of real danger.

POLISH DEATH CAMPS

*are
fuck I'm tired

>The United States is disappointed that the president of Poland has signed legislation that … adversely affects freedom of speech and academic enquiry

OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! MY MILITARY PARADES

If you want to know what this mess is all about, watch 8 minutes of this clip:

youtube.com/watch?v=oSimrMbkR28

what does this image mean to you

when will poland apologise for the polish death camps?

Never. Western capitalists steal from us money and people for decades. Now they even want to steal our history and honour. If that's so, we prefer to be in the same team with Russia and China than to turn this shithole into some kind of drain-baloon.

superpowers don't do alliances, only puppets

We are a puppet of the West now, so who cares. And stop using Chinese proxy, dumb troll.

its not a proxy, and how am i trolling?

Woh, I think Germany can take Silesia back in this case..

The usa only wanted your support so they could undermine Russian natural gas exports.

Germans are too weak to go into war. I would rather expect Russian army taking Kiev. By the way, this Holocaust-law also banned Ukrainian nazism called "banderism". I think that your government was pissed by it too.

>The usa only wanted your support so they could undermine Russian natural gas exports.

Using our territory for geopolitical games costs a lot of money. It is time for us to charge the USA for it or make them go away.

No war. USA just will say: Germany can take Silesia back. It's all. You can't do anything.
Or you really think Poland stronk, ha-ha.

You are stuck in previous century. Why would the USA want stronger Germany? And what would Germans need these territories at all?

Come here, I'll give you some food, you're starting to talk nonsense.

lebensraum for all the new germans

Germans die out in a fast speed, there is a lot of empty houses, especially in smaller towns and villages. Besides German government builds flats for refugees. I doubt that they would need more territory for such relocation.

The only thing i can't understand is how some remote shitskin country placed in Africa tells us what laws we can and can't make in our own country. That's something that i can't comprehend at all.

Our "rightwing" government policy is anti-russian only on the surface. Almost everything they do is on line with Kremlin will. It's not just weird, it's just scary.

>US soldier stationed in poland

No one is falling for it, Chad.

czy to czekolada?

>France's foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said Poland should not be "rewriting history". "We find this law unwelcome, we must not rewrite history, it's never very good," Le Drian warned Wednesday, adding he hoped Poles would choose a different path at the next elections, getting rid of "nationalist choices".
>leftist frogcuck triggered
hehehehe

id be okay with this

No American actually cares about this.

I only care about Poland's position on fishing policy.

Please don't let the EU ban electric pulse fishing. The scientific literature largely agrees that it is less harmful than the alternative method. This is protectionism desguised as green grandstanding.

seafish.org/geardb/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SGELECTRA2013.pdf

Na to wygląda, pewnie i tak chujowa.