Movie leaks and rumors

>rumored live action Dragon Ball Cinematic universe plans
>First movie skipping the pre-DBZ arcs Infavor of Super Saiyans and Frieza
>First movie end credit stinger will be Frieza smiling sinisterly from overhearing about the dragon balls over his scouter
>Goku will be based on Superman Goku from the original English dub
>Super saiyan legend will be reworked into Christ methaphor about the legendary super saiyan that will bring peace to the universe
>score will be a dubstep remix of bruce faulconer music
>Trilogy about saiyan saga, namek saga & cell saga
>Spin-off trilogies with Saiyaman, Dragon ball prequel trilogy, Alt-Future Trunks & Vegeta goes to space, Pride troopers
Not sure if this leak is true or not. Just a rumor so far. But Hollywood banking on live action anime being the next trend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Nu0RhRUqIE
youtu.be/aVrRfwK8f_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice RP OP.

That drawing is really bad. As for live action anime who know if that'll stick, animefans are super autistic about their medium and so far there hasn't been a lot of critical or financial success for live action anime. If there's no money then there's no reason for studios to pursue, look at vydia adaptations for an example.

>from the original English dub
dropped

GET OUT. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At first I wouldn't believe this, but now with the announcement of the one piece live action show, I'm not so sure.

What would a Hollywood Dragon ball movie even be like?

Bunch of green text LARPing faggot pulled directly from OP's retarded ass.

Same here. I would think that DBZ is too retarded and over the top to bring to live action, but then I remembered the Death Note and One Piece Netflix shit that's coming out. Now I'm honestly not convinced this is a complete lie. It probably is but they're retarded enough to try anything if they think people will see it.

DBZ is the most normie anime and a lot of people at least know its name so maybe. I just sure hope not. How long until a Gundam movie or a Naruto one?

You'd either get something like Dragonball Evolution, or something full of quips, with 30% of the cast replaced by non-Asian minorities, and directed by Michael Bay (so you'd end up with a lot Nappa/Vegeta vs military scenes and explosions).

Nice source faggot

All I want to know is what they intend to do for fight scenes, because in my opinion they're borderline unfilmable, which is a problem for a story which is ostensibly centered around fights. The characters and world are not really an issue, and beyond minor things like Goku's hair, it's perfectly feasible to try and bring all the color and appealing, rounded designs to live action and have it look good, but there's no way in hell you can make a person doing a kamehameha look like anything other than a some nerd doing a ridiculous pose and screaming, regardless of the filters you put on it or the amount of Korean animators you hire

>because in my opinion they're borderline unfilmable,
I used to say the same thing but Superman vs Zod in Man of Steel proved that over the top fight scenes can work.

Oh they've tried in the failed movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Nu0RhRUqIE

My guess is that if they give these movies another go then they'll go the route of making everything hard on the eyes and difficult to make sense out of, like Transformers.

Will Linkin Park in the soundtrack?

>Michael Bay (so you'd end up with a lot Nappa/Vegeta vs military scenes and explosions).
>Yamcha gets killed by a taliban fighter allying with frezia
>Z fighters struggles too hold off nappa until being added by U.S Navy seals

>Any Muslim
>Being a villain
>2017

Implying it wasn't North Korean pretending to muslims working for frezia?

Hollywood will probably make the Red Ribbon army a racist white supremacist Christian organization. youtu.be/aVrRfwK8f_s

>How long until a Gundam movie or a Naruto one?
I'm pretty sure Lionsgate making a naruto movie.

Starring John Boyega as Naruto of course.

Trilogy of movies. King Piccolo Saga, Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga. Adding elements from other sagas to keep it consistent with the show.

Try to be as faithful to the anime as possible. Age Goku up to be a bit more relatable in the Piccolo Saga, but no highschool bullshit. Maybe make him 17 or 18.

Puppetry and effects from the Jim Henson Creature Shop. Think a more modern looking Dark Crystal in terms of visuals with brighter colors.

Really attempt to replicate the feeling of Dragon Ball in live action. Keep the setting and tone as close to the original as possible.

Title them:
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball: The Frieza Saga

Cell saga in one movie?

Nah. End it at Freeza.

I love the cell saga, but narratively Piccolo, Saiyan, and Frieza all flow into each other very nicely. To adapt the Cell saga would require you to introduce the RR Army, etc. Honestly watch the DB arcs, they really do feel like a trilogy until Cell which feels pretty disconnected to what happens up until that point