CLOAK & DAGGER TV Series Is A 'YA Love Story'

>During Marvel's own TCA event, Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb spoke about one series that isn't on a network that Marvel's worked with in the past (like ABC or Netflix). Surprisingly, "Cloak and Dagger" was greenlit by Freeform in April, expanding Marvel's potential reach to another network.

>“It’s a love story that happens to have characters that have always traditionally been in that age group,” said Loeb, as reported by SlashFilm. “It’s not like we took something and made it into a YA. It speaks to a YA audience and is a YA property. Would I do 'Punisher' on Freeform? I don’t think that’s going to connect the same way.”

>"Cloak and Dagger" will center on Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, teenagers from different backgrounds who grapple with newly acquired superpowers -- Tandy can emit daggers of light, while Tyrone can engulf others in darkness -- even as they fall in love.

comicbookresources.com/article/jeph-loeb-reveals-why-cloak-dagger-landed-freeform

Does this mean Tandy and Ty will finally hook up in the comics, because of synergy?

>Cloak and Dagger have been teen for over thirty years

Even Danny aged 14 years from his first appearance. Aren't they early twenties, now?

They hooked up in ultimate marvel

>YA Love Story
literally the worst possible genre

burn it down
brother and sister is best version of them

this thing is still happening? I thought it was just a fantasy or some shit like it.

>CW
>Young Adult romance

People are surprised by this? That's what the channel was founded on.

I'm ok with that and I don't see what the big deal is.

They're completely right. Cloak and Dagger is the perfect comic book property to make into a YA love story. Especially one that also heavily touches upon drug abuse/addiction.

Cloak and Dagger was essentially made to be everything that Sup Forums hates.

It's not on CW

Its freeform

Literately Tumblr: the channel

the CW isn't any better

I have literally never heard about that channel, what else is on it?

Is that supposed to be ABC Family or something?

The moment I saw that it was on Freeform I knew that this was going to happen. For the unaware: Freeform is basically the new CW, or at least what the CW used to be. Basically made up of teen dramas and reruns of Harry Potter movies.

Shadowhunters

Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, The Fosters, Stitchers, Shadowhunters. It used to be ABC Family and then they changed their name this year.

Pretty much. Freeform is basically a part of the "teen trio" with MTV and CW (the latter IS miles ahead of both now, but it's still mostly oriented to a teen/female audience).

Couldn't care less. Cloak and Dagger was never that great anyway, at least this way they'll guarantee themselves an audience.

Of course Marvel would just be one big cucked up shithole. Jeph Loeb really knows what he's doing.

>Matt Murdock can only kiss the girl
>Iron Man is divorced
>Thors girlfriend doesn't wanna do Marvel anymore
>Hulks is gone
>Captain Americas is dead

Meanwhile Luke Cage (Black) is fucking the shit out of Jessica Jones (White). Black Panther (Black) is pounding Black Widow (White).

And now this.

are you triggered you fucking faggot?

All you had to say was that it's ABC Family with a different name

>Luke Cage (Black) is fucking the shit out of Jessica Jones (White).
Ritter is Jewish faggot

>Black Panther (Black) is pounding Black Widow (White).
This did not happen

>replying to a tripfag
oh man, come on...

This bait is getting pretty stale, go back to Sup Forums, i'm sure they'll bite.

two newfags already bit tho.

Maybe their powers somehow fuck with their aging.

Rooney was trying to do company wars shit when DC does the same "cuck" shit

Widows only got eyes for the lean green hulking string-bean peen.

It's going to air on freeform so it might as well be.

Yes, they renamed to Freeform.

his name is literally tyrone

holy kek

marvel and disney love this shit.

Seriously? Even after Matt got to bang that hispanic nurse and fucked Electra a bunch of times. Isn't Thor going with raceswaped Valkyrie? Don't forget about black Liz Allen. Are these examples going to be ignored in every thread? I mean you made up that last example.

why would they bring that up it doesn't fit their "cuck" narrative

tripfag you know you cant bait with your trip on right? Fucking idiot

Bullshit, she is fucking slut and 90% of her character is about whos cock she wants now, in every single movie she appears.

>Even after Matt got to bang that hispanic nurse and fucked Electra a bunch of times. Isn't Thor going with raceswaped Valkyrie? Don't forget about black Liz Allen.

so you're saying that marvel also likes to White male and minority female interracial relationships, too?

yup but Sup Forums doesn't bitch about that

Freeform casts cuties

JEWS ARE WHITE. WAKE UP.

Dagger better be sexy

Freeform female leads are usually sexy so I don't expect anything less with Tandy

>YA Love Story
dropped

This actually sounds like the best way to go about Cloak & Dagger in my opinion. Doesn't mean I'll enjoy it, but then again I also don't really give a fuck about Cloak & Dagger anyway and I understand that certain characters aren't for me.

Holy shit. You really bought into the whole "cuckservative" meme hook, line, and sinker didn't you?

>Don't forget about black Liz Allen.
>Liz Allen

How can someone fuck this up so FUCKING much?!

Yes

Pretty sure he's talking about Spectacular Spider-Man but she was hispanic not black. Unless she's black in the new movie.

Not sure why you would think he meant Flash when he was talking about Marvel stuff

Is it true that Sup Forums had a nigger mod that has turned this place into a tumblr hug box?

NIGGERS RUIN EVERYTHING...

Soon it won't even have Harry Potter marathons, their contract ends in like 2 years and I'm pretty most of their revenue came from those constant marathons.

What if Cloak and Dagger becomes a lead-in to a Runaways series? Or is Marvel still pretending that they're making the movie?

Runaways is never happening

Aparently the dinosaur makes everyone nervous because of the cost.

Not necessarily. It would have happened regardless.

DEAD ON ARRIVAL
E
A
D

O
N

A
R
R
I
V
A
L

Freeform is a different beast entirely
You have no idea how weird their fandoms are
Shadowhunters and Stitchers fans are crazy
the channel literately is baptized by Tumblr

>ABC Family thinks it can hide from its stigma by rebranding
I'll bet you not even Agents of Shield will reference this show.

It was never a love story. They were always best buds that somehow never mutated into any cliche. But I guess executives saw white girl/black guy and assumed another they fug. There's probably a quota for black dudes banging white chicks so now it'll be that instead of what was a rather unique duo dynamic (lol). I'm pretty sure there's a lot of blacks rather tired of the mandingo trope, and race-swapped characters to fill a diversity quota (which doesn't ease racial tension or help minorities). Also, putting a used costume on a minority to say "look! ****Man is a black guy now. Hey SJW crowd, buy this for great justice!" feels like affirmative action. How about taking the effort to create an original character thats not white and make it awesome without another's legacy as a crutch. Goddamn I hate media.

just like the Netflix shows

AoS is the only canon one

AoS referenced Daredevil in a news report.

Specifically Punisher tearing up Hell's Kitchen during the introduction to the Anti-Mutant Liber... err, the "Watch Dogs" and their hate of the Inhumans. But if you notice the newspapers often enough at the newspaper in Daredevil, they often reference MCU events and AoS specific storylines as well. Cybertek (Deathlok) was one of them for being on trial.

thats not a bad thing

AoS is confirmed not canon.

Quite the opposite actually

I've never heard of any of those shows, except for Pretty Little Liars.

I watch this because Kat a cute.

Watch Dogs are reference to Watch Dogs from Captain America.

Literally Age of Ultron references to AoS.

they're full on adults in Runaways and Spider-Island