Joker concept art from Suicide Squad

>red lips
>big goofy smile
Then it's perfect

If the suit was purple this would look pretty good.

>sand shoes from New Look

Kek

"Meh, I'll just draw Crocodile from One Piece and write 'Joker' on him"

>Draw me like one of your French mimes

Its Ayers "aesthetic"

I liked Leto's Joker. I hope we see more of him

Honestly this is the look I would have gone with.

He would have been the most physically powerful Joker seen to date, and the best dressed.

>Vicki it's me Bruce! Somehow the Joker dyed my hair green!

Isnt that the antagonist from The Mask comic

Its such a shame they went with juggalo joker when they had a perfect concept ready to go.

i don't think leto would have done him justice, given that he is the best joker.

Apocalypse?

that thing has more in common with doflamingo than crocodile

Oh my god! Killgrave is back!

This is such obvious pandering to the edgy "nerd"/Hot Topic/scene kid/ crowd. I used to work at a mall store and these people would come in all the time. I know people that wear suits like that to formal events with all their piercings and tats and fuckboy hair showing with their slutty girlfriends in cheap dresses and they'd complain about how "swag is for boys," and it's the definition of cringe.

All they had to do was put the guy in a purple suit and dye his hair green. That's it. That's a Joker costume. This shit makes Ledger look classy and refined.

Tattooed hands?
Sure, I can see it. Especially if you made it intricate and colorful, like something from "The Batman's" Joker. Buncha twisty, crazy purple patterns. It'd at least look classier than having a tattoo across his fucking forehead.

So his design was doomed from the start.

I dunno, I'm still seeing Crocodile. I mean yeah, Doflamingo doesn't wear a shirt but other than that I'm not seeing it.

This is mostly awful.

I really want to see Killer Croc and Enchantress concepts.

I feel bad for anyone that considers this a good Joker.

Come on, that's just Macklemore.

Oh look, it's Macklemore

This was back when they weren't sure they wanted the Joker at all, because they thought they were getting Bane Hardy at the time and didn't want to overshadow that, so they developed this mong instead by messing around with the hue sliders on a Goodfellas poster

This was when the studio said "no, we want him to be a believable Joker" after Hardy was out, so after many notes it turned out that meant getting Heath Ledger back, but because nobody seemed to be aware that he'd died they just kind of fudged the nose and drew the famous scars really prominently, with a haircut that gently suggests some cunt or other like Justin Bieber, who was also mentioned in the same notes

This one was after a series of exchanges about Hardy leaving the project. "Can we include that big coat?" asked one executive, "it really gave Tom Hardy something to act off with his hands, making him much more expressive". Around this time the artists were sitting around scratching their heads about what the executives actually wanted, so they just wrote "JOKE" on his chest as prominently as possible, hoping that, as with Bane's coat, this would be an idea which would stick. After it was pointed out to the executives that they already had a coat acting in the movie and had simply replaced one appalling caricature with another to wear it, the coat was persona non grata and had many of its scenes cut

This is just a drawing of Jack Nicholson as the Joker in 1989s Batman movie holding Harley Quinn prototype Alicia Hunt ("I'll lick ya cunt") in a typical scenery-chewing moment that the artist did as a teenager for his portfolio

"What if he didn't start out with the scars, and we could show how he got them, because he never actually revealed that last time" said one bewildered executive

"Draw him like Jack Nicholson, but you know, the young hot one who should have played him, not the fat dude"; this was knocked out in minutes over lunch

Donflamingo?

I mean in a lot of ways, it would be the direct opposite of Ledger-Joker.

Absurdly buff but also well-dressed.

>Macklemind

Half of this is giggle worthy and the other half is yeah I could totally believe the executives behaving this way.

Since when is Joker THAT kid

>YOU DON'T GET IT MOM, THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM

Remember when we thought the tats were just a peculiar homage to Joker's history/personaliyt that were just there for his anniversary? As i see here they must've been actually priority number 1. I mean, i warmed up to Leto's look eventually, but these are just parodical

Just got back from suicide squad. Is it just me or was every scene with joker awkward as fuck? The only lines he has are about harley (usually about fucking her). The rest of the time he's either breathing heavily or growling.

Because they cut basically all of his scenes.

Wow these are laughably bad. The final design is actually somewhat good compared to these. What the fuck were they smoking?

I get that these are concept pieces and I think and might have had some potential but it's weird how so few of these have him smiling.

He's the Joker. You should see what the designs look like with a big manic grin.

Smiling is for kids. DC makes adult films.

>Juggalo

Have you ever seen or been around one of those? Honest question.

>Juggalo
>cholo
He acted like none of these, in fact was closest to Azzerello Joker

To be fair most movie/cartoons/comics go through a lot of wacky concepts before landing on a usable one

I don't like how weak the Joker looks in the film. Also they should have made Leto's hair look like it's receeding.

They also should have had him in the movie for more than a few minutes. He literally has no business being in the movie in the first place.

HONKA HONKA

Normally they begin with something similar to the source material and then slowly work their way away from it until they settle on a design. Here they've begun with something completely opposite from the source material and worked their way backwards towards the source material. It's a terrible design practice the whole thing just looks as though nobody involved in this really believed in the character or had any respect for the original comics at all.

I dunno man, he survived run ins with Batfleck. Can't be that frail

>Okay now, the Joker is supposed to be smiling. Try to smile.
>Nnngnnnn!
>Close enough.

Wow, I'm fucking speechless. Usually concept art shows a bunch of neat what-ifs and features some great art. Not only does this not do that, it somehow manages to be worse than the shitheap we got.

That looks pretty rad

I can't stop seeing Marylin Manson.

But yeah I don't think it's too bad, apart from the 'damaged' tattoo. That's still fucking retarded.

Leto Joker is Zef as fuck.

But why no manic grin?

Smiling is unrealistic. When's the last time you saw a smile that wasn't in one of those funny books with the pictures? That's what I thought.

He smiled more than Ledger's did. Actually Ledger Joker didn't act like the Joker at all either really.

Meh, never liked Ledger's Joker either. Wasn't a huge fan of the Nolan movies at all come to think of it.

I honestly believe all the facebook people spouting over and over those 2deep4you "agent of chaos" mantras and stuff made everyone forget about all the shit Ledger actually did in the movie

His Joker has incredibly shitty dialogue, but man did he act the hell out of it.

I'm not seeing it.

I do see Tyler Durden with tattoos from Fight Club though.

>Donflamingo Joker

You know what? I would have actually dug that.

GORDON!