Can we still talk about yesterday star vs?

can we still talk about yesterday star vs?

Other urls found in this thread:

yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php
mega.nz/#F!EkJjmbSK!HFRXqoTP7nMX5RSG33BQyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FQmAzFEDrbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How did this show have consistent weekend threads for many months, but they hardly have a thread to discuss the show when it's airing?

Sure as long as we don't post lewd art of Mina Loveberry.

No, only Steven Universe.

is there a mega link?

What are you doing son !? This show is prohibited by the mods Iron fist rules, even if they aren't in the actual Sup Forums rules, everyone knows that they don't allow this show.

Because generalfags don't care about the show. Just the fandom.

Are the generals banned? Good riddance I guess if so. They were still just discussing the background female characters and running the threads on fanfics with them.

Isn't it the same with /sug/ and the other generals?

It's exactly the same.

but we have like 3 SU generals every day

Only seen that with Star Vs. And The Loud House.

With the Loud House it's more expected because the show is episodic.

yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php

Latest episode: mega.nz/#F!EkJjmbSK!HFRXqoTP7nMX5RSG33BQyQ

just watched it how many times did the King call Marco Star's boyfriend? 3? they're really ship baiting huh

this was the first time if i remenber.

next episode is the bullfrog one , i guess end in a cliffhanger.

Because mods think that to keep literally 5 SU threads simultaneously is ok, but that a single Star VS general with links is really untolerable.

The king apparently never knew about Tom. He thought Marco was the first boy she liked.

I like Mina, she's weirdly cute.
I really hope to see her often again.

As someone who really liked Starco in season 1, I have to say, it feels downright embarrassing in season 2 and none of the reasons I liked it are there.

Ok, this might ALSO be baiting in some small part, but I'm sure you guyse are exagerating.
Is it really the first time that you see adults saying some kid stuff like "aaaw tell me! Is she your girlfiend?"
A lot of time adults have fun assuming that two close kids of opposite sex are actually boyfriend and girlfriend.
My lacks in expressing my thoughts in your language aer pretty evident, but I hope that you've got my point.

Not a lot to talk about.

One episode was about a Sailor Moon parody turned Dragonball parody.
The other episode was about Star's dad showing how manly he is.

A Buff Frog centric episode sounds like something we could really use this season

Well the king was going crazy talking about how worthless he was saying she has Marco to take care of him

Diaz's are the coolest parents

Well, my plan of making generals and not calling them generals fell through. Any ideas?

Also I'm in the market for a van. Anybody got a van they're not using? Preferably as few windows as possible but I'll take anything because I don't have any damn money. Literally. No money. So if you didn't catch the implication, I can't pay for it, not with money at least. Could probably do favors for it though.

So how about that Star, huh? Pretty wacky!

Star's getting soft with all this 'doing it the Earth way' stuff. All hail Ludo our future ruler of the universe!

Starco wise Star and Marco still have a sweet chemistry going on. Considering how they seem to do everything together from having fun, to hanging outside a donut shop to dumpster dive for the day-old supply. That it was inevitable that 3rd parties would notice and point it out, so I don't mind it. Said third parties so far are people that would be fairly invested in such a thing, like River worrying about who'll look after his daughter, and Tom's efforts to 'get Star back'.

Mina was one of the more amusing new characters, though her situation seems kind sad once I thought too much about it. Is she even really a Mewman? Star didn't really elaborate on why she looked up to Mina beyond one warrior admiring a stronger/more accomplished one. I like how Mina seemed like she was going to be a nutty fraud up until that 'super form' and the conquest talk.(though still nutty) I like to think that Willoughby's presence helps leave a groundwork of otherdimensional beings living on Earth besides Star for one reason or another. (followed up by Mina living in that dumpster, mini-dimensions aside) Mr.Candy livens up the ECA faculty some more beyond Skullnick(not to say she isn't awesome) and Skeeves, especially since his dealings with Tom show that he's more than what he seems. I agree that hair-lady is one of the weaker one's but she served her purpose as a foil to Star's dragon delusion, as a force for convincing Star to return/stop running away. Or something like that. If it was someone familiar then 'never see your friends again' wouldn't have had as much weight.

>yfw Ludo encounters Buff Frog

>Any ideas?
Yeah. Kill yourself.

Disappointed with the lack of action in the first one, but democracy and America was pretty funny

The king really made up for the action though. Him getting a ride made me stop watching to laugh

These two episodes were the funniest in the whole series.
Fite me.

I agree they were funny and entertaining, that's all I really want out of it, the lore and plot stuff is just bonus for me.

Interesting, it seems like one of the tadpoles is pretty different from the others in having a tinier 'body' and larger eyes. The baby/runt of the brood/litter? This episode seems like it's going to be adorable, especially if the tadpoles end up picking favorites between Marco and Star depending on their styles. I'm hoping this particular 'adventure' won't be too isolated, I want to see other people reacting to the pair's 'parenting' skills. Mewni + Human = Tadpoles? pictures/stories when?

Those monsters in the background look really cool/visually appealing. One is holding a tree and the other an ax, maybe they're loggers or some kind shady deforestation group? Is BuffFrog gonna join them for some mercenary work? Or fight them off to defend the forest for some redemption arc stuff.(or again, mercenary stuff) Or maybe it's some fairly mundane job and/or job hunting to help insure his kids' futures. The ominous rats make me think that Ludo has probably gotten some new minions.

It sucked; Star is back as being retarded instead of someone that don't get Earth's customs.

You have described my opinion very precisely.
Also lorefags should chill, they sometimes ignore what I'm pretty sure is the main focus of the show: fun and weirdness, and get frustrated about minor aspects.
And let's be honest, I don't think plot and lore is the forte of this show, even though these aspects in my opinion have a charming and unique vibe.

Talking about plot, I sure hope that Mina is going to be very relevant to the story.
Star has always been kind of dumb, pal.

>Star has always been kind of dumb, pal
only in a few episodes she goes full retarded, mostly on S02. Normally she just doesn't know earth's customs. It's different.

Hell, in that latest episode she is going inside garbage. what the fuck.

She's never been flat out annoyingly retarded though.

Someone mentioned this last thread but notice how when it comes to Mina, she flat out ignores Marco despite Mina being clearly bent on craziness and domination. Meanwhile status didn't mean anything when Marco talked to Star about Pony Head.

It's a massive step back in terms of writing and just really bad for the Star-Marco dynamic too, which is one of the show's biggest strengths. Or was.

The fact the writers are beating the "Star is stupid" horse this dead is getting abysmally irritating.

>Hell, in that latest episode she is going inside garbage. what the fuck.
School Spirit, the kittycat offensive.
>Meanwhile status didn't mean anything when Marco talked to Star about Pony Head.
Yeah, but Star knows very well pony head, she knows that jealousy is part of her personality, she's probably seen it a lot of time. Plus, pony head is her friend, not an ideal: she is on her same plan, so she knows that she's a normal "person" like everybody (even though she's her best firend). Mina instead is some sort of guru figure to her, someone glorified she's grown looking up to: it's pretty normal to follow her lead, regardless of how weid her instructions might seem. She might just think she's not seeing the big picture yet.
You know the Karate Kid trainig trope, for example? If an experienced fighter tells you to train in a way, no matter how ridiculous that might be, it could actually teach you a lot.
Ok, I agree that probably doesn't often happen in real life, but Star is a silly dreamer and she tends to believe in something easily and persistently if it seems cool to her (see Magic Cookies). Plus this is not real life, it's a cartoon.

Thank for the picture assistance.
Also aw shit, I never noticed the "no diving" sign, this is awesome.

Is there any art of an older Star?

There are a few and I have none, also I can't find them right now.

I don't do fanart, so here's a picture of old Star.

I'm on it

Mina being Star's idol is still entirely beside the point when it boils down to a matter of trusted status.

Even then it's just annoying with what you've already established. And even ignoring those two points, the idea still does more harm than good

Bottom line is that yes, Star has always been dumb, but there's no denying she's lost her balance to those aspects and is completely overblowing it more than ever.

You could even say she's been starring it up all season.

I return!

Need I remind you that criticizing the show is not allowed in /sveg/? It's supposed to be a safe space where all opinions are welcome unless they are negative or potentially offensive to anybody.

Goes for me too. New season is awkwardly weird not cute interesting weird.

Please do not take up thread space by pretending to be someone else you have some petty vendetta against in a thread that also doesn't inherently require/call their presence, thanks.

But it's really me, your old pal Folly-Cola.

Besides there's plenty of room in here because we never hit the bump limit anyway

anyone notice the theme of everyone getting buff like they are preparing for something, especially when they are unexpectedly thrown into hostile environments ( survival of the fittest/ law of the jungle)?

the premises of Ludo in the wild seems to be the tone of the entrée season

Yeah and I'm Obama's long lost cousin.

Not quite, got the name wrong.

Like River going through mid life manly man bearded and muscular crisis and Marco still being weird about it? or sneaking off to hunt with the cover of throne posture?

Tom being able to completely kick Marcos ass, potentially take Star from him, and Marco being completely helpless

Let's talk about her instead

quads of truth

>have to hide a literal 8 Steven universe threads just to be able to find this one in the catalog

Fuck this board's shit mod staff

sure

These cuties are better; they've shown up TWICE.

Its going to be the same Like Dipper vs Manliness with Marco, except Marco is going to leaner it differently, and is slower at figuring it out

When there's doughnuts to be had, you need to be ready for a little sacrifice.

I liked that Clinton cameo.

Use the search and stop whining like a bitch

>Like River going through mid life manly man bearded and muscular crisis

I liked how he thought that getting hit by the geyser made him younger when all it did was scald him raw.

What's the consensus on Season 2 thus far?

>try to make it to the front door of your home
>a five story high pile of garbage has been dumped on your front lawn by incompetent waste management workers
>"Just climb over it and stop being a bitch"

its sucked shit.

That it's ok. A lot of people think it's total shit, and some people like it. In general most people just say it's all right so far, and not much else. IE, why /sveg/ is dead for now. SU at least has interesting things going for it right now

I think it needs more adventure, but the animation and writing have been more consistent all around when it comes to the gags and character development. The greater presence of music is most welcome.

Also, more fights would be nice.

This is not your home.

Seems mixed to negative honestly. More people were hoping that there would be more interdimensional adventures, more screentime for fan favorite secondary characters, and some stuff I'm forgetting. I've personally enjoyed S2 so far, but I don't mind the throwaway fun episodes.

I like Mina, she's Star without friends, broken inside but still not evil.

Buff Mina's design looks really nice tbqh

It's trying way too hard to be more than it is. That fucking Ludo episode, man.

Also it loses a shit ton of points for giving Star an undercut. Thank god it was just a 10 second gag.

I dunno, she did want to conquer Earth. Nice triples

People hyped it up way too hard and now they're upset

Well she know nothing about earth and humans, she thinks she in the world with angry mammoths and donuts.

Also literally mina

Agreed, she's quite intimidating, and I feel like the pointy ears are a nice touch. But it makes question whether or not she's actually mewman? I mean, the show didn't really confirm or deny it, and Star has been shown to enjoy stuff and people not from Mewni before.

Naw, I think she's just nuts. Crazy homeless lady traveling from dimension to dimension, bein' crazy and annoying the locals.

They are true love. That is so cute!

Ehh... It's so far okay. I really wished there weren't so much strange episodes which leave not that much discussion. My favorite episodes in the season are Mr. Candle Cares and Ludo in The Wild.

its a countering idea to what strength is

especialy for girls

consider the following

fucking loved it
I guess everyone read between the lines in this episode? I don't understand what they're talking about.

All of the above.

Do you seriously not know how to use search?

i liked it

people is disappointed because they are expecting lore like SU

there is still lore, but there are also deeper messages and foreshadowing setting up for it and S3

its great
pros
>rise in starco which will be followed by a fall
>ludo doing his thing
>humor still tight, rewatchable, and comfy
>literal sad frog posting

cons
>less ensemble magic school bus episodes
>jarco & jarco shippers on suicide watch
>(results in fan art still good but slowing)

*pump* mud-sisters

I want to talk about Mina being a broken war vet and it it can be inferred that Mewni uses child soldiers

mewni still has a divinity based monarchy user, dont judge them by your "earth standards"

>people is disappointed because they are expecting lore like SU

Are you high?

Requesting Mina and Star mud wrestling!

youtube.com/watch?v=FQmAzFEDrbk

>Mina being a broken war vet
this, i guess this is after monster wars

I bet she was like Star when she was younger, she just made a career out of it whereas Star is being setup to be Queen.

Some dialogue make it seem like she was part of a kids/mewni show

I'm not sure what people are seeing in this new season as so great that I'm just not. Even if I did have to endure one long as hell hiatus to get the second season, I always kept my expectations within reason. Even if it wasn't going to be as good as season 1, if it could still nail something I'd be happy. I don't even know what I should be looking forward to with this show anymore though.

I only really like Ludo in the Wild so far and that half an episode Ludo shared with Star. Wand to Wand I guess was okay but I think I flat out hated everything else. They're the bad parts of the first season collectively formed into their own episodes.

My big issue is that the show isn't doing anything worthwhile. If you didn't have episode promos and were to ask me what I was expecting in next week's episode, chances are I couldn't even fathom a decent guess because this show's lost any real sense of good formula. Even if it wasn't formulaic that'd be fine, but it just isn't going anywhere discernible at the moment, and the journey to whatever destination lies ahead is just getting gradually more painful.

In b4 delete by the mods