Blackest Night

>6 issues in
>Just read Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis

Holy shit, this is the best event of the 2000's.

I liked it to OP. Fuck you Sup Forums

No, it's quite terrible actually.

Blackest Night / Brightest Day made me quit reading Green Lantern.

>Holy shit, this is the best event of the 2000's.

You will LOVE marvel events! they are all just like that!.

I just read it recently and it was entertaining enough. The whole thing felt like a kid playing with all his toys and making shit up as things got along. So kinda like a more colourful and a little less silly than Axe Cop.

It also helped that this book was literally next to my toilet and I picked it up each time I was taking a shit.

Mera and Atrocitus best OTP

...please. Elaborate.

the only one that is like that was Fear Itself and that was the last decent marvel event before events got bad period.

It's not bad but compared to the years of GL buildup it was a disappointment.

>Give Scarecrow a yellow ring of fear

>Do jack shit with it

>Lex ends up taking it due to his greed.

They should've never given lex the orange ring. Larfleeze literally works better alone.

I bought each issue as it came out, still enjoy it, too

Larfleeze was pretty funny in this event. I never read anything with him before but I'm interested in looking for more. Is his new 52 run any good?

Yes

Same here. Johns turned to shit

>Lex Luthor of Earth...you want it all.
>MINE

Lantern Luthor was the best deputization.

He can't Sup Forums likes to shit on Johns without backing it up because he eats cereal, not tendies

>co/ likes to shit on Johns without backing it up
Or you are just a retarded fanboy of a pretty ok writer that is not longer good.

That is you Bendis!

You will continue that defense? I have seen your posts before, you got butthurt that the most popular DC writer was compared to the most popular marvle writer and still insist that anyone that says johns is mediocre is the same guy.
Why can't you accept Johns isnt perfect you autistic fanboy?

I liked FI but Infinity & Secret Wars were much better.

In his/her defense you haven't made a single point about WHY johns is bad only that he is and if you disagree you must be autistic.

>In his/her

>Sup Forumsmblr

This isnt a thread about Johns being shit, and we had several of those, especially during the end of Darkseid War.

Blackest night isnt a good story and is known as the turning point of BL and Johns in general. When it started everyone said Johns was going to use the white lanter, critics about how it was just an ad for toys started (and sadly, with flashpoint, forever evil and Darkseid war all the critics were pretty much right). Blackest night was a dumb simplistic story that didnt need all the issues it had. There was not a single original idea, back then we were REALLY REALLY hyped, the story was sold as spooky, and after the FANTASTIC Sinestro corps we were promised a climax to everything we liked about GL. At the end we got a pretty standard story, that was really milked, and a "big bad guy" that didnt really make sense. Johns in one interview would say it was the absolute death, and then that it wasnt death it was just a void, and in the next that it was the biggest bad guy in the DC universe. It was all over the place.

Also the life started in earth meme...

Biggest misstep ever. Batman losing one of his rogues is nothing compared to how great a villain Scarecrow would be with a yellow ring.
DC editorial are the real orange lanterns.

I only read the Question tie in and it was horse shit.

He doesnt even has to lose him.

>Booster Gold tie-in

it was terrible in the scope of all the build up it got , maybe it isn't so bad if you weren't invested at the time
it was definitely the start of johns' decline though