Every country has cities with expensive rents but what is unique about America is that we have cities with only...

Every country has cities with expensive rents but what is unique about America is that we have cities with only expensive rents. Even shit, poverty-riddled ghettos are expensive in NYC. A 2 bedroom in this lovely building in the hood is $1800 per month, for example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU
zippia.com/advice/best-states-for-programmers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Even shit, poverty-riddled ghettos are expensive in NYC.
New Yorker here.
Anywhere remotely close to the city is overly expensive. My last apartment was 2 bedroom for $1500 a month and I live like 30 miles away from the city.
I have a friend who lives in Utica(upstate NY) and they have a 2 bedroom for $900 a month.

I pay about $900 a month for a 1br/1ba excluding utilities in Phoenix AZ. It's supposed to be a "cheap" city.

In USA you can’t really find an apartment for under 600$ in Germany it’s common to only play like 250 euros a month for a flat

>250 euros for a flat
In your dreams

I talk to my friends who say they pay that much in different german cities (for uni but in USA it’s typically 7-800 per month unless you are splitting a house with roommates)

this isn't unique to the US.

London is like this only more expensive than new york and worse quality housing.

this actually looks quite spacious for britain

It's not the worst available room

ah yes the scent of first world

Living standards in the UK are sharply declining to be honest.

People are becoming poorer than their parents. Many will never own a home.

Reminds me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU

>1800$

Well in the Netherlands we have cities where all the rents are expensive and all, not just some, all, the appartments/houses are shit.

yeah but who would want to live in belgium
brother

>be burger
>Go to a decent 4 year college
>Graduate
>get slapped with 90k in student loans
>The field you trained in isn't taking new employees due to not having experience
>have to do non-paying internships to gain experience
>you're exploited to do 8 hours of work for free
>you have to pay for everything out of pocket
>live with your parents because you can barely afford to pay your phone bill, let alone student loan
>the older generations shits on you for being lazy
Don't know what it's like in the UK, but it's like that here.

>non-paid internships

why are you faggots so subservient to the system?

Non-paid internship is a terrible concept. It's just free labour for companies and depending on the country either the state funds it or people have to take loans to get by. If you want to hire people fucking pay them.

>get slapped with 90k in student loans
here its 27k but you sort of don't actually have to pay it off

>unpaid internship
true here for some.

>live with parents
here its the same or you can live in flatshares as many do

the bigger problem in the UK though is that even if you're in work, wages have been falling year on year since 2008. Houses have been becoming astronomically expensive. so essentially every year you're getting poorer and the essentials are getting more expnesive.

Some shitty german city yes
In Stocholm you’re lucky you get a 1 room flat for €600/month and that is if you rent it legally

We don't have much of a choice lol
Unless if you're *really* good or have connections, it's pretty hard to jump right into employment.
Companies see this exploit and set up internships that pay in """experience""""
While they make profits from your work.

Let me guess. Your unions are in chahoots with the companies? Here working without pay wouldnt fly.

>Your unions are in chahoots with the companies?
UNIONS?! LMFAO
Those are practically non-existent here.

I've seen entry level positions clerical jobs require a bachelors and 3+ years of experience for $11/hr. The boomers fucked us.

unions are communist and god-fearing americans will not tolerate that

We dont have a choice. Not only that, but internships are now scarce enough that the competition to get one of these is cutthroat as fuck.

How the fuck are 5,000 (insert discipline here) students suppose to get decent jobs in their field when there are only 100 internships available?

>The boomers fucked us.
and they still call us lazy and ungrateful
This. Thanks Reagan!

We're right there with you man.

Is Phoenix an ugly shithole? I would like to live in the desert t b h

The GOP and big business has waged war on unions to the point where they are practically non-existent. Our system is essentially a race to the bottom for 99% of us.

>Thanks Reagan!
no problem bro I live in Kazakhstan now btw.

It completely depends on which part. Any place that isn't a complete shithole is fairly expensive. Also in the summer time 115° is common, and 120° is getting more and more frequent.

I guess those flats are in ghetto areas, not in the center area of stockholm

I feel that fucking feel. A job in my field literally wanted 6 years experience and paid $12/hour, no benefits. I'd spit on someone who offered that. After tips, a barista makes more than that, and you don't need college loans to grind coffee.
>competition to get one
You need experience to get an internship now. I did not get one during college, so when I graduated I had a terrible time at finding employment. We're quite fucking fucked. It's a long squeeze. Every year things just get shittier and shittier.
Looks comfy.

But you have the option of living in the suburbs and commuting. You can commute 2 hours to NYC and still pay $1000+ for studio.

I studied at fucking Rutgers and the stem employment experience was great and alot of internships offered were paid. Stop making shit up btw in other countries you can't even find a white collar job with a bachelor's degree , you need to study more years

/leftypol/ you posted this pic countless times

>I PAVED MY OWN ROADS TO SCHOOL 15 MILES UP HILL BOTH WAYS
>I FOUNDED MY OWN UNIVERSITY, GRADUATED FROM IT, HAVE 6 PURE WHITE CHILDREN WITH A 10/10 WIFE, WORKING 4,000 HOURS A WEEK, YOU'RE JUST LAZY

wow this butthurt projection , I am a regular wageslave engineer.

I pay €240 a month for a three bedroom flat and all the people in my flat are also white.

Yeah but look what country you live in. There's absolutely nothing going on.

>I studied at fucking Rutgers and the stem employment experience was great and alot of internships offered were paid.
Congrats. But expecting others to have the same experience as you makes you really naive or autistic.
>Y-you're making this up

There is no difference between a 50k pop city and a 500k pop city in the netherlands except that the latter has more shitskins and antifa protesting.

hmm...

you dont pay for a flat, you pay for a room and shared access to bathroom and kitchen and a washing machine

Airbnb
Thatcher
Those are the things you should both respectively blame.

I don't share my flat with anyone, I mean that none of my neightbours are black.

So am I, but I am not a cuck asking big business to fuck me raw.

it's a deal, it's a steal

>/leftypol/
check the stats m8 employment especially in stem field is very good nowadays , companies are recruiting in colleges all the time

>So am I, but I am not a cuck asking big business to fuck me raw.
yeah we know you are an alpha che guevara larper on Sup Forums and reddit

>i-if i scream leftypol they'll love capitalism a-again!!
Not anymore, porky.

I've already posted my degree once. Check the archive if you don't believe me.

>If I call them pork on the internet, my country will change and become a communist heaven

>i am le alpha biznez man and ur all jost lazy commies xDD!!
The state of (You).

Around one third of all property in the netherlands is social housing.

why would I? I don't care about your personal life but why don't you want to work and how do you make money now?

Why does anyone even want to live in NYC or London?

I know that's where the jobs are, but even if you work all day you'll still end up living in a very expensive shoe box.

As an engineer. Maybe your next trick should be going to public library and learning how to read.

Where did I imply that retard ? I said i am a wageslave engineer
the experience i guess, some people love living in mega cities also some people hate commuting far distances

How about Jersey City?

Oh shit sorry, I didn't read 'So am I'.

1-2k range, njcity is basically a continuation of new york city in NJ m8

how about poo poo pee pee??? how are the prices there??

>poo poo pee pee
?

the poo poo pee pee county

newark? camden?

I have a flat with 3 rooms (+kitchen +bath +storage room) very central but not the best neighborhood in an 500k city in the west and pay 340€.
It is quite cheap, tho. If I would move to a new flat in a maybe better neighborhood I would easily pay 600€ for the same. Prices went full retard the last years...

what?

Never lived in India, bud.

Any decent stem job is impossible to get without an internship or two. The people you quoted mentioned that internships are few and far between and are often unobtainable because many of them are unpaid.

I know more than 10 engineer grads who are working (unrelated job here) because they can't get any kind of foot in the door.

Bud Light Yagami?

>mfw inheriting home from dad
thank dog.

>Go to Camden
>Get shot

where the fuck do you live , mech engineers have a 3% unemployment rate.

thank god I live in a Country so small there is only 1 city that has major issues with housing and everyone not living in that city hates the place.

camden is unironically improving also it's not part of nyc metro , it's philly metro

I knew that Camden is somewhere between NYC and philly.

>I knew

Indian/Paki infested shit hole part of Jersey City costs $1100-$1200 for 1 BR. The nice part is as expensive as Manhattan.

What place you would recommend for me to live if i move to US after Trump's Immigration Reform?

600 euro for an apartment is nothing man. You struggle to find a room in an apartment share for that amount in Brooklyn.

America is big. What type of job can you get in america first of all ?

I live in Phoenix along with about 3 of those I mentioned. The other 7 went to CA. 2 are mech, 1 civil, 3 elec, 2 aero, 2 industrial. None of them had internships, but graduated with slightly above 3.0 GPAs.

How about neighbourhoods filled with basketball americans?

Camden is right across the river from some of the scariest parts of Philly.

Programmer.

That'd be Orange and you are looking at $900-$1100. It's also further away and not on the PATH train (subway) so you have to take NJ Transit (light rail).

wierd men , both stats and my personal experience in jew jersey as both a student and a TA showed me that stem employment is fucking great these last years. Tho i know some english majors who are suffering

a Houston suburb would be nice

I thought*

Texas is too hot for me.

If you ever go onto Sup Forums, alot of them are having the same issues as I mentioned. Programmers/ EE/ CS/ etc, a lot of them are having the same issues.

Near the Atlantic coast is nice. I would go to North Carolina. Cheap land, free gun laws, and up and coming tech industry.

here is an interesting article
zippia.com/advice/best-states-for-programmers/
In that list i think Minneapolis is the coldest city

>social housing
sounds horrible

Social housing isn't bad if it's not filled with blacks

all of joyzee within a commutable distance from NYC is one big shithole .

Well, you also earn more. I got a not too bad entry level job and after our crazy tax I have like 2,2k a month (+bonus)...
Rent does make up a lot of your salary here. The 600 are still mid range, I could also pay 800-1000€ without living in some high end apartment.

I have a fairly decent job and have 4.2k per month after taxes, but I have to save 1200 per month for retirement if I don't want to be a beggar in my golden years. That leaves me with paying half of my usable income for rent and transit. If I lived in any other city it would be decent, but such is life.