Remember that time family guy tackled domestic abuse?

remember that time family guy tackled domestic abuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/us/in-seven-states-atheists-push-to-end-largely-forgotten-ban-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was that like when they tackled gay rights and didn't help at all?

Was that the time the man who went against it was a serial rapist ?

Remember that time they were totally wrong about the effect of christianity because Seth Macfarlene is a FUCKING HACK FRAUD?

b-b-but he has nothing to do with the show anymore

Remember that time mr enter got personally offended by this episode and bitched about it for half an hour or so?

I can't tell if Quag's hypocrisy is REALLY bad writing or a shittily executed joke.

Ironically this was the episode after Seashell Seahorse that had Meg's rant until it got botched up at the end.

Overall, pretty much all the characters are shitty people which makes you very glad they don't exist in real life.

That was a legitimately uncomfortable video. He must have a history with it.

I have bad news for you, user. People like this do exist in real life.

this would have been a great episode if it didn't victim blame. but man they dropped the ball on that one.

Remember when the entire town wanted Brian dead because he was an atheist?

>History
That would imply Mr. Enter had a romantic interest in someone, which could never happen because he's asexual and a douchebag who no one would ever want.

Orrrrrrrrr he grew up in an abusive home.

You don't have to be in a relationship to deal with abuse from a loved one you know

Its a legit challenge to rewatch Family Guy episodes after season 5 or 6. Who the fuck thought this would be good TV?

fox

no? what happened? this sounds like a delightful trainwreck.

Or he got maced once and overreacted to it, to the point where his sperg mind can't separate "get your fat unwashed ass off the computer and take out the trash" to "you're a failure in life that I never wanted, get the fuck out of my sight".

Remember that time Peter joined the neighborhood watch in order to help the community and then shot Cleveland Jr in the middle of the night after catching him sneaking into his own room dressed in a burglar and Cleveland and the rest of Quahog legitimately got pissed off and treated him as the scum of the earth?

Quagmires sister hides out in his house to avoid abusive boyfriend.

Gang tries to talk her into leaving him and gaining confidence in herself.

She is about to but boyfriend finds her and proposes to her and she says yes. Peter and the gang decide that the only way to end it is to straight up MURDER the abusive boyfriend. They decide to take him to the middle of the woods on a camping trip and shoot him, but since the boyfriend isnt retarded he pulls a gun on THEM.

Everyone but Quagmire is forced to leave and the two of them get into a fight to the death. Boyfriend chokes Quagmire to death and starts digging a grave. Turns out Quagmire can survive without breathing for a fuck long time and gets into the car and runs the boyfriend over and kills him.

Wait, what episode was that?

Remember that time Stewie impregnated himself with Brian's DNA and gave birth to half-human half-dog ungodly abominations and all (Or almost all?) of them died?

which one of those is supposed to be abusive and which one isn't?

Does Seth MacFarlane have such a victim complex that he believes atheists are persecuted in Rhode Island?

Isn't that how Mr. Enter reacts to every cartoon?

are any of those things supposed to be jokes?

Nope. If I recall its all played fairly serious with Peter saying a random quip in the background every once in awhile.

"A Shot in the Dark"

that's actually true though so your post holds no weight

>with Peter saying a random quip in the background every once in awhile.
This is what bothers me about Family Guy, more than the cutaways. Characters just make non-sequitur comments every minute or so, no one acknowledges them, and it really breaks what little flow the story has.

How could this story be fixed?

He does that to everything though. Autistic people all have a special skill, usually something stupid. His is getting mad at cartoons and arguing with fictional characters.

Executives don't want good TV, they do want ratings. They do get ratings with FG.

It ends with everyone catching super AIDS and dying, with CeeLo Green saying "Well that's it. That's the end of this series. Everyone's dead. Goodnight."

The art and animation actually repulses me. The same poses over and over, the same perspective, it's just so fucking terrible. Every shot is the same angle with the characters standing there talking and going through prefab animations.

They are in some states
mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/us/in-seven-states-atheists-push-to-end-largely-forgotten-ban-.html

>largely forgotten
It's one of those laws that no one gives a shit about, it's not oppressing anyone.

The ban is still there and in effect.

Is it really in effect if it has no effect on anything?

They should still get rid of it officially, though. Having a discriminatory law like that on the books and not being willing to take the time to remove it is either an implicit endorsement of its legitimacy, or else an implicit statement that no atheist will ever be a public official of any importance ANYWAY, which is a discriminatory presupposition.

Seth MacFarlane is still an idiot with a persecution complex, though.