What will go wrong?

What will go wrong?

Everything.

Movie will be marred by controversy after all the Marvel fan suicides.

>Not bright, happy & whimsical as the tv show for older nostalgia whore "critics"...
>Won't be enough misandry for tumblr like "critics" to be able to call it a "feminist" film.

WB will get nervous about a recent successful film from a rival studio or a test audience reaction and will order new scenes shot/a recut that makes the final film a confusing mess.

They'll hire someone with little to no acting ability as the lea...You don't mean what already went wrong do you?

>Back home we call that slavery

You tell me what will go wrong

this mostly
also suicide squad also being a critical failure will give wb sweaty palms

underrated

/thread

By the date of the theatrical release the general moving-going audience would still not be able to comprehend kino.

This. Also Gadot has an annoying accent that audiences won't tolerate for long.

Personally, I hate that it's set during WW1. Really I hate MOST of the decisions that were made for the DCEU.

Feminism. The movie could be directed and completely produced by women and they'll still find ways to bitch about it

Nobody reads comics so people won't understand or appreciate whats happening on screen, meaning -45% on RT.

It won't be anything like the animated film.

Company wars, Sup Forums will stay on Sup Forums, Snyder/Goyer/executive meddling, we'll get even further away from a GOOD DC cinematic universe.

Also, needs Nazis. Real older heroes fight Nazis.

Screencap it.

It's not going to pull in the audience like its wanted.

Then DC's gonna be like

>See! We told you Wonder Woman can't hold her own movie

While the fans are going to be like

>YOU DIDN'T GIVE US THE RIGHT WONDER WOMAN YOU GAVE US AN ANOREXIC TART IN COSPLAY!

Then people will defend the movie and call those who criticize it sexist cis scum and tell them to go back reddumblr whatever the kids are using these days.
Meanwhile I'm just not gonna see it

Well I like her accent and I also like the WWI setting. So nyah.

Setting it in WW1 will prove to be a mistake.

The worst thing that can happen is that nothing goes wrong.

Imagine it is actually a great movie, and gets recognition, but nobody watches it because it's in the middle of the fiercest weekends of the year.

Then DC execs fail to realise what happens and ban Wondy (and the actual approach of the movie) from their lineup, and start pouring more batman.

Oh, and the main actress sucks.

GG

It'll be recut by the trailer editor because everyone liked the trailer

her acting

Its going to be the worst parts of Captain America TFA and Thor, have zero magic shit or Ares, and will ultimately be butchered in the editing room by corporate suits going over peoples heads

Calling it now. Reddit movie critics will claim "the editing and pacing was bad, 2/10". Sup Forums will gobble it up and come shitpost on Sup Forums

>Editing and Pacing are somehow not valid complaints
Yeah get WBs dick out of your mouth and think about what you just posted

The bad guy will actually be Hades who will be portrayed like an evil devil type guy.

I'm not saying they aren't. But people show the roof of their knowledge by saying "editing and pacing were bad" about every movie they don't like.

You realise no top critics slammed the editing or pacing of SS but it is parroted around non stop here.

Because it had dreadful editing and pacing.

You can't be that entrenched in denial.

But the editing and pacing was terrible in SS user, I didnt need top critics or the boogeyman hivemind that is Sup Forums to tell me that. Fuck the first 30 mins is a sloppy exposition dump

>Because it had dreadful editing and pacing.
Examples?

But the worst parts of Cap 1 are the silly campy parts.
This looks pretty fucking serious so far.

>Meanwhile I'm just not gonna see it

Even if it ends up being a good movie?

I personally don't think the editing was all that bad except for one scene near the end where it cut to Harley in a weird way and the scene where Flagg was saying how Enchantress escaped seemed a bit jarring. I might have to watch a cam version to make sure though. It seemed edited properly to me.

Ok as far as pacing, the film is more concerned about getting to the next action scene than fleshing out its characters. The introduction of the Squad is literally a shopping list montage that drags on for too long. June's/Flaggs relationship is forced as fuck and never given ample time for us to even care. Now for editing its a lot more obvious. We get 2 flashbacks to remind us that Enchantress ditches Waller like we forgot, Harleys baptism flashback comes out of fucking nowhere, the jump cuts in Jokers electro therapy is annoying, and its proven that a shit ton of footage was cut from the original release

>Deadshot has three introduction scenes
>20 minutes of exposition as three characters sit in a restaurant
>Longer footage awkwardly cut into smaller flashbacks
>Katana interacts with no one throughout the movie
>Enchantress goes rogue at night, Squad is assembled by morning and crash lands in Midway City the same night, yet Flag later says it's "three days later"
>The Navy Seals disappear as the squad goes into the bar to angst and randomly returns in the end
>Boomer randomly returns during the superhero walk with no explanation
>Seals and Croc go underwater unscathed, then it cuts to them already swarmed by eyeball putties

you forgot

>A ton of "We are a family" moments in the later half when all team building moments got edited out of the story
>Harley randomly gets a special open air prison cell and Crocs is a swamp
>Harley's chip is deactivated halfway through the movie and this is never addressed again

The audience can believe this skinny uncharismatic coul'd be a Amazon Warrior?

This scene is awfull:

almost black and white scenario

and then someone appears with bright colors, air shampoo commercial and a red Bozo lipstick

walking like a catwalk model

kek i actually believe WW will have the highest RT out of the previous 3 films in DCEU.

WB surely won't shit the bed 4 times in a row right?

no good sex/nude scenes

I'll redbox it then.

43% on RT

$784 million worldwide

Gadot's wooden acting.
butchered in the editing room.
Too much "hurr i'm stronk womyn, womyn better than man".

First post, best post

Thing is the people who complain about that stuff are the ones complainkmg about her body.

It'll probably be a shittier version of the first Captain America movie. Also, feminists will blow up about the poor reviews and assume that it's because the lead role is a woman.

underwritten script, unfinished effects, terrible editing. again.

DC will go on the offensive, saying that people who don't like the movie don't like female heroines, and therefore don't like women.

This will polarize people who likely would have seen it just to kill time, pushing them away from it.

Not written and directed by the Raimi brothers.

Yeah because that worked so well for Ghostbusters

That worked in SS's favor, though.

The very same effect could happen.

Meanwhile GB only made budget back this past week.

EVERYTHING!!

...and they blame sexist fanboy's

hopefully nothing.

Nothing. Critics are paid off to skew the RT score.

I can't tell if people are joking or not when they say this because some DC fans really are this butthurt.

How? SS had a huge opening but is already showing signs of a drop off. It's BvS all over again.

>A feminazi makes a movie about a feminazi fighting nazis
I am sick and tired of selecting store fronts cptcha, give me something else

i dont think so, the fucking defending i've seen of MoS on both co and tv is absurd

>What will go wrong?

It will be a decent film that gets turned into an awful one because DC felt nervous.

*WB, not DC

> gadot is a shit actress
> english isn't her first language
> chris pine has all the charisma of a piece of pine
> action sequences look very suspect
> DC cameos forced as fuck again
> no villain has been shown so far, will most likely be MUH MAN'S WORLD, until final 3rd act doomsday-esque forced cgi threat
> gadot has the body of a 13 year old boy
> no big supporting cast, cause for concern if A-listers staying away from what should be a slam dunk movie on paper
> etta candy seems to be WW1 reddit tier character
> WB has yet to prove themselves over 3 movies

that's a good list for starters

damn...

No, I mean the casual audience is its main strength. People who didn't read the comics.

>english isn't her first language
There's a lot of legitimate complaints, but this is irrelevant horseshit and you know it.

Nothing, but critics will call it drab and boring and hate the setting and all the usual bullshit and give it like a 60% (they can't hate it too much this time because feminists).

Robin Wright is the villain. I'd bet money on it.

>What will go wrong?

The biggest thing?

Gadot.

Nah, those are just trolls.

Yeah, but that's true of every cape movie.

The number of people who actually read comics is vanishingly small. A few hundred thousand who read even semi-regularly? Maybe a few million if we count everyone who has ever read even one comic?

You guys from tumblr?
>anyone who doesn't agree with me MUST be a troll!

>>Meanwhile GB only made budget back this past week
It didn't actually make it's "budget" back. It made it's projected budget back

Like, Green Lantern also "made it's budget back" and you see how that went

Please don't be this assblasted, user. Just stating the simple truth.

Liking MoS or BvS is not something a rational person can do. It's objectively wrong.

Therefore, anyone expressing that opinion is not being sincere, and is thus trolling.

she was hard to understand in BvS and that's also the reason why she had minimal dialogue

Disliking MoS or BvS is objectively retarded. They were both high quality films. You should kill yourself.

I bet pol/ would love this : )

> not liking the campy parts of Cap 1

It would have to be received twice that in order to make that money against this competition.

I didn't hate the movie, it was pretty average. But all that family shit was annoying as fuck. None of that was earned. They knew each other for like a day.

Right? It was so forced.

Given the track record, it'll probably be joyless, self-important, and obsessed with the character's mythic weight. Also choppy, poor editing.

Please, PLEASE prove me wrong WB.

Yeah it felt really out of place. And a decent amount of the dialogue was not working for me either.

Also, why the fuck would the Suicide Squad take on Enchantress? She likely did more damage than fucking Zod and Doomsday and no other heroes thought they should help out there? I feel like the stakes were too high for a Suicide Squad movie.

>Yeah it felt really out of place. And a decent amount of the dialogue was not working for me either.
Dialogue was fine. The TRUE COMPANIONS shit was awful because not only were they obviously trying to just ape GotG, but it didn't even really make sense within context of the movie. And speaking of trying to copy GotG, did we really needed radio classics being played in the background constantly during the first half of the movie?

>Also, why the fuck would the Suicide Squad take on Enchantress? She likely did more damage than fucking Zod and Doomsday and no other heroes thought they should help out there? I feel like the stakes were too high for a Suicide Squad movie.
That's one of my main criticisms. The Suicide Squad are a political team. They're sit in to do government wetwork and covert operations. Their enemies should be political and lower-scale.

It's funny how BvS had, of all things, KGBeast, when if anything, he would've fit in better in SS.

>The Suicide Squad are a political team. They're sit in to do government wetwork and covert operations. Their enemies should be political and lower-scale

Exactly my thoughts. Something like an assassination/coup/false flag plot would have been way better and actually made some sense. Those are the kind of situations where you want expendable people who can take the blame.

Executive meddling and mass reshoots will ruin a somewhat mediocre movie and further cement the fact that WB are actively ruining movies they touch. Gal Gadot being a shit actress aside, I will not see this movie.

The DCU doesn't stand a chance.

Let me whip out my turban and crystal ball:

I forsee that when the first cut of Wonder Woman emerges, it will have beautiful cinematography, a well balanced romance arc that ends tragically but doesn't overpower the story, WW actually has a well developed character arc, the fight choreography is shite but beautifully shot, and it will take a refreshing risk where while the heroes win the battle, the villain is ultimately victorious through the caprices of the human race and it's hunger for self-destruction, putting a poignant end on a thrilling tale that is mitigated by a mid-credits flash forward showing Diana fighting alongside the Justice League, her faith in the potential of man's world restored as continues her fight.

After the first few test-screenings, WB execs will call for reshoots, and the charming banter she shares with Trevor turn into lectures on his misogyny, feminist rants would be inserted in awkward places, and character building scenes will be cut and replaced by shaky cam and explosions.

Then when it flops, DC/WB will release an Ultimate edition that mostly gets it right, but still falls far short of what could have been.

Gadot being skinny is the least of my concerns.

That said, the trailer looked promising. It did for Suicide Squad, too, though.

Exactly.

Hopefully they rectify that for the sequel.

Hell I mean, that's kind of the point of a shared cinematic universe like this. They need to flesh out their universe with all sorts of diverse stories. Not everything needs to be the same generic doomsday, save the world plot. Sometimes it's okay when the stakes are lowered.

It will be a decent movie like suicide squad.

Dumb complains. A beacon of hope in a bleak war should probably be colourful. Wonder Woman was always elegant. Her lipstick isn't even that bright,

WWI.

Lead actress will suck. Humor will be forced. Will be packed with clumsy Tumblr feminism.

>BAD BOYS 3

Why didnt I hear about this?

>Dark Universe:The Mummy

Oh its finally happening

>Uncharted

kek

You know there's LESS sequels than I thought there would be.

It won't be Mahvel.

Nothing.

>at this point what difference does it make?