Why has capeshit only become a huge genre recently?

Comic books have been popular for a hundred years already.

Because society was tough enough that it didn't allow for manchildren. Not publicly at any rate. Nerds being a "culture" is a recent phenomenon too.

This. Too many decades of relative peace has resulted in a completely infantalized generation of "adults".

>recently

Capeshit was huge back in the 50s

Let's face it. The only people who don't like super hero films are uppity self righteous joyless twats. These people are always miserable and angry. They always have an opinion about something they hate. In fact all they talk about is stuff they hate. They live such miserable worthless lives. Their opinions should automatically be ignored.

>i dont have a job but i fight about superhero movies online!

Imagine being this pathetic lol. Holy shit you losers got mental issues haha

t. the Funko Pop King

Only now are the effects good enough and the audience childish enough. Marketing to man children is more effective than actual children because they can and will spend their own money on all the merchandise to show of what fucking dweebs they are.

Cheap realistic CGI. Also cancerous nerd culture.

Because the movies ended up being pretty good for what they are and they're summer popcorn flicks stretched out throughout the entire year. They're big budget, we have the CG technology to actually make things passable if you throw enough money at it (Though they don't always get it right), they're iconic characters throughout pop culture, they've done great jobs picking the right people for the right roles, the fanbase and even new people are there (I was personally just a Spidey, Flash, and Batman fan with a bit of Teen Titans here and there before the MCU and DCEU stuff came out and now I really want to read Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant Man), people want grandiose science fiction movies, and they're just simple fun on both sides of the spectrum.

I would say the original Spideys were the onset of it and then Iron Man and Dark Knight really started picking up steam.

>Cheap realistic CGI.
Yet they still somehow manage to spend 100-200 million a movie. Well, if their figures are to be trusted, in any case.

>Let's face it. I'm incredibly insecure and not only are my faults so incredibly embarrassing, I'm ready to project them online so readily, my name might as well be Shit Beacon.

You sound like a woman. Hint: It's not all about you, sweetheart.

Most of that goes to the talent.

Someone at some point realized that nerds grown up and can pay for movie/serve as a basis for forced expanding the relationship between culture and market?

>Too many decades of relative peace

Imagine being THIS underage and/or sheltered.

>Oh no, some dumb rednecks voluntarily died in the Middle East. Americans have it so hard.

>relative peace

> what is a placebo religion

because nobody invested in movies this much.
Name something that's not dc or marvel.

Nice shilling there.

It was called westerns before and wrestling in the 80s.

It's the same shit, actors dressing up in costumes and fighting 'bad guys' with their special skills/moves/powers.

Capeshit has been around since the 40s, they made Batman and Superman tv serials and radio dramas.

Radio had some capeshit. Green Lama. Blue Beetle. Green Hornet. The Avenger. The Shadow. Batman. Superman.
Later there was a Fantastic Four radio series (in the 70s, radio dramas didn't really die, they just became very rare until the last 15 years boom).

70's Spider-Man movies still the undisputed best capekino, followed by the 80's Hulk movies a close second.

It is made up. There's no capeshit hype IRL. No one I know even talks about it. No children or teens here talk about it. There's no ads for it on broadcast TV here. The 2 theaters don't play any of those movies. There's no promotional shit in stores here. The only time I see anything about capeshit is here on Sup Forums.

I live in the USA, fyi.

There's less war now than in any other time in the history of mankind.

>It's an OP was born in the 2000s and has no knowledge of anything before episode

REAL ANSWER

CGI and special effects have now become cheap enough that these movies can be produced on a relatively modest budget, additionally advancements in CGI mean that these films can appeal to wider a audience that would've originally been put off by schlocky costumes and effects, this wider audience cares very much what other people think of them and couldn't possibly suffer the light mockery associated with being a fan of a film with said crappy effects,

>capeshitter complaining that his movies weren't being made for his whole life so he was forced to watch films of substance during his younger years