All Star Batman #1 Storytime

Batman. Twoface.
Snyder. John Romita Jr.

Time for a ride to hell.

Congrats to Bellaire and Shalvey, who just got engaged a few days ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/20520-peter-tomasi-talks-two-face-shocker-big-july-batman-event-spoilers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In relation, Injection v2 is out today.

Does anybody actually like Romita Jr's art?

Based Snyder and Romita saving us from all the Rebirth mediocrity.
Norrin, do you plan on storytiming Flintstones?

I'm excited for this purely because it looks like it's going to carry on the All-Star legacy of being fucking stupid in an entertaining way. I mean obviously Snyder takes himself a little too seriously to write anything as amazing as "Are you dense? Are you retarded or something?" but all you have to do is look at that cover with Batman holding a chainsaw and know this is going to be some hilarious shit.

Plebs don't.

I post as many books as I can before collapsing from exhaustion user.
If the tip is up, I'm all for it.

Feels nice to storytime Snyder again.

I mean, technically I'm not reading until I have a physical copy to hold in my hand, but it's the reaction that counts.

One of the first comics I ever bought for myself was a trade of one of JMS and Romita Jr's Spider-Man storylines and its stuck with me ever since. It looks weird but it's a really unique style that's eye catching as fuck.

>that moth fact
neat

Yes

Corrupt City

Noble House

Dark Alley

Night King

>Batman fist-bumping
seriously?

>better than Robin

Well fuck you too, Bruce.

Apparently, Killer Mother and Firefly are fond of Kamen Rider and others Super Sentai shit

GUESS WHO?

Batman talks too much. Does he think he's Dick Grayson or what ?

Knowing Snyder, this will be writing for the trade.

Knowing me, I'll get that trade.

gentleman ghost? they saved you from that god awful design?

AW SHIT GENTLEMAN GHOST

Well that's an interesting take on Two Face.

Kek

"I try black now"

God dammit, Snyder. Why does he write Alfred like this? How can you fuck up Alfred of all characters?

JRJR DA GOD

waiting to read it in my hands tomorrow tho

Thanks for the story time

>Mfw I thought I wasn't gonna buy this

Didn't 52 two face put a bullet in his head or is this someone else

The fuck? I know I'm asking for spoonfeeding, but I can't be assed to care about batbooks overall nowadays. Not throwing shade, just not my thing. But scrolling past I admit the last panel of this page caught me. So...what the fuck?

Maybe he realized having emotional attachedsodekicks that all end up dead at some point isn't the best idea

Its pretty obvious this is Crazy Quilt, right?

>mfw I'm a Kingfag
>mfw better than all of King's Batman issues
Wasn't expecting this.

You couldn't be more obviously samefag if you had a fucking neon sign shoved up your ass.
All this Rebirth stuff, I'd hope they at least threw an ad or two in for Young Animal.

There is Alfred's betrayal but all I see is Gentleman Ghost left untouched by God of Awful Redesign

I think they're just ignoring that and carrying on. I mean, they left it somewhat ambiguous as to whether he actually offed himself even though the clear intent was that he did, so it's not technically a retcon anyway.

King has Finch and this has JrJr. It's not even fair. It's like a normal person vs an olympian. It's its own perfect metaphor for the art gap.

That King's is so good is amazing.

When will Batman villains realize how fucking crazy he is?

>That King's is so good is amazing.
eh

Always get annoyed when they pull the in sorry I have to do this trope right as they fucking do it.

Action Comics: All-Star Batman: New Super-Man: Wonder Woman: Hal Jordan & GLC: Support the official release.

You forgot Tec:

honestly i could've said readable but I really like it. and Finch is literally my most hated artist

Didn't two face kill himself? How's he still alive?

Why is Gentleman Ghost using an uzi?

buying All Star Bats in floppy
Flash in digital
Batman in trade
All New Superman in trades

tec not batman

They didn't leave it ambiguous at all he put a bullet in his skull

>"red herrings, no dream scenario. It was absolutely Harvey Dent putting that gun against his head. No clone. No twin. No imposter with a mask. The trigger was pulled and the deed was done. That was Dent's blood that spattered against Gilda's picture"

newsarama.com/20520-peter-tomasi-talks-two-face-shocker-big-july-batman-event-spoilers.html

Doesn't matter what the writer says if it didn't happen on-panel, especially when we're talking a big villain like Two-Face.

"The villain ? Jason ?"
Fuck you black robin. Red Hood is what Gotham City needs

He put a bullet in his fucking skull and killed himself I get continuity is loose as fuck in DC but this is just lazy

Yeah, I really wished they'd pair Romita up with King. But our fucking luck. Hey at least next 3 issue of Batman will have good artists.

This issue was a mess. Some terrible characterization of Bruce and Alfred, Snyder's old wikipedia dump and long-winded monologue habits coming back in full force. I do like the art, the coloring really makes or breaks JRJR's art and this one makes it. His Two-Face looks neat, in particular, and I'm not entirely hating Snyder's take on him so far either.

But the backup story I do hate, the Duke push just isn't working for me. It's very clear that Snyder is one of those people who always hated Robin as a concept and this is like someone asking him "Oh yeah? Well how would you do it?" So this is what we get as his take and so far it's pretty dumb. Robin works, people like Robin. If he doesn't like Robin then just don't write about him and tell a solo Batman story and be done with it.

Anyway, it's at least more enjoyable than Snyder's normal Batman run, I'll give it that. It at least feels like he's having some fun with it now.

Retconing/ignoring bad writing is not lazy, it's the right thing to do.

So Is literally everyone in this town is corrupt

eh enough cosmic stuff has happened between then and now that it'd be easy to explain Harvey coming back from that

Why Alfred for fucks same why would you ever betray Bruce

The combined fortunes of the three crimebosses of Gotham is a fucking shitload of money, user. People will do awful things when they're desperate and a fucking shitload of money is on the line.

WhAt with the Robin hate?

Oh shit really? Thats really nice. Bellaire is a cutieand so is Shalvey sorta

I'm not super knowledgeable on this series but isn't it supposed to be similar to All-Star Superman? Not canon, just a really good story for the character? That would explain Two-Face being alive.

He got better

bloody hell did Two face just bath Gotham with an acid rain?

>Original Two-Face
>Post-Manhattan diddling the DCU Two-Face
The fact that no one's written a story where there are two Two-Faces or he has a twin or something is mind-boggling. That's how I would have explained away this silliness, desu.

Not training to be a sidekick yet you dress in a yellow tracksuit and follow batman all night are you shitting me kid?

I dont like this comic anymore.

No it's set in canon, Snyder's said that repeatedly in interviews.

considering Alfred often has a background in special forces and/or military intelligence in a lot of continuities, I could see Harvey having managed to dig up something particularly unsavory that Alfred was involved with that he'd want to keep buried ESPECIALLY from Bruce

nah Duke being around kinda makes it clearly meant to be in continuity

That cook looks high, I would not want him to be handling my food