Good Shows like Flight of the Conchords

Anyone know some?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VdfmGAju6kU
youtube.com/watch?v=NRdg1MOYxHo
youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In what way, like comedy with music interludes or comedies about friends slumming it together?

I really like the musical interludes, but I'm also talking about the somewhat deadpan, witty comedy that appears throughout the show. I don't really care about the premise of the show as much as the comedic style.

I can't really think of other NZ comedy shows that do the same thing as Concords, though there are similar elements.

I remember Moon TV being pretty funny sometimes, but it was very wacky and based around skits.

youtu.be/VdfmGAju6kU

Does anyone remeber the show that was on after school, it was an islander show that had helen clark as a scientist and a whole bunch of shit about kfc? Jandal away or something like that, I cant find it on google.

you're not on about brotown are you?

There are no shows like Flight of the Conchords, and there never will be again.

Sad really. Sad that it was cancelled after only two seasons as well. Damn near criminal...

Nah nah, I think it had Mr Popelo in it. Its really bugging me, google hasnt turned up shit. Youd think it wouod be easy to find seeing as it had Hellen Clark in it.

does TVNZ not have a database of their comedy shoes? Pre much every NZ Comedy show has been funded by them

He may be dead

youtube.com/watch?v=NRdg1MOYxHo

I found it, it was called Jandals Away. Theres just fuck all on the internet about it.

Snuff Box

Anyways, I just started watching Westside. Its fucking shit, theyve stripped away all the bogan humor which was why Outrageous fortune was good in the first place.

DAMN those are some blasts from the past. Reminds me of my dropout days in the early 2000s, used to work at this shitty cafe in Ngatea and did nothing else but drink with mates and watch TV shows like this all day. Bad times.

What's that rip-off Americuck show with the mousey brunette and the sort of harsh featured blonde woman?

It's the same sort of schtick but they're women.

Delocated is the pinnacle of deadpan

Well since this is a TVNZ thread, who /spaceknights/ here?
>Show has a theme composed by Dave Dobbyn

Can't get more kiwi then that ay.

youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

Never actually seen it, but Garfunkel and Oates?

You know what this calls for?
TO THE DAIRY!!!!

I don't really see these shows as being in the same vein as FotC, but both are definitely worth watching.

And I know much of Sup Forums has likely seen this by now, but it's a must for anyone who appreciate the Conchords' humor.

Did you know the dad from Boy was also the director?

Yes. He also played Viago in WWDITS and the priest in Hunt For The Wilderpeople.