What's next for her, Sup Forums, and is there a Katana recommended reading list?

What's next for her, Sup Forums, and is there a Katana recommended reading list?

There aren't any good Katana stories sadly, so no, no recommended reading list.

That's a shame, but looking at her comic book costume I'm not surprised. I could definitely see OP Katana having some gritty, Punisher Max-esque adventures in DC's Tokyo.

WELCOME TO JAPANTOWN

aka don't. She's one of those fetish asian characters that were stupidly popular for a while. If you're into that stuff, I think Kabuki is said to be what you're supposed to read.

Hopefully a solo film. Smallish 40 million budget, some martial artists brought in to do fight choreography and maybe even act. Halfway through Katana goes to Flag for some help, asking maybe if she can borrow Deadshot but Deadshot's on a mission and Flag offers you know who.

I'd dig it.

The world needs more Boomerang.

No love for Katana?

Barr's and Dixon's Outsiders
Outsiders: Five of a Kind #2

I wish I could recommend her solo, but it was bad. Thanks Ann Nocenti.

It's a good look, and she's good in it, but sadly underutilized.

Maybe she can get some better stories now. Not likely, but one can dream. I didn't mind Beware The Batman's version, especially when it hit that Outsiders vibe.

>solo movie
>for a character that barely had any screentime, did absolutely nothing, and her only sentence in the movie is about "muh husband"

I want to tenderly love Karen Fukuhara

I want to hug her and whisper that her career ain't over

Sounds like she's among the least compromised in whatever the hell Suicide Squad managed to do. I agree a solo is a bit much, but the fact that they didn't use the character hardly makes her unusable in other projects. Also seems like she was among the others in getting her scenes ripped out for more Will Smith/Harley screentime.

I thought her Forever Evil story was really good
But I might be biased since I love The Creeper, and he returns

I don't see why not. She was interesting as hell and you could easily write a revenge story centered around her going around and finding some masters that knew had something to do with her husband's death. And like I said, 40 million budget to play it safe, if it bombs, it can't bomb that hard that you lose a lot.

>She was interesting as hell

Comic Katana maybe but this movie version was basically an afterthought hastily crammed in to appeal to the Asian market. Anything about her that could be considered interesting are told to us by Flagg in an 'accept it because I said so' manner.

That's not to say she can't be used in another project but I don't think WB need to blow 40 mil on a movie about a literally who character, played by a literally who actress (who we don't even know can act since she had 1 English line and took her mask off once).

>literally who
fuck off back to Sup Forums

>Actually blowing cash to make a solo movie for a character that had 3 minutes of screentime in a movie everyone hated

You're waifu bias is clouding your judgement lad.

>You're waifu bias is clouding your judgement lad.
And I said fuck off back to Sup Forums ya Sup Forums-fag.

How about just a Batman and the Outsiders movie

More likely she would be in that all-female DC movie that Margot Robbie wants to make.

True, so you throw Boomerang at the start and not halfway through the movie.

Just make the buddy cop movie. Please.

I wish the Outsiders had better luck on other media.

>they were one of the weaker parts of Brave and the Bold
>Beware the Batman was cancelled after forming the Outsiders.

Obscurity.

Hollywood jews almost never cast east asians. If they do they are the sidekick or other minor character. Excluding movies set in Asia of course.

Just because she didn't have much screentime doesn't mean she wasn't interesting. Quite the opposite, the mystery might help.