Post your air force

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Bulgarian_military_aircraft
standartnews.com/english/read/defense_committee_chair_bulgaria_paying_other_nato_members_to_protect_its_airspace_is_unacceptable-8191.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAI_T-50_Golden_Eagle
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518099466542.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>filename

Fixed wing:
F-16 -> F-35
KC-10 -> A330 MRTT
C-130
C-17 (shared Heavy Airlift Wing)
MQ-9

Helos:
Apache
Chinook
Cougar
NH90

Literally everybody it seems uses the F-16. Also I hope a Greekbro posts, the F-16 looks sex AF in their camo. I think its called "Aegean Ghost" or something.

Also I forgot to add. The '89' on the tail indicates the fiscal year that aircraft was approved for production in the budget and the '030' is the last three digits of the aircrafts serial number...if anyone has ever wondered about USAF tailcodes.

Thats not their regular camo lol, does look cool though.

I know.

>Literally everybody it seems uses the F-16.

It's ok.

Because it's abomination that fills every role. However all these mods made it ugly and heavy

Always loved the super tucano

Pls buy.

>tfw these poor jets are going to be ancient history by the time they're replaced
>tfw retard-in-chief didn't just buy fucking f-35s like every other western country

Canada now will prolly end up with FA-50 lol.

Honestly I doubt that there is another developed country in the world as incompetent with its military as Canada.

>conservatives say let's buy new f-35's for the rcaf
>not enough to replace all of the f-18s tho lmao
>liberals come in and make shit up about how bad le epic lemon f-35's are
>decides to buy handful of superhornets for no fucking reason
>lmao nvm boeing is trying to kill our aerospace industry, at least now we have a good way out of our retarded decision (we'll buy some f-18s from australia for spare parts lol)
>now there is going to be a contest between f-35 and a bunch of other random soon-to-be-outdated jets
>will probably end up getting f-35's anyway, only a decade behind schedule

Why not Gripens or Eurofighters then? I mean F-18's are already old and there isn't many western options, unless Trudeau wants to make Trump mega butthurt by going Russia on Chinese.

>or

Fix.

Whoah. Not very white

Russian on Chinese

Neat

Pls no lewd thoughts.

Or the government should just stop being cheap fucks and buy the aircraft they've been investing absurd amounts of money into for decades.

Well with the current people in govt you guys will prolly never see it. Since they fucked the deal, now it's time to find something to cover that loss.

>f-35

I like them.

You guys used the Tornado which was for Euroboi's who didn't want the F-16...and France because France has to do everything unique. Although Italy used the F-16 at one time along with the Tornado.

Old but lethal, F-5's are aesthetic as fuck.

CF-100 Canuck, the only Canadian-designed fighter to see active service

Be amazed

Mi-8?

They're not bad but really their time is done

Yep. Here they modernize to be "4th gen" but i don't believe the Airframes can handle more than 10 years of service. That's why they bought Gripens, either that or go full Argentina with no fighterjets whatsoever.

The rest got scrapped. We are paying NATO to defend our air space.

>go full Argentina

Yep, Mexico's Airforce is actually better than Argentina's now.

?

We have about 10 soviet era fighters. Can 10 soviet era fighters effectively protect an airspace? We used to have a 100 but they either got scrapped due to budget cuts or due to them being too old to be usable. 10 bloody fighters can't fight my dick.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Bulgarian_military_aircraft

15 multirole and 12 for attack.

>not picking the Cadillac of jets for your air force

>Cadillac
That's not a compliment nowadays granpa

Swiss F-18 have cracks in their wings btw.

standartnews.com/english/read/defense_committee_chair_bulgaria_paying_other_nato_members_to_protect_its_airspace_is_unacceptable-8191.html

we are in a situation where we have to pay a foreign entity to defend our airspace. 30 or 10, it's a shame, considering that we were the first country to use a warplanes to bomb enemy positions

All of the 57 C models were built here, so of course ours are higher quality

Argentina can't buy western planes.
I suppose they could buy Chinese or Russian but probably don't have the money.

Isn't Bulgaria on NATO?

I think it's more lack of maintenance.

I read that they were considering Korean FA-50.

>Korean FA-50
If it has any western components (likely) we will veto the sale.

It is, but it still isn't free

But it has british components? I know the engine is the same as the F-16.

Plus Argentina isn't a threat anymore, wouldn't Britain be losing royalties by blocking every sale?

what kind of abomination is this shit

I don't know, but a quick google suggests it probably does. We blocked their acquisition of gripen for this reason.
I don't think it's worth taking the risk personally. We should do everything in our power to cripple their military forever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAI_T-50_Golden_Eagle

Burger engine and Israeli and Burger avionics.

I know that there's a risk, but nowadays after the kirchner govts the prolly won't do shit in a very long time.

Just get over it britmong the falklands were argentinain anyway

(You)

Pls buy.

wtf, the paintjob made me do a triple take thinking it was a single-engine F/A-18

>Gripen
Might be viable, I don't know the Canadian requirements though
>Eurofighter
F-35A would cost about as much per plane and have much better capabilities.

How can Eurofighter be as expensive as the F-35?

Economies of scale. There will be thousands of F-35A's produced, the majority of them the A model. Eurofighters are barely made. The F-35A requires far less maintenance due to only have a single engine and a higher quality one at that.

Unit cost for a Eurofighter Tranche 3A is ~90 million USD right now, while the F-35A went for 95 million USD in 2016. The F-35A will keep getting cheaper too, it's expected to be below 85 million in 2019.

I've never thought about how a country with limited airspace would train their airforce. Very informative picture.

Posting best plane

Gib Gripen plx

We also have other planes but this motherfucker is more than enough to win any war

Thanks for those.

That's what the F-16 is if I recall correctly. Or at least they were competing designs for the same contract. American Navy went for the F-18 because muh 2 engines are better

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1518099466542.webm

It is total crap, like all other parts of our army.
Still, I like this webm.

Mig 29?

once again a distinct lack of helicopters.

soon our tornados will be retired, what they'll be replaced with I don't know. maybe the F-35A, maybe nothing.

Don't act so smug. It kills a lot of Soldiers
...our soldiers but still

Same here.
Possible replacement: Eurofighter, F-15/F-18/F-35 with focus on the first (why buy American?).

>mfw the state of our airforce

How WWII veterans are threated in Germany today?

Yes

Dayly reminder that if you dont design and produce your own fighter jet you aint shit.

Plz buy

Right after the war nobody wanted to talk about the war. One of my grandfathers didn't tell any war stories in all his life. The babyboomers 20 years later hated their parents for all the evil nazi things they did and tried to get anyone involved in anything out of the civil service. Today most of the people (away from some edgy antifa kids) don't care at all and to be fair: there is basically nobody left that fought in this war. War ended 73 years ago, even an 18 year old soldier would be 91 years old by now, so it just i no topic anymore.
But overall the younger generation has a much healthier relation to their grandparents than these disgusting babyboomers had.

What about COIN fighters?

I see, with all this leftism around there i thought people basically hated these elders. The ones who fought in Italy here are basically forgotten.

Probably the last fighter that Sweden will be able to produce. Development costs for a 5+th gen fighter will be too high for a small country to carry on its own.

Saab should start focusing on MALE/HALE UAVs desu. European defense industry severely lacks in that department.

Considering your main task for the Air Force is COIN, Ill let it slip. You also make transports after all.

Yeah, but that has been said since the Saab 35 Draken in the 50's, that next generation will be to expensive to develop on our own, and that we cant do it.

As it turns out, the Gripen project has given back over 3 times the money we invested in its development in exports and created jobs in Sweden.
Another thing that was found out is that since we can tailor the aircraft to our specific doctrine and roadbase-systems, no costly integration would be needed, as is the case of foregin fighters. An overall very low operational cost is also a factor most Swedish fighters have had in common, and counted over a servicelenght of 50+ years, that matters a lot more then the initial developmental costs.

What I would really like too see is Saab doing something like this, but that is probably only going to stay in my dreams.

Saab is also involved in several european UAV- projects, and produces its own underwater drones.

Na, there are small groups on both sides, some hating them, some loving them (pic kinda related), but the big majority of people do not really care anymore because they have nobody left in their family that lived back then.

They actually do more transports, what's why the AirForce invested on new Airlift(pls buy). Aside from that it's most SuperTucanos intercepting Cessnas filled with drugs.

Hard to compare. For example, development costs for US fighters didn't change much between the 60s and the late 80s/90s when looking at current US dollars. This changed when 5th gen came around and it skyrocketed. And this is for a fighter that will be produced into the thousands, not just a few hundred like the Gripen (or its successor).
And besides the cost, I very much doubt that Saab has the technological know-how to develop an all aspect stealth 5th gen fighter with full sensor fusion. China half-assed it, Russia can't properly do it either and France and Germany can't do it on their own.