Big Guy shoots down Bf-109s...

Big Guy shoots down Bf-109s, a Ju-87 and He-111 with a busted up Spitfire and saves literally every main character in the movie
lands the plane and sets it ablaze while waiting to be taken prisoner

ABSOLUTELY KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=lUpvEgJEn94

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lightoller
youtu.be/wVgb54D3p2Q?t=11s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"Alas, I have become the Dunkirk"

What did he mean by this?

>Luftwaffe is a joke airforce

just like IRL

>Luftwaffe is a joke airforce
Right bud, read a book sometime. Best air force in the world at the time.

Why didn't he jump out over the beach and go home with all the other cunts? Was he retarded?

HAHA

>muh exploding jet plane prototype

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loved it right at the end when he turns the camera and grunts

>prototype
You said it yourself. For 1944 the Me-262 was a good piece of machinery and it happened to not be a prototype.

LMAO

>posts a picture that has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand
sweetie...

you needed 3000 AGL for the pilots style parachute. He was too low to jump.

>Best air force in the world at the time.
why do wehraboos know so little about history

>Big Guy
For you

I'm a Wehraboo that happens to be right. Name the superior air force at the time.

If true makes the whole movie a lot better

>"best airforce in the world"
>cannot establish air superiority over britain
>cannot defend germany from being razed to the ground
>is only good at bombing defenceless civilians and making expensive failure planes

too bad he's right.

nootka

its true, there were no ejection seats in WW2, at least not in the beginning.

You had to literary jump out or invert the plane and fall out.

>1940
>Germany being razed to the ground

And so what if they couldn't establish air superiority over Britain? They physically didn't have the amount of airtime over Britain necessarily to complete their objectives. That was a limitation based on their geography, not their ability to conduct air warfare. If Britain happened to be where France was the RAF would have gotten swatted out of the sky.

>lose nearly as many aircraft as the British do
>while operating mainly bombers
>outside of your operational territory

the RAF was the best in the world
It's not even up for debate

Don't forget having their transportation corps absolutely BTFO by the fucking Dutch
Even the French Air Force had a 2:1 kill ratio by the time of the surrender

>1944
A little late tho, user

seeand go shitpost somewhere else

>muh kill ratio
And then the French lost. Thanks French Air Force!

but it is

the french won ww2

>wehraboo so out of touch with reality he actually thinks ww2 ended in 1940

top kek

when it kicks up at 3:20 a tear came down

what part of "at the time" don't you understand?

KEK what? so they were the best airforce in the world at that precise moment? but then not like a year later? why what happened?

me-262 engines were garbage and very unreliable though

What do you mean what the fuck happened? Germany was losing and lost the war. That's what happened.

They weren't garbage and unreliable, they just required more service time for repairs like you would any other aircraft. If you're predicating how good an aircraft is due to how many times it needs repairing then every single aircraft on the planet is garbage and unreliable.

I haven't been that touched while watching a film in a long while. Just everything about it was beautiful. Definitely the most memorable scene out of the whole film.

To be fair Hardy's team leader was the second plane to be downed. Just the fact that they suffered casualties is more than you could expect from an American director.

Are you people too young to have attended middle school or what is this meme?

I thought it was pretty damn common knowledge parachuted require a decent height to function, that's why base jumping is so "extreme".
And they use modern parachutes, not World War 1 technology.

*First

Yes or no, I thought it was left unclear. However it's the second revealed to the viewer.

so he got himself caught?
what's the next step in his master plan?

If you're talking about the first RAF fighter that got shot down, yes that was the Squadron Leader and then Hardy takes command.

burning his plane
with one survivor

did he start the fire?

I saw the movie today and I'm quite certain it goes like this
>all 3 flying towards france
>nazis
>all three split
>nazi plane chases hardy's team member
>hardy chases nazi plane
>hardy downs nazi plane
>hardy asks team member if he's seen leader
>hardy spots leader's downed aircraft

The british and americans were developing jet prototypes at the time too that ended up being far superior than the germans that came out four months after the war.

You don't get extra points for finishing first

>he shot the flare into the plane to show that the fire rises

Then why didn't he crash land in the ocean like the other guy?

Yeah, they show him firing his flare gun into the cockpit. Not sure a plane would go up like that with no fuel though.

That's incredibly dangerous and chances are you'd drown.

I didn't know that about needing to be 3000' AGL to use the parachute. That seems awfully high to me. I'm more confused how he could glide a Spitfire from less than 2000 AGL, make what, 3 passes along the beach in different directions, shoot down an He111, and make another turn to land, with no hydraulics and no engine.

What's with the DSLs.

>choice of land or sea
>choose sea
hmm

I couldn't even tell which side the planes were on half the time.

American

sure buddy, just like the third reich was going to last 1000 years and germany never actually lost battles because they killed more then they lost.

>choose sea and run the risk of rescue
>choose years in a POW camp

>you needed 3000 AGL for the pilots style parachute. He was too low to jump.
I'm gonna need a salsa on that one my man

I think your idea of crash landing on ocean is skewed by the one plane doing it succesfully during the movie. It's incredibly unreliable and unsafe, most likely resulting to the death of the pilot. Not even considering the fact that he didn't have engines to use for steering.

Why didn't he just guide the plane in the direction he eventually landed in, and jumped out of the cockpit in the area where the evacuations were taking place?

Isn't that a ripoff of Nimrod?

Name a more beautiful plane

Protip: You can't

bf-109, by a small margin

Corsair

It's already pushing the suspension of disbelief that he shot down the last fighter.

superior in every way

Horrible. It looks like tinfoil.

It was a Stuka and you're right, it was really dumb. He would have falling airspeed and altitude. Hr wouldn't have been able to turn around and shoot it down.

That needed a British engine.

Wasn't there a prototype with a merlin engine?

Absolute crock of shite. Fuck off.

I'm sorry you're too pleb to recognize superior American engineering.

On a random note, which I found interesting, the yacht was flying a blue ensign, instead of the normal red ensign of British civilian vessels.

To fly a Blue ensign you must be:
>British merchant vessels whose officers and crew include a certain number of retired Royal Navy personnel or Royal Navy reservists, or are commanded by an officer of the Royal Naval Reserve in possession of a Government warrant.

So basically, the captain was ex Royal Navy. Thought that was an interesting touch that wasn't really mentioned.

The 303's they used were mostly worthless as they couldn't pen anything not made of balsa wood, and they only had a handful of hispano rounds.

The p-51 had thousands of rounds of 50cals and usually were loaded up with API

we are discussing aesthetics here, fag

I'm not talking about engineering. I'm saying that the Spitfire is fucking beautiful in a way no other plane has matched.

I was wondering that too, thanks.

Daily reminder the p51 is the only reason bong bombers could bomb Germany

Looks like someone put a bunch of bubbles on top of a paper airplane

P-51B used the Merlin iirc

Spinoff movie: Mad Tom

They literally have national markings you dunce.

Daily reminder without a Rolls-Royce this plane is a pile of shit.

You're fucking retarded

Not only were they clearly marked, the wings were completely different.

The fire rises, brother.

And nothing is more beautiful than a Mustang with a garish paintjob

Yanks proving their lack of taste as usual.

even your corsair looked better

why didn't the Allies just use the eagles to fly to England

it almost has me upset but that just sounds autistic.. but Tom Hardy is the coolest bro in hollywood right now. He shouldn't be this fucking badass but he is.. and I don't want it to sound like jealousy or hating
He really is a cool guy, I would like to hangout with him but he's too cool

>It is me starts playing

The eagles didn't want to be involved until they decided to carry the Soviets to Berlin.

Ever doubting Nolan

I think his character is based on one of the officers of Titanic who sailed down to Dunkirk on his own personal boat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lightoller

this movie sucked DICK compared to Red Tails

Y'all'd've been fucked with yall pastey british asses against nazi JETS

the red tails fought against nazi jets and WON, fuck Nolan and fuck his racist portral of the blackman. Go watch a real film

youtu.be/wVgb54D3p2Q?t=11s

Was getting caught part of his plan?

Isn't that the movie where they strafed a ship with guns and made it completely explode?

WE
WUZ
PILATS N SHEEEEIT

What is going on in this pic?

The ending of this movie was absolutely fucking kino.

T.Hardy is a badass.

Planes take evasive action as Poseidon pops a boner

>muh Spitfires
I think the reason everyone has such a boner for Spitfires is because Hawker Hurricanes literally resemble big goofy dogs.

The nose is obese. Only looks good in dark colors. Get over the myth and accept the truth.

No, Spitfires really are aesthetic. They're all curves in a way that's very pretty.