"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons."

"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK–US_extradition_treaty_of_2003
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My old polish landlord who used to work as a prison guard in the US after the cold war told me that american prisons were worse than the non-siberian gulags of the 70s.

yea, american prisons are not good places to work or live in

I's shame we have confused being civil with being civilized. Violence and brutality is an integral component of civilization.

Murder someone in the U.S. and this is your future.

>Lauri Love
>A British male
And the award for gayest name goes too......

>Violence and brutality is an integral component of civilization.
Why must you always defend each and every single thing related to your country no matter how asinine?

There's a lot I hate about this country. Our treatment of prisoners doesn't really bother me.

Look at the people in the picture lmao. Just look at their faces OH NONONONO

He’s Finnish I believe, got caught in the U.K., and an American court wanted him extradited.

desu we should treat prisoners better

>This is the state of sonyggers

should send him a bing bing wahoo machine

>He's not willing to kill 69 people for his console

Nintaussies

He's making a mockery of their system. Good.

yeah because the us prison system where rape is a common occurrence is so much better

Kek

not sure why it's even legal to let the US extradite people in the first place

Because America owns this world and others can do nothing about it. Everyone submits to Superior Americans.

That's not how it works. No one forced UK to sign this treaty.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK–US_extradition_treaty_of_2003

>That's not how it works. No one forced UK
Lel THIS is not how it works. In a world that is owned by America (and it is indeed true, no amount of kremlinshill shitposting would ever change that) you don't even need to be openly forced to accept the world leader's demands. It is being done either behind the scene or without a need for any discussions at all you dumb imbecile.

>Recidivism rates ridiculously high compared to similarly developed nations, justice system in general and prison system in particular almost designed to push inmates towards re-offending once released
>Creates dangerous, dehumanizing work environment for the guards and other non-inmate workers at the prisons
>Costs are sky-high despite piss-poor results, system run by profit-seeking prison industry that successfully lobbies poorly informed politicians who just want to throw money at the problem to make it go away

Even if you honestly believe that going to prison for any reason is a good enough justification to treat another human like an animal there are still no shortage of reasons to oppose the way American prisons are run.

They should give him a nintendo switch lmao

The Soviets made their prisons to torture human beings.
The Americans did not use logic in the development of their prisons nor did they think of their prisoners as primarily human beings.

Prison isn't though.
In the natural state if you convict someone of doing something bad, you smash their brains with a rock or choke them to death.