How did this film honestly affect you on first viewing?

How did this film honestly affect you on first viewing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SlrwjpX0FTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was shit.

I thought it was excellent.

Why?

when a movie meets withy your expectations it's a good movie. when its exceeds your expectations it's a great movie. This novie was great.

Really made me reassess what the word beautiful meant.

I thought it was shit and hated every minute of it.

Wait, I take that back, there are like, 3 or 4 seconds where I laughed. The firetruck that was set on fire.

The rest of this movie was a fucking slog.

Why?

"it was alright, maybe a little too long. iron man was better."

It was pretty good, I guess. Normal people don't really get "affected" by movies, you know.

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I was really disappointed that they killed off Two-Face.

It was boring and made to fit with the generation of wannabe edgy teenagers at the time. Just like Joker-troll Leto was meant to be an "internet troll" type Joker. Shitty character, shitty fanbase, and even shittier take on him. At least Batman TAS Joker was a worthy adversary to Batman.

I was just bored af. Heath Ledger licks his damn lips a lot whoop de damn do!

It was a great Batman movie, which is all I wanted from it.

Still the best capeshit movie, by far. I rate it 3/10.

The tense scenes felt very tense with the crescendo WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE soundtrack.

July 2008.

Bad memories.

Bad memories everywhere.

My first thought was that I simply couldn't find a single shred of Heath Ledger in The Joker. Everytime he was on-screen I was trying to figure out how the fuck is that Heath Ledger.
Hell of a turn in his career, I still find him unrecognizable in that role to this day.

apart from the opening bank heist, aaron eckhart's scenes, heath ledger's scenes, and the mid-point chase sequence i watched it in total passivity.

when people rewatch the movie do they skip past the Hong Kong sequence where the ultimate point of everything is just "batman captures this guy so he can testify against the mob"

and then that guy does nothing else but agree to testify, then get killed off-screen by the joker at the end. and yet they spent 15-20 minutes on him.

By far the best capeshit. The plot was actually interesting for once. Best Joker imaginable.

It was a good action movie but a bad Batman.
There is nothing Batmanish in this movie, set in full dylight, explosions everywhere. No comics feeling at all

It bored me to tears and kept me rolling my eyes at the pretentiousness. Typical Nolan fare.

:^)

he really is oddly unrecognizable. i've often wondered if you'd get the same effect had they gone with one of the designs where he doesn't have makeup. there's nothing detectable of ledger in the voice, facial expressions, or body language.

it's easy to dismiss a role like the joker as nothing but showboating and random tics, but i've seen very few actors truly disappear into a character like this. that alone is impressive.

this. It's not a comic book movie. It's a crime drama featuring Batman

A really good cop/manhunt/detective thriller but a pretty lame Batman movie. In fact I don't think a single one of Nolan's movies really understands what Batman is about.

Also Ledger utterly and completely defied all expectation regarding his casting. He really earned that oscar.

I thought that they could have made it slightly less dark in terms of lighting.

I remember it being one of the most fun experiences I've had watching a movie at the theater, went to an IMAX showing at like 2am the day it came out. Everybody was hyped.

Considering all of the Comic Con and viral ARG hype that had preceded it (which to me seemed like something pretty new at the time), this was an undeniable spectacle upon release, but of course it kind of falls apart upon further scrutiny like most Nolan movies. I think it honestly just gets worse every time I rewatch it. Too many utterly unnecessary scenes, time spent exploring one side of the story and leaving others completely underdeveloped.

I liked the bits that ripped off Micheal Mann
I didn't like the bits that Nolan should have edited out. His films are always 30 mins longer than they need to be. (Maybe not Dunkirk. I guess it's pretty short)

I thought it was pretty great. Still do.

I was pleasantly surprised because I wasn't expecting this sort of Joker, or a hard PG-13.
youtu.be/SlrwjpX0FTY

this. what the fuck. that's why I consider it one of the best performances I've ever seen

Ledger was awesome, the makeup for two-face was shit.

I thought it was p good

Before seeing this I idolized Batman. After seeing it I realized the Joker makes more sense.

why was heath's method acting kino and leto's method acting shit