The Lion King (2019) will be the biggest film of all-time

>Donald Glover as Simba
>Beyonce as Nala
>James Earl Jones as Mufasa
>Huge Jackedman as Scar
>John Oliver as Zazu
>Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
>All the original Hans Zimmer, African, sing-a-long karaoke and Elton John music
>The same advanced photorealistic CGI from Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book" which rapidly became the biggest grossing remake of all-time, shortly before another CGI remake (Beauty and the Beast 2017) overtook it.
>This is the remake of what was at one point in time, the highest selling home video of all-time.

If this movie does not become the highest grossing Disney film ever, at the very least it will become the most streamed/purchased film ever for a period of time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ok

"remake"

The cgi animal characters in the Jungle Book only worked because they were secondary to the human actor.

I have a tough time seeing them balancing the realism with anthropomorphism that will be necessary for the CGI characters to carry all the story weight.

We'll probably end up with something resembling more of a super-detailed pixar-looking movie.

trailer where?

Post sinks

>live action
>it's entirely a cgi cast
Stop this.

>The Lion King (2019) will be the biggest film of all-time

Stop dickriding, this wont even make Beauty and the Beast numbers

>white guy as the villian while the good guys are blacks and Jews

figures.

Never stop being so obvious, Hollywood.

>literally the exact same movie with a different animation style and a similar cast

Why?

>Seth Rogen as Pumbaa

casting Seth Rogen as a retarded fat pig is solid.

So are they using real lions, or is this a CGI lion? If it is, it looks pretty good. If they're using real lions, that's fucking crazy.

Live action finding nemo when?

Out of 4 main characters 3 are negros, and the white one is the main antagonist? Sounds about right.

Came here to ask this.

What's the point? The Lion King was a great movie, which is why we don't need to make it anymore. It already exists.

Are the people at Disney so creatively bankrupt that they need to recycle the glory of days gone?

Or did some suit just calculate that this is the most efficient cashgrab they can produce?

go back ( you are in the wrong side of history)

Low effort reply:

>WE WUZ LYN KANGZ

>12% of population
>90% of cast

How diverse!

people were doing worse things for far less money xD

Why they just couldn't get Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Simba and Rowan Atkinson as Zazu since they got James Earl Jones, the millennials would be all over this

That's exactly what this is. They barely have to write scripts or advertise. Just recreate all the old cartoons(poorly) and sit back and count your billions.

>Are the people at Disney so creatively bankrupt that they need to recycle the glory of days gone?

that's all they ever did.

>mfw they're making a Mulan live action turd but they already confirmed that all songs have been cut

it's probably because youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE would be too problematic now.

Other than Beyonce, I'd say that cast is pretty perfect for voice acting. Donald Glover improves most everything he's in and James Earl Jones is perfect for Mufasa. I'm a little hesitant about le wacky British man but the role does suit him.

Seriously? That's a damn shame. "A Girl Worth Fighting For," is the best song in any Disney movie.

>you are in the wrong side of history

That's not an argument. That's just saying: In my estimation things are going my way right now so why don't you give up?

Liberals love to believe that as time passes the world will somehow magically gravitate towards what they consider to be 'progress', but the world doesn't bend to your will and the future has a very broad spectrum of possibilities.

We would probably both be surprised if we could see what the world looks like in a 100 years. To believe we know today, who will be 'on the right side of history' is nothing but a telltale sign of arrogance and foolishness.

>no songs
further into the trash it goes

Did you see Rogue One? JEJ is sounding very old.

>casting black people to voice African characters is bad
If anything, the one out of place here is Hugh Jackman.
Would you cast white people to voice Kirikou ?

Hope not the songs are what made it great.
Hope Eddie Murphy comes back

>James Earl Jones is perfect for Mufasa
He was. Do you think they even bothered to pay him to rerecord the lines?

only reason it's going to work and will be big *again* is because lions are the most popular shit ever.

Jews make up 5% of the population so what?

I thought Hugh Jackman was confirmed not in the cast though? Is Beyonce a lock?

>blacks and their hilarious jewish sidekicks wage war against the evil whiteman (played by huge jackman)

kek thanks disney

>John Oliver

>photorealistic CGI
kill me

>only worked because they were secondary to the human actor.
HAHAHA, little faggot ruined the whole fucking film. Spent hundreds of millions just to have to some shitty child actor ruin the whole thing.

So... can they speak normal or is it going to be 'ebonics'?

I really don't like donald glover. He ruined himself by being childish gambino.

I feel like he's being force fed to people.