Even if I work for one hour, I can not buy cabbage in Japan

Images from the Twitter

Cabbage is overrated.

So cheap here though.
Look just imagine myself eating a lot of cabbage, matter of fact even the poorest Romanian buys them by the sack, in autumn mostly.
You mad?

Dumb romanian poster. Japanese cabbage folded five thousand times, not same as your shitty no-fold cabbage.

>work for one hour
>can buy a full fucking lunch in the city

Is it really 1968JPY or am I reading this wrong?
According to google that's almost 18USD. How much cabbage does 18USD get you in Japan?

We have all sorts of cabbage.
I also enjoy red cabbage which is as cheap.
I have salad in my fridge right now?

I don't know which is worse, that the cabbage would be 1968 yen or that the wage would be about 900 yen per hour.

>14,50€ for cabbage
What the actual fuck

>he doesn't make even 14,50€/h in his job
I thought all japs have academics degree and shiiet.

It's not 1968JPY, it's is 1 for 968JPY.

>7,20€
That still insane compared that you can get one here for 60cent.

also:
What the actual fuck whta jap doesn't even get 7,20€ per hour? Minimum wage here is like 8,80€/h.

Here it's 0.5E

Thanks for clearing that up.

That's still 9 USD for a single cabbage. Damn
Here it's around ~2PLN per kg which makes it between 3-3.5PLN per a single cabbage (around 1 USD)

minimum wage in japan is 693JPY = 5.16€

>8.1 AUD

Fuck me.

>work 0 hours
>still afford a full lunch every day

>cabbage here is more expensive than in Poland

I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. Food (produce, not really the processed stuff) is the one thing in Poland that's extremely cheap compared to what average Pole earns.

Food here is also very cheap.
Lol it's because of EU agrar subsidies.

Pure communism.

Also Poland has lower VAT for produce.

>Lol it's because of EU agrar subsidies.
can't complain really.

I'm all in for government mandated compassionate omnivorism and heavy taxation of processed food (also known as junk)

I grow cabbages in my garden, you are a fucking pleb.

>I grow cabbages in my garden
For that you need a piece of land which the average nip is unable to afford

But in my anime all of them live in houses with a garden

Why do Japanese do this?

yeah and all of them have blue/green eyes, blonde/brown hair and surprisngly european looking appearance

Huehue

Why does she have toothpaste around her neck?

high cost of living, low wages, long working hour, small house.. japan is literally hell on earth.

I'm studying moonrunes to move to japan as a meme teacher in about a year. It seems like the cost of living is fairly low. Rent is cheaper than US cities. Food is expensive in grocery stores, but can be quite affordable to eat out. Is that correct? I don't care how small it is, I think american homes are too big. And both my housemates work 60 hours a week, so again...

I'd never spend almost ten bucks on a fucking cabbage. I bought a giant one here thinking it would be cheap, but it was $4 and I was angry. Then again, fish in japan is probably dirt cheap and high quality compared to here. I'm interior so fish has to be shipped in, and it's ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Educate me senpai.

Did you know we have G-A-B-B-A-G-E?

nipoors btfo

I thought sharts don't eat green plant food because it's processed enough and lacks cornsyrup.

that's price per kilogram not per a single cabbage m88 unless the cabbage is precisely 1kg

Yeah but even if OP one weighs 2, it's still miles off

In Japan, all veggies are super expensive.
If you need for vitamin shot for (relatively) cheap, rely on spring onions, some mushrooms (they are cheap here) as meat/protein replacement (because meat is also expensive here) and mix them with 78yen cheap Yakisoba that comes in triple-pack.

NEVER EVER go and eat Pizza just because you are American and miss it. It's not worth it. We dont know how to make Pizza (trust me, it tasted horrible even before I visited europe and got to know how a real one tastes) and sell it to you for an arm and a leg. You literally take your fancy date to eat Pizza if you want to impress her - let that sink in for a moment.
There is literally no cheap fastfood in Japan either, so dont bother. Maybe some 500 yen Gyudon-set form Sukiya, if that fits the bill...

Actually, dont even come here. It's hell on earth and no, you wont get a girlfriend here because you are poor and noone likes poor people (also because you wont be able to join ANY social activities to get to know people since they are super expensive). And no, this place is not Anime. Well, it is, but only the worst parts of anime.

What about frozen veggies though? Are they expensive?

>minimum wage in japan is 693JPY
That's ¥737 even in Okinawa. Are you a chink slave?

Depending on the store (not bought from the Konbeni), you can get for cheap. But they taste shite.

Also remember, everything in Japan is micro-sized.
What we call "normal serving" is a starvation serving in the West. Dont even think about getting full for below 600 yen.

>What we call "normal serving" is a starvation serving in the West.
It's all about proper nutritioning not eating like a pig though. Do most westerners lose weight when they come to japan?

underrated

I think you need to experience it yourself what "normal serving" means here.
I shit you not, I'm actually impressed about japanese people who managed to grow fat here. They must have had extremely rich parants.

Just for an idea: A 5kg bag of rice costs around 1800yen for the cheapest. And rice is literally our staple food here.

Think about how long a 5kg bag of rice lasts a child who is in the growth phase...

Do you have Aldi or Lidl in Japan?

Japan is already a poor country because of US fucking A and its puppet Abe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....

i fucking wish.

>Dont even think about getting full for below 600 yen.
everything i got from hidakaya and yoshinoya was 550-650 yen and always filled my fat ass up
and they were way heathier than anything you could fill up on with $5 here

You are like a little child.

Let me show you this.

$6.37
well fuck me

that's black company tier

Then why haven't you gone back to North "Heaven on Earth" Korea?

kek

>A 5kg bag of rice costs around 1800yen
wtf japan

Life must be hard in Jopan

>those calluses
stop doing manual labor and be poor

but yeah, shit sucks.

0 foreign competition drives up prices. Funny how the 1% convinced the other 99% that nationalism was to everyone's benefit.

If China got a foothold in the Japanese market that cabbage would cost a tenth in 10 years.

That's around 2,7€ a kilo, non-trash rice costs around 3€ a kilo here. Then again potatoes are more our staple and they're cheap as dirt, like 1,2€ a kilo.

Goddamn, no wonder Japan has so many depressed and suicidal NEETs

Yeah. To be fair tho, these are classified as fruits here - and people actually gift fruits (such as grapes, apples, pears) as christmas gifts or as presents for weddings. If you want to eat grapes, for example, be prepared to pay up to 1900yen for maybe 200g.

Yep. Everytime I go to Taiwan or China for visit, I just fucking stuff my face full of veggies, fruits and meat. Seriously, the people there live so cheap its unfair.

I would be seriously pissed to recieve tomatoes for my wedding.

This is why you buy cabbage in 1/4 pieces here for 158 yen.