Why did Marvel even allow this run to happen?

Why did Marvel even allow this run to happen?

This shit is basically just shit on T'challa each month

Well, he deserves it.

Namor please

>not having democracy
yeah, he deserves it
Gaddafi him

Well the last solo was done by Hudlin, which was "Stroke his T'Challa every month".

>implying monarchies aren't cool as fuck in fiction

Hudlin didn't write his last solo

Isnt that every BP comic?

Because Axel Alonso thinks you don't need to be an actual comic book writer to write Black Panther, you just need to be black.

So for years he gave the book to Hudlin, who for years had been more a director and producer than a writer, and now he's given it to Coates, who isn't even a fiction writer and has no credentials beyond being a well-known writer/blogger who likes comic books.

Isn't Wakanda like the side of Rhode Island? That would be easy as hell to govern. Compared to countries like Saudi Arabia. Hell, it'd be easy as shit because he's also the Pope of his people right.

He has a literal Mandate of Heaven, how the fuck are lesbians in armor that doesn't cover the mid section doing anything? Like shit Wakandians must be like the worst followers ever no wonder Bast never appears as a sexy catgirl.

I read two issues of this and it didn't hook me. Does it get better Sup Forums?

Wakanda is what would happen if you took any given unstable African nation and threw super tech and magic bullshit on top of it. Wakanda is literally always in a process of revolt, insurrection, rebellion, civil war, invasion famine chaos and disarray. There has never been a BP run were it hasn't shat itself constantly. In fact Ta Nehesi made it a plot point with the fact that tchaka hates his job and his life and is basically a battered housewife.

Seriously Wakanda a shit. It makes Hub City look like Metropolis.

i think it's pretty great

Issue 4 hooked me, but that's because it appeals to my specific tastes in fiction, with a complicated web of shitty people being set up to clash..

>Makes Hub City look like Metropolis

Let's not get too hasty there, user

Oh I know about the Civil Wars and tribal warfare. But seriously T'Challa has a god and has fought a man who is the best sorcerer and his intellectual equals to a near stand still.

I'd be fine watching a run where T'Challa and court say fuck it and abdicates the throne. And lets the African Bolshieviks, safe gays, and Warlords duke it out while he protects them from most outside threats. Have some of the country be taken over by some other shit hole while they tear themselves a part. Make him unite the tribes by fighting for them when he isn't King or have Shuri do that and finally be truely worthy in the eyes of Bast. I didn't like Hudlin, but I'd like at least a run where T'Challa is hated and gets his grove back and something matters. Besides Priests run.

Should it be a smooth ride all the way?

T'Challa had been played up as an almost Batman-level Dark Knight Sue until pretty much Hackman came in.

>T'Challa had been played up as an almost Batman-level Dark Knight Sue until pretty much Hackman came in.
>Never read a Black Panther comic - the post

What is Kilmonger's Revolution?
What is the Jabari Tribe?
Who was Achebe?
What was the Latverian Invasion?

Honestly, you should just leave Sup Forums and never come back.

As far as I'm concerned BP should be a warrior priest king and not an actual superhero. He should only be BP in international regions when it's a global super powered crisis.

He also shouldn't don the suit as much as Bruce dons the Bat Suit because unlike Bruce he can solve problems through diplomacy, his secret services, his military and suchlike rather than punching the shit out of people. If he's in the suit it's because he's been stripped of his resources or he's been forced into it by the laws or traditions of his people.

He also needs enemies who oppose him for good and logical reasons like for example wanting a separation of church and state or the switch to democracy but using the wrong methods

Also they need to decide whether BP's abilities are spiritual, herb version of the super serum or technological as well as nailing down his power level

His last solo where he was Black Panther, and not a Daredevil fill-in.

Just about every comic since Hudlin wrote it he's been portrayed as such.

The director of the BP movie has gone on the record stating that he loves this run and it is heavily influencing the movie.

Should we be worried?

>Since Hudlin
>Mayberrry - Doom invades Wakanda - vibranium is destroyed
>Liss - Wakanda gets fucked by Kingpin - T'Challa rallies w/ keikaku
>Aaron - X-Men attack Wakanda - Golden City gets Namor'd

Go away.

At least it ain't Hudlin's

All publicity talk either way

Remember, the actress who plays Scarlet Witch was sent House of M and an actress in Ant-Man was sent Irredeemable Ant-Man, which isn't even about either of the two Ant-Men in the movie.

I think they just have to claim to like modern comics to stroke the egos of the people working there.

No, because the run is getting good.

>Why did Marvel even allow this run to happen?

They think having Coates on the book because he's black and wrote an acclaimed nonfiction book he's qualified for writing Black Panther.

I think Coates would've been better on someone like Falcap (or possibly even Luke Cage).

I don't understand this shit.
You'd think that Marvel Studios and Marvel TV would have access to some sort of "Marvel Vault" that would be this huge archive of everything they've ever printed, and that upon casting someone as an iconic character and contracting writers and directors, they'd make pertinent runs and issues readily available?!

Why did Marvel even let TNC write for them

>"Yeah you wrote a book that sold well, let's ignore the fact that your claim to fame is a bugfuck retarded call for reparations that will never happen ever"

I mean, I'm not a Sup Forumsack or anything, but how did Coates become such a beloved public figure? Like he was a nobody before the reparations bit, then somehow everyone forgot how utterly insane that was and his book sold really well because Ferguson, now Marvel picked him up to write Black Panther because...?

>some sort of "Marvel Vault" that would be this huge archive of everything they've ever printed
They don't actually have one, no. Perlmutter didn't want them to have one because it would be wasting money to make and store all those comics.

Never forget that Perlmutter is the biggest jew alive.

Yes because African democracies have been so wonderful so far.

This upsets me user.

Botswana has done well

Where the fuck is Botswana?

>Reparations—by which I mean the full acceptance of our collective biography and its consequences—is the price we must pay to see ourselves squarely. The recovering alcoholic may well have to live with his illness for the rest of his life. But at least he is not living a drunken lie. Reparations beckons us to reject the intoxication of hubris and see America as it is—the work of fallible humans.

I read the entire reperations article. The main thrust of it that centuries of policies, usually made in the pursuit of money, disenfranchised black people and has fucked the country up morally in a way most of the country wants to ignore. He doesn't even explicitly call for reperations I.E. The government should give all black people money. He calls for a bill to pushed through to explore reperations called HR 40.

>John Conyers’s HR 40 is the vehicle for that hearing. No one can know what would come out of such a debate. Perhaps no number can fully capture the multi-century plunder of black people in America. Perhaps the number is so large that it can’t be imagined, let alone calculated and dispensed. But I believe that wrestling publicly with these questions matters as much as—if not more than—the specific answers that might be produced. An America that asks what it owes its most vulnerable citizens is improved and humane. An America that looks away is ignoring not just the sins of the past but the sins of the present and the certain sins of the future. More important than any single check cut to any African American, the payment of reparations would represent America’s maturation out of the childhood myth of its innocence into a wisdom worthy of its founders.

Doesn't sound insane or implausible to me, at least in feasibility, ignoring how it'd be nearly impossible to pass it.

He also wrote a best selling book, was interested in writing for them, and could lend star power to the book and maybe bring new readers in with him.

his book is really well written?

His reparations article also made a big impact because he switched the argument from reparations for slavery (which is too long ago) or Jim Crow (which didn't exist everywhere) to stuff like federal housing policy and other things that made it harder for black people to get ahead. He had a reparations argument that would finally work for the whole country, even if it's not very serious. (I think many Americans would accept reparations in return for dismantling all affirmative action programs etc., but that's never going to happen.)

Coates is a guy who has lived without much direct experience of white racism (there's basically one anecdote he has about a white lady who was rude to him) and this actually works to his advantage because a lot of people have the same experience, they don't have their parents and grandparents' stories of direct racism but they still want to know what's wrong with the system that makes it hard for other people to get ahead. His appeal is mostly to the middle class, black or white.

Whether all of this adds up to him being the right writer for Black Panther, I have no idea. He wasn't hired for his experience.

>every character us drawn the same, making it difficult to establish the difference between each one
>every name is difficult to remember, therefore making it easy to confuse characters
>every setting looks the same and is also difficult to remember by name
>have no idea what is going on because the writer doesn't want to establish any plot