Why are they trying to make the females seem "badass" in this series so hard?

Why are they trying to make the females seem "badass" in this series so hard?

I can't name a single time I've thought Arya or Dany or any other has done something like that. It always seems so forced, is it just me?

Arya is ok

Daenerys just has fucking plot armour

>yes it's just you
>just like when you have sex

Cersei always manages to pull it off pretty well, especially that one time where she BTFO Littlefinger.

Just you

Dany is annoying but Arya is badass

I mean, to become a member of the most elite guild of assassins by itself is pretty cool

She didn't even graduate.

>Series is written by a liberal, left wing man who identifies as a feminist
>REEEE WHY ARE WOMEN STRONG

Can you define badass?

To me I think yeah Arya is edgy with her sword and killing list sometimes but she also had non edgy days

It's just the last appearance was ridiculous

>No former work experience
>Dropped put from assassin school
>All her character references are dead
>Kingdoms in a depression
Poor girl

>Doing something an assassin would do is ridiculous when a girl does it.

LITERALLY YOU.

>Why are they trying to make the females seem "badass" in this series so hard?

Because it's a show that appeals mostly to women and numales.

Brienne is pretty badass without it being forced, Daenerys is just untouchable, it seems, and Arya is a little girl.

How old is she supposed to be at this point? It's hard to tell because of her fetal alcohol syndrome face and the terrible writing.

Killing walder frey was believable, but when she gave a speech imitating his voice perfectly that's when it went into the trash.

Arya and Daenerys are the biggest fucking Mary Sues in fiction.

I guess. I'm not sure how to describe it, but every time they want me to go "oh fuck yeah" or "holy shit" when Arya kills someone or Dany owns someone it just completely misses me. It almost feels just unrealistic?

No. Literally the only badass woman apart from Cersei - for different reasons - is Karsi, pic related.

>No bullshit
>No posturing/grandstanding
>She just is

Prove me wrong

I swear it wasn't this bad in the first seasons

>Why are they trying to make the females seem "badass" in this series so hard?

Literally only 3
Brienne who supposed to be ugly as hell
Dany and Arya

Stop being so easily triggered OP. This is a show with ice zombies and dragons.

>It's hard to tell because of her fetal alcohol syndrome face

What did he mean by this...?

OP, have you seen the intended audience for game of thrones? It's literally this room yelling "YAAASSS QUEEEN SLAAAAAAAY"

why are the wildling women so based user

RIP Ygritte

And they dedicate way too much time pushing their their stronk womyn and too little time for the latter

>stronk womyn and too little time for the latter

And yet this board is always talking about how the earlier seasons were much better when it was more about politics and less about dragons and ice zombies.

What Arya does is pretty cool, but not entirely unrealistic either (surviving multiple stab wounds to the gut notwithstanding) her whole shtick is that she's an assassin. She lacks the power of your average warrior/fighter/soldier/etc and her name doesn't mean much in her circumstances. Her wolf is gone. So she plays dirty. I'd understand the complaints if she killed every Frey in that hall in single combat or just Altair'd the whole room in a frenzy of rage and gore. But she just fucking disguised herself and poisoned everyone.

Same sort of deal with Brienne. I mean, she's powerful, but it clearly doesn't do her many favors given the expectations set on her as a Lady. And her being able to keep her own in a fight isn't that out of the question either. She was trained, a lot of the people she fought weren't. And when they were, she rarely left the fight unharmed. She also has good armor, and probably one of the best swords you can have.

It's really Dany that's the problem.

In the books Brienne almost loses to Jaime despite him being held captive for several months and was starving and exhausted, in the show she manhandled him.

You're right. I weren't just talking about how realistic it is, but Arya as an assassin and Brienne feels pretty believable. But I mostly just get tired of the feeling where I feel like they are trying to impress the viewer and just rather fall flat on their face

it's not hard to get bro

just watch /any/ reaction video on youtube and you'll see normies lap that shit up, they'll whoop and holler and clap whenever Arya does anything or Brienne says anything or Dany breathes, the writers know this and they're riding it to death

You're just not a normie and can see past the superficiality of a scene, it's nbd

I think I've just yet to realize just how "normie" this show has really gotten

It began around season 3 I think when everyone and their mom felt the need to post their "reaction" to the red wedding

This is why I contend the first two seasons were still the best, the more interesting characters were still around and making moves and the dialogue had an actual reference, now it's a monster of its own and I just watch it out of necessity

The first episode was full-on pandering late-simpsons-guest-appearance lets-try-make-memeworthy-sharp-cut-scenes trash. Last season was god-awful phone-it-in walking-dead-tier writing with pandering feminist shit. Season before that dragged but had some great moments. S4 had a few bad episodes. S3 made you want to watch another episode that week but also had too much dany. S1 and S2 were amazing but cockteases.

Ah, over-hyphenating, an easy telltale sign of someone with crippling autism

You aren't trying hard enough

stream link plox

>stream
comfyzone but you cant go fullscreen

I like Cersei. I also like Arya, but I don't like her sudden supper skills. They didn't show her learning much, she spent most of her time in Bravos scrubbing floors and getting beaten with a stick.

because that's literally how things happen in the books retard

you know, a book series written by a feminist. not some jewish masonic grand martian conspiracy you retards always like coming up with

That was really stupid on her part. All she did was piss off a guy that does everything in the shadows, where her guards don't exist.

can someone give the hbo go link of the stream, or am i retarded because i cant find shit

Bugmen, bugmen all.

There isn't an equivalent in the books but that show scene fulfills the same purpose as the Cersei chapters, which is to show you that she's become very overconfident and short-sighted in terms of how she's using her authority.