JSA Storytime: JLI

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

it's time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6B9oiWaUaQ
twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/762000744639762432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Time for..what?

so what was good today, other than the complete nuclear rage of the Lois fandom on twitter?

and the last page of Flintstones, I sniffled

Superwoman and Deathstroke were good #1s, which makes my wallet hurt

And speaking of hurting, VISION

it's going to end so badly

I actually really liked Superwoman, I wasn't expecting anything going in but I enjoyed it

I like that Lois & Lana's relationship isn't straight up antagonistic but they aren't OMG BFFS 4 LYFE! either, they are two driven women with several things in common and it would be to their benefit to work together even if they don't totally get along

I am also not a big Loisfag so I don't really care if Jimenez somehow wronged her in some obtuse way, I liked how she was portrayed here

Deathstroke was fucking great, Slade is a total piece of shit he's also an A+ silver fox husbando

Flintstones was amazing as expected

Oh and the Year One storyline in Wonder Woman is the superior one

Steve is cute

Deathstroke is really gay.
Like MGS/Big Boss/Kaz/Ocelot levels of gay
I love it

I need more of Young Slade and Young Wintergreen
Thankfully Priest likes flashbacks

Punished Stroke and Wintercelot is a very good thing

Work with Rucka and Isabella

Things definitely happened today, in more than one place.

Suicide user didn't turn up today.
I hope he didn't abandon us like GA and Wally West user since I missed JSA anons SS stoytime

It's just really funny to see which tacks the angry Lois fans are taking, because there's

-Lana is a Mary Sue designed for and by men who shouldn't appeal to any women reading
-It was a CRUEL deception that's unfair to fans who deserve better
-Lana's positive traits all actually belong to Lois
-Women writing/in Editorial wouldn't have done anything like this, this is known by magic

that's pretty gay

Nice husbando books this week, New Super-Man and Prieststroke

I liked Superwoman but I'm not looking forward to the full month of people shitposting about something that won't stick.

Vision was good as usual.

MAI WAIFU~

NSM is just ridiculously cute in all areas

Hello Storyteller.

>So what was good today?
Wondy was cute, and RHATO was surprisingly good. Somehow Lobdell discovered some competence. Artemis appeared on the last two pages, and she was delicious.

I know not many people cared about uncle sam glad to classic back

All those points are something I find funny because imo that issue is the best Lois has been portrayed in a looooong time

I still can't decide if Wintergreen is more Ocelot or Kaz.
Personality, purpose and rescue wise he's closer to Kaz but that ponytail screams Ocelot, though he'll be losing it soon going by #1s cover

A lot! I don't think anything I read today was bad. Visions, Flintstones, Deathstroke, Superwoman, Red Hood, Providence. It was all nice. The Wonder Woman early days story is so much better-paced than the one set currently, which is a shame because we've seen it all before.

I do wish they hadn't done that kill off at the end because I really liked the dynamic of them working together. We'll see how that pans out in the series I guess.

Would those places happen to be in the region of muh dick?

I saw some loon claiming that men liked the book but women didn't? maybe it would be more accurate to say some women liked the book and some women that are obsessive and extremely particular Lois fans didn't care for it

I don't get the hate for Lana at all, why is it so horrible that she's good at science

It's like the purest form of fun teen book, it's nice to have that.

>-It was a CRUEL deception that's unfair to fans who deserve better
I can't fucking believe people think Lois is actually dead

do they think she's been a Hydra member her whole life too?

what book was this?

>I don't get the hate for Lana at all
cause she's good at things and isn't Lois

youtube.com/watch?v=d6B9oiWaUaQ

A priest interview

I wanna see her fight with that GINORMOUS fucking axe.

yeah, he LOOKS more like Ocelot, and we all know Ocelot was BB's true husbando so I guess it depends on how antagonistic they are

attitude wise he was more Kaz-ish plus there was the rescue

getting Kaz and Ocelot rolled into one is just twice the husbando though so this is fine

SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO AND BOOMERANG

what's Uncle Sam showing up in?

I have no grounding for opinions on N52 Lois but there's a coterie of fans on Twitter who want something that conforms very exactly to a number of points and they're harassers of anyone who feels differently.

Just reposting what I said in Deathstroke thread

It won't be a straight up fight, this'll be were they explore the
>I got money, time and experience, you can't prove I did shit in a court
Supes won't lay a finger on him

>what's Uncle Sam showing up in?
SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: EL DIABLO AND BOOMERANG

>tfw he called Wintergreen Slade's partner
GAAAAAAAAAAAAY

kiss pls

Tockman straight up called him
>Your loved one
In the actual issue, though I guess that was to make him think it was Rose or something
Think Priest would make Slade bi?

>Isabella
Who?
Also post yfw Waid is the new Legion writer.

>Think Priest would make Slade bi?
I want it so bad

I don't know if it's clear from the issue that Slade was expecting that was Wintergreen.

>Who?
Geoff johns made peace with black Lightning creator

>The Wonder Woman early days story is so much better-paced than the one set currently, which is a shame because we've seen it all before.
The mother-daughter stuff makes it worth it, honestly. That, and Philippus very politely telling Steve to shut the hell up for a second.

>that one thread where the OP was bitching about the "Muslim" Amazon
Poe's Law in action.

Huh, that's unexpected

Tony Isabella

Tony Isabella, iirc he was having some rights/royalties issues with Black Lightning but Didio helped sort it out

he also wrote that cute 80s Hawkman run

Hey thread! Comics where fucking amazing today.

Wonder Woman had the best issue yet, I really like dropping the "Diana enters in disguise and wins" part of her origin and LOVED the new Trial of Flashing Thunder

New Super-Man is just a great new character

Superwoman was dense as fuck and I kinda loved it? Gonna keep reading, when are we gonna talk about how batshit the Super books are? Now we got Red and Blue Supermans again!

ANAD Avengers was Vision vs Kang!! and Viz kidnapped baby Kang I'm really into that book. Kamala's fanfic was amazing

Black Panther continues to improve, really interested to read it all at once.

haven't gotten to Vision, All Star Bats, Flintstones, or Deathstroke yet.

He's writing Champions and adult!Avengers for Marvel, isn't he?

I'm pretty convinced that's probably just a hallucination of some sort based on the fear buildup right before. And on the podcast Jimenez did earlier this week it seemed like he was trying to downplay the last page twist as if something was coming to explain it so I don't imagine it's meant to be a huge thing.

Today it was so hot, I left an ice coffee in my car for an hour and when I got it it was literally as hot as if it just came out of the pot.

Stay cool, OP.

Flintstones is fucking amazing yet again

It provides a bit of comfort that we're not getting Prez Second Term.

Today was a damn good day for comics, this is the most single issues I've read it one day in months

even HJGLC wasn't too bad!

>Huh, that's unexpected
Agreed i guess black uncle SAM is getting retcon

New Superman was pretty good. Chinese Wondy is kinda tsundere, and Chinese Batman loves his job.

it fucking SUCKS, man. I went out yesterday and did all the shitwork.

Daddy Sinestro is working that cape

The real election ended up closer to Prez than anyone expected anyway.

>Black Uncle Sam retconned
>Black Tockman retconned
Priest is gaining more power

did they confirm no Prez 2nd Term?!?! that's bullshit! at least put out a special one shot in November DC!

Can't reboot a Legion without Waid!

If he's on the LoSH book I blame OP's evil sigil magic

How often do you see Funky Flashman referenced by not-Kirby?

I'm amazed at just how much is in Flintstones. It casts a really wide net and the goofy, not-real prehistoric setting is used so effectively.

That's a good point, NSM feels like a teen book--maybe it's got the sort of thing Pak couldn't quite get going in TT, in part because it has no baggage

I saw something on twitter from Aug 1 saying "12 page election special", but I wonder if the schedule just didn't work out, or what

Dad Blade is dead now, too

I fucking lost it at the Unitarians joke

clearly they can't publish Second Term because the hypercrisis is TOO real with that book

Hey, user! You appear to be excited as fuck!

>Wonder Woman had the best issue yet, I really like dropping the "Diana enters in disguise and wins" part of her origin
Agreed. I like how the Amazons themselves are portrayed, as people. Weird people perhaps, but shut people. Between this and Earth One, maybe, MAYBE the Amazons are back on track to escaping the strawman bullshit.

EAT SHIT, TOM

>Dad Blade is dead now, too
I wonder if Seeley was asked about an exclusive before with everybody else, but turned it down cause he wanted to do Blade

I wouldn't be suprised if Kid Blade shows up somewhere anyway, would totally fit with the current push. Maybe Ghost Rider supporting cast?

let's be real it's this.

he's not wrong..... did something prompt that tweet?

The graphic novel inspired by the New York Times bestselling investigative blockbuster Clinton Cash has entered a second printing just 24 hours after its official launch and now stands at #5 on the Amazon bestsellers list.

Man Snyder is either really mad about Duke not being Robin or maybe kinda has a point even if the character in practice is still pretty much a Robin right now
I liked ASBs art and Gentlemen Ghost

Also did anyone pick up Teen Titans:Earth One vol 2 today?

And Citizen V.

Yeah seems likely

Maybe Blade just wasn't moving forward for whatever reason so he said fuck it and signed with DC

Did that even get a first issue? What a shame, I though that premise had some potential.

He's not wrong. Nerds have only themselves to blame when they only buy comics when they do stuff they don't like.

>he's not wrong
He's a hypocrite since he also approves Captain Marvel comics which sell like shit

Right, "this project that was okayed got yanked back into development hell" is a good motivator to go exclusive with the Distinguished Competition.

Citizen V was almost certainly the Bolts book we got, it's Death's Head who's MIA

>he's not wrong
I thought Robinson's Fantastic Four was pulling in decent numbers, it was his Invaders that was bombing

Why can't they just admit that MCU influences the comics and their decisions?
They don't really give a fuck about things that can't be used in the MCU, like FF and X Men, but they'll push the hell out of things slated to appear or things that COULD make an appearances, even if said things sell bad

between Vison's and JRJR's variant for ASB this might've been the best week for covers 2016
no one ever went broke pandering to republicans

FF sold better than Inhumans and Carol.

FF STILL sells better than how both of those things sell now.

But they'll keep relaunching them because of the MCU.

Yeah, there's *definitely* stuff that sells worse at Marvel that they keep going because they 1) want to make it happen 2) aren't in a deeply bitter feud with the people who own the other rights to it.

Like Captain Marvel, which survived the axing that RSH and Journey into Sifstery mercilessly got.

I saw Bilquis Evely is doing one of the Flintstones covers. I very badly want her to get some more mainstream work, ideally something that lets her use all this badass medieval sketch art she posts often.

i feel like i saw someone mention death head's was still in play somehow/where.

he's also said that the general public doesn't get the actual numbers they base decisions on.

i have no recollection. they seemed creatively in a rut post-Hickman.

>Citizen V was almost certainly the Bolts book we got

But that doesn't have Glorious Helmut.
Only "THE WINTER SOLDIER... and these other guys."

Superior Cap starring Zemo when

>Black Manta revealed as Aquaman film's villain
>people acting like this is something to be excited about
Sorry to bring movie shit in here, but seriously? How is anyone surprised? This isn't even really news.

It'd be way more surprising if the villain of the WW movie was Circe.

considering the reaction people have to capt marvel maybe mercilessly isn't the best term

that sif book was boring af

Maybe he would've been in Kings Steve Rogers: Captain America

Everyone thought it'd be Trench and Orm

I can't believe Chuck Dixon of all fucking people has a best-selling book without Batman in it.

Yeah Manta and Orm are the only villains he has, so it was a 50/50 shot lol

I'm betting that the original plans changed up, but CV is still shorthand for Bolts.

We don't see numbers, but we do see digital rankings, and by that we know that Ms. Marvel sells notably in digital (always top 10), and Captain Marvel does not.

So was KSD's Captain Marvel, and yet...

I'd go for a Citizen Z book.

twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/762000744639762432

rossmo's art is good

Is captain marvel the fastest rising vol in comics.

The worst part about having Bucky instead of Helmut, is that Karla still isn't bullying Bucky.

I demand my girl start trolling the shit out of that flavor of the month fuccboi at once!

Night of the Monster Men better end with an Alan Scott reveal after all this talk of
>Gotham needs a Super Man
In Kings Batman

who wants to read a bunch of Lois crazies

>I didn't liked that this is a lana solo not a lois solo, i got baited

>She was Lois. It was the world around her that sucked. I'm dropping the book if she's really dead. ::shrugs::

>I don't want a forced friendship set up with an imbalanced dynamic between Lois and Lana where Lois loses via insults and trait stealing.

>I get why #Superwoman has nice reviews. I'd almost agree and be happy, but they don't care about Lois like true fans do. They don't get it.

>If Lois is really dead, then I’m out and this book can go right to hell.

>It's not a Lois book. Lana gets all the POV, Lois traits, and insults Lois. The warped loyalty to New 52 canon is unfavorable to Lois only.

>So... What I'm getting from the Clois consensus, on Superwoman(s) here, is that a) Lois is treated badly in this & b) It's not her story.

>that is BS, and those aren't flaws. the only reason Lana is more compelling is because they gave all the characterization for lana, all mary suing to her. what lois do right now besides superwoman? who is Lois Lane family?

Those preview pages by the other guy look pretty good if they don't color them horribly

Atlas a cute! CUTE!

so apparently A Force did some Civil War damage control and Scarlet Witch brought up Force Works which was another "predicting the future goes bad" plot

funny watching everyone around Bendis

that's not impossible...

I really need to go on Twitter more

me, me, I love the crazies

>I get why #Superwoman has nice reviews. I'd almost agree and be happy, but they don't care about Lois like true fans do. They don't get it.

so delicious

Y'know, I find it hard to be all that mad at Lois-fags, since I still think Brainiac Lois was an unacceptable waste of an idea. Interstellar news network when?