Spiderman: Homecoming

What did Sup Forums think of it?

Apart from some of the overtly liberal-agenda shoehorning, I thought it was pretty good overall, but overrated for certain.

it was okay, but was not memorable for a spider-man movie, it had too much Tony, and in the end it felt like a disney channel original like Hatching Pete or Max Keeble, was better than TASM though

It's fucking garbage just like everything else in the MCU since Iron Man 1. It's nowhere near as good as Raimi's.

It was definitely better than Spiderman 3.

Best Spider-Man ever, smashed raimi and tugboats and just ahead the best Spider-Man ever Garfield-man

>VERY overrated
>even ant-man was better
>Still better that disasters like Spiderman 3, ASM 1 and 2

Why didnt they have Stark be emo after civil war, have him lose to Bulture, and have spidey save tony?

shit writes itself.

overall, pretty good, could have been great.
same with GOTG2

neither are top 3

It was extremely difficult to actually care about Peter in this film. His "bully" was a manlet who just called him names, his only real motivation was just to become an avenger and for most of the film his suit did all the work for him.

My favorite scene was where Peter was trapped under the rubble. That was pretty kino

Spider-bitch can't even carry his own fucking movie without rdj being shoved in everyone's faces you fucking mouse faggot

where was jameson

Thought it was hot garbage

>SJW NUMALES KEKS MILLENNIALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now that we have that out of the way it was okay, I would have liked it more of this Peter wasn't such an annoying little shit. I still think Garfield is the best for that role.

I don't think RDJ makes the movie any better?
Execs just think that the general public have a hard on for all things Downey, I thought homecoming was stellar and could have stood and excelled without him
The casting this time round hit every nail on the head

>Apart from some of the overtly liberal-agenda shoehorning
Care to elaborate on this? I hope this goes beyond the Washington Monument line.

>overtly liberal-agenda shoehorning
lol you people are so easily triggered

How to tell someone never watched it: they bitch about Iron Man being in it "too much", when he had less than 10 minutes of screen time in a 2½ hour movie.

He was still shoehorned into all the advertising dumbass.

Good thing we're talking about the movie and not the ads, retard

Why the hell is Flash Indian?

Why is Flash Thompson a chubby indian manlet?

I didnt like how Spider-Man was too reliant on his fancy suit

The whole film is spider-twink trying to prove himself to stark you massive faggot. The kid wants to be an avenger. Iron man's presence is felt throughout the film. He gives Peter his suit and chastises him. So who the fuck are you trying to fool?

Disappointing compared to Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Better than Spider-Man 3, ASM, and ASM2.

Fights were underwhelming, visually it looked bland, does not have enough of a personality (it tries), and the film goes through a few dry spells.

>"without my iron man suit I'm nothing"
>Wow, I must impress tony so I can be part of the avengers
>wow tony words gave me inspiration!
>oh no Vulture hates...TONY STARK
>Vulture stealing...TONY SHIT

>overtly liberal

I don't get what Sup Forums is so triggered about. It accurately portrayed NYC high school life. Multiracial. Sexually degenerate (the gay kid). Sanctimonious (the slaves line). There isn't really any agenda here.

The new MJ is basically a new character too. "Michelle" instead of "Mary." I agree she sucks though. Her whole appearance and personality is basically, "How can I make myself as unattractive and unpleasant as possible?"

kiddie shit /10

It's not about multiculturalism and you know it. It's about capturing the spirit of the comics and peter's story which this fucking does not do. It just has this spider twink sucking tony stark cock for the majority of the movie and being iron man's bitch. This is not who spider-man ever was. They stole miles morales' story and just stuck peter's name on it.

I actually mostly agree with this, but it doesn't mean there's a "liberal agenda."

>the gay kid
I legit thought that was an ugly girl

Yeah it makes sense for a bunch of super-heroes who all know each other to be isolated. This is much better. Learn to see the big picture. Spider-Man is a minor character in Tony's world.

Definitely the best Spidey movie in a while. I thought it balanced out the tone really well. The action was mostly mediocre and the climax is a bit shit. Keaton was cool. There is too much CGI on the suit though.

Where's the liberal agenda there?

Nobody wants to be with black women, let alone a white man

>no prison riot outbreak in the mid credit scene

the movie was too light

^ This

You can't overrate Keaton's Vulture, best MCU (movie) villain to date.

I didn't say it was. Learn to read.

But that's what we were talking about. Why did you come up with something completely unrelated then?

I said the heavily featured multiculturalism is only a superficial annoyance. Homecoming's story does not capture what is essentially peter parker's core. It is not Peter Parker. It's really miles morales' story dressed up in white face. They essentially took core elements from miles and stuck peter over it. Peter's story was already told through the raimi films and the shitty TASM flicks. Homecoming is just parading around a new character with Peter's skin. It doesn't quite fit and the result is depthless.

9/10
Could've used more Spidey parts and less Peter-is-in-school parts. Other than that it was great. I saw it twice.

why is MJ a frumpy black hipster?

MJ = Michelle. It's not Mary Jane.

>What did Sup Forums think of it?

I never gonna watch a Spider-man movie without Norman, Gwen and Gwen

Mary Jane and Mary Jane

Lame cop out

agree with the first part, but visually bland?
>airplane active camo
>refracted spiderman off the lens

k bud

Vulture is totally worth it though.

Homecoming was good. The comedy actually made me laugh which is rare for Marvel. But nothing in all of the MCU measures up to this scene.

There's nothing significant about it, really. You can tell they were mostly concerned with making something pretty and """""""new""""""" that would make a lot of money. It has no heart of it's own, it's just a sequence of events and that's it. It will entertain children and make money, though, but that's it.

>I said the heavily featured multiculturalism is only a superficial annoyance.
Where did you said that? You replied to a post that was replying to the OP's claim that the main problem with the movie was the overtly liberal agenda.

His presence was felt constantly. He created the villain, the suit, his cast was omnipresent, and the villain's great plan was a heist of his shit. Jesus Christ, you even had his disembodied voice during that homage to ASM 33

It's probably just at the theater I went to, but some scenes were very dark. I could barely follow anything happening on screen, especially during the final fight.