Die Antwoord has called out David Ayer because they believe he stole their style in Suicide Squad

Die Antwoord has called out David Ayer because they believe he stole their style in Suicide Squad.

I noticed this the first time I watched the trailer, I thought they must've had a sponsorship or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU
youtube.com/watch?v=KbW9JqM7vho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_Minjun
artnet.com/artists/yue-minjun/
youtu.be/OG2nEPYXL7c
youtube.com/watch?v=1EhWb0eEnlQ
instagram.com/p/BI60GfgBqXz/
youtube.com/watch?v=ntVnEhDAEz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>style

Harley definitely isn't, she's based on a punk rock singers name who I can't remember right now but once you see them side by side its insanely explicit

Debbie Harry

But there were no penis' or black face, or strangely hypnotic beats that you just had to play over and over again for no reason in the movie.

Also just did a captcha where the entire picture was a fucking street sign...

Forgot muh pic

Oh wow she's actually hot.

No you didn't

Yeah

ahahahaha

there goes any sequel they were planning on

lawsuits are death for franchises

>Die Antwoord owns the rights to being trashy as fuck
yeah ok

I genuinely did notice the similarities between that store and Die Antwoord's similar designs the first time I watched that trailer.

user she's 71 years old

>physical similarities aren't covered by copyright law

well then I guess you're saying DC comics pushed Fawcett out of business and stole their Captain Marvel character for fucking nothing then

That's stupid, I mean yeah it looks similar but tattooed freak it's a very old style

Just means I gotta be extra careful dickin her down
Least I know there'll be no teeth for my blowie woahie

.....Is she still hot?

>strangely hypnotic beats

you actually like that crap you fucking scum?

So wait I could get sued if I draw shitty cartoon doodles?

You literally can't sue someone over something looking like your style. You can only sue someone if it's literally almost identical.

Never did I say like, but they just have certain songs that for some fucking reason I can't stop listening to them.

Its like dubstep where almost all of it is complete garbage, but then theres just that single "song" that for some reason just works.

Blondie was so great

youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU

They really are hit or miss.
youtube.com/watch?v=KbW9JqM7vho

Relatively speaking. I mean, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, though looking at my browser history, I may not be the best judge for what is traditionally "hot"
P.S Jennifer Tilly can still get it bad.

Mostly miss. Did you see Chappie? They were unbearable.

Sadly enough, all my favorite actresses are 50 and up.

Most younger actresses annoy the living fuck out of me.

i will admit i liked Chappie, except the ending

Other than that room, which was probably a reference or homage, DC didn't do shit. They really just want attention.

Die Antwoord is complaining about the makeup design being based off their own work. Yolandi Visser's look combined with Debbie Harry's actual outfit. Same for Ninja's makeup design on Joker.

Am I the only one who can't stand these fuckers

There's like two similarities in the whole picture.

When the trailer came out I honestly kept thinking that was Leto.

It's actually embarrassing how long it took for me to realize it wasn't even a guy...

You tell me.

Ninja was one of the best actors in that fucking movie. Are you retarded?

>Die Antwoord

Tell me more, jesus fucking holiest of christs, I need to know the story behind this picture...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yue_Minjun
artnet.com/artists/yue-minjun/

That's not saying much, user

>Die Antwoord
More like:
>Meme Fagwoord

I thought that was obvious from the outset.

I mean, shit, this was posted on deviantart a full year ago.

Debbie Harry is still hot.

This is a picture of 70 year old woman.

Are You? He took a solid B+ film and destroyed it.

Die Antwoord didn't invent black culture, wigger culture or Kid Rock.

I mean does it matter that the Joker's look was based off him? It's not like their in the same form of media. Like Leto Joker isn't putting out rap albums and this guy isn't making super hero movies. Even Ledgers Joker was based off a musician.

youtu.be/OG2nEPYXL7c

I saved this photo edit the night of the Jared Leto Joker reveal, or the night after.

's corpse.

Chappie was a shit movie but they were surprisingly the best part in it.

She looks like she wants to make a coat entirely from dalmatian pups.

post the message Yolandi sent Ayer:

prawn_staryes David Ayer u jockin our style.
callin ninja up before your movie came our pretendin 2b down, so it looks OK when u bite our black & white graf style & our opening sequence to umshiniwam & an all da lil tiny details u nibbeld dat other people wont see but we notice. Cara & Jared told us how much u were talkin abt us on set but u never asked our permision to rip us off. An when ninja texted u sayin wassup wif dat u said nothin like a scared lil bitch. U were jus flauntin our names pretendin to b down. u aint down an u never will b.

but before we knew da extent of ur two face nature - u invited us to ur movie premiere(which i didnt wanna go to) but ninja went , tinkin ur solid guy an mayb there was jus a lil "misunderstandin". Den poor ninja had to sit thru dat hole bullshit movie.
An u even got da nerve to say wassup to him smilin - an ninja has to b nice cus he is there wif his kid. But we all tink u wack. U shud start a crew called:,"im a fake fuck" ask kanye if he wants to join u.

Cum show ur pretty face at my studios. U know Muggs & u know where da Soul Assasin Studios at. we watin for u.

Enchantress? Hypercrisis confirmed.

Guess she's never heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

What's wrong with that bitch's hair?

What the fuck did I just read?

>Die Antwoord
2008 called. Even they don't want you back.

I got a chuckle while watching John Waters' Hairspray for the first time last week and discovering she was the snooty girl's overbearing mother.

South Africa's greatest export...

Dayum.
You know what? Now I like them. I hope they beat they shit out of Ayer because they can't control their hot blood.

Are they actual retards or just pretend to be retards?

pretend

So they just get for shitposting.

*get paid

Watkin Jones (Ninja) is actually a pretty clever/normal guy, it's just a character.

This is him before Die Antwoord.
youtube.com/watch?v=1EhWb0eEnlQ

And to think they could have based her off of herself. Thanks, jews.

That was actually really cool. I'd dig some more of his work back then.

>implying Harley has an absolutely disgusting haircut
>implying they own the concept of shitty 'gangbanger' tattoos
Sure Die Antwoord. Of course.

Who cares? Die Antwoord are shit.

Die Ärzte > Die Antwoord, anyway

WHO'S THAT CUTE BOY?

Is this shitty opinions general? No? Then go fuck yourself.

I'm mainly familiar with Die Antwoord from all the drama about them being unbearable shitheads on the set of Chappie.

>This generation's idea of culture

DA always complaining abt getting their shit stolen when they're the most unoriginal n uninspiried shit ever

Every artsy band has made a photo behind black and white graffiti just like that. Major lazer made a whole video out of it for "aerosol can". The Harley costume was based on blonde's singer 99%. Artsy white trash isn't something you can sue over.

Why is South African culture so shit?

>unbearable shitheads on the set of Chappie
go on?

>fapped to her many times as a young user
>fapping to a 70 year old lady as a middleaged oldfag

MY LIFE!!!!!

Those dumb niggers need to go drink bleach

Literally looks nothing alike

Except for the fact theyre both in a bathtub.

in what dimension does Joker look like Die Antwoord?

You should watch Chappie. They're main characters

Yeah, and the illuminati sue Hirsch for making the super villain a triangle with an eye. WHAT'S HIS POINT?!
Die Antwoord is such an arrogant idiot and he ever was!

>implying Hackenstein is not an illuminati himself
>GUISE IF I PUT SHOVE OUR SYMBOLS IN MY SHOW AND BE AS BLATANT AS POSSIBLE WITH IT THOSE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS WILL LOOK STUPID, I'M A GENIUS

Typical "devil in plain sight" shit.

Music thread's somewhere else

instagram.com/p/BI60GfgBqXz/

Heres their instagram post.

The most hilarious example is when harly was stealing watches, she put some of them on her wrist to carry them.

Obviously, they invented that. Die Antwoord invented putting watches on your wrist.

Never forget that.

also, in THEIR OWN VIDEO, they show an example of Joker looking like MARILYN MANSON covered in tattoos.

Marilyn Manson did that like 11 years ago. Are they admitting to JOCKING Mansons style?

Just saying.
If Ayer (allegedly) copied Arzte instead, maybe Leto's Joker could've been actually funny kind of edgy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntVnEhDAEz4

Yolandi is soooooooooo adorable!

>Die Antword
I always wondered if they were for real, or some elaborate joke

That would mean that you are a noob in terms of music, style and art. Nothing to be proud of, really

It's not about similarity, it's about having money for lawyers

Ha ha, of course not

They look more like beavis and butthead

please translate it to english

lel, stay mad wigger

Literally fucking who now fuck off to Sup Forums and get raped to death you piece of shit

Look more like mutants in TDKR to me.

Nah, look more like Seinfield, as seen by a meth-addict

Source?

kikestagram

Nice comment to a kikebook fan page post that contains that shit:
>Die antwoord stole Keith Haring's style. If you actually follow art