youtu.be/5hNODfxIBpQ?t=14m
youtube.com/watch?v=RQmIiOnM_zE
youtube.com/watch?v=5hNODfxIBpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ksrDyn-6ahg
youtube.com/watch?v=R-M-B-pXOMg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doctor Whore

reminder to ignore grumpy granddad

If Tom Bakers the quintessential doctor then who was the quintessential companion?

youtube.com/watch?v=dOxGoPsv4mI
BASED PETER

high res christmas special promo

why is she wearing makeup

A chubby Capaldi is a cute Capaldi!

It's not endless pessimism, is it? It's a very short-term pessimism. It doesn't seem ill-founded when we consider that for Moffat the anniversary seems never quite to have ended, that he's always making unneccesary references to the past that don't do what he seems to want them to, and that he's got form for being morbid.

Opinions can't be shit, they're opinions. Far more ego is involved in your dismissing my opinion than in my expressing it.

I didn't say that I had been a fan for longer as a boast. I said:
>I believe it can do a couple of things reasonably well some of the time, but then I probably spent longer as a fan than you have.

Check the "then". I'm saying that I spent long enough as a fan to have a sober view of its limitations, and allowing for the possibility that I just got bored of it, that's all.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 3rd is deadline.

We've all gotten bored of Who at one point or another. We just choose to come back, because we at least enjoy what parts of it we can. You don't seem to be able to do that, and I'm sorry for you

Cynicism is what Moffat is doing. I'm not being cynical at all. This poster made a good point:

Are you Melanson? If so, have you seen Series 8 yet?

>Opinions can't be shit, they're opinions.
is that your opinion that opinions can't be shit

>People are still replying to this guy

>Are you Melanson? If so, have you seen Series 8 yet?
he's seen "virtually nothing" of the Moffat era so of course he hasn't

Because she's ugly without it.

is water waifu coming back

Melanon, yeah, not "Melanson"(?), and I've probably seen bits of it. I catch bits of Who when it's on, say "fucking hell!", then change the channel.

Yes

Moffat's on record for saying he wanted the First Doctor to meet the current Doctor since the time when Matt Smith was in the role.

FALSE

No, now shut up.

Lalla Ward, obvs.

Sorry, autocorrect got me.

Sarah Jane or Rose, I guess. Maybe Jo. But the GOAT companions are Ian and Barbara, Leela, Turlough, Ace, and Donna.

She clearly has makeup on in that photo.

okay :(

Agent Cooper will come back?

your opinion that opinions can't be shit is shit

Yeah, and I think the fact that he didn't do it before indicates that he always knew he had better ideas than that before - this is him emptying his wastepaper basket.

is there a video of the whole panel?

she's clearly still wearing makeup, user

That's just your opinion, which is okay and not shit, but I still think you're mistaken.

[14:01] youtu.be/5hNODfxIBpQ?t=14m
>moffat referencing kill the moon during the panel
THE MADMAN

Do you support of a mark gatiss companion?

your opinion that my opinion is okay is shit

But you hinted that his sole reason was to ease in Whittaker's transition. Is it his honest fan idea, or is it cynical marketing?

no gays (male) allowed

Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=RQmIiOnM_zE
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=5hNODfxIBpQ

No, I think he should just leave the building quietly before security have to get involved.

Looks like you've checkmated yourself famalam.

Cheeks aren't just naturally that pink, man. She's wearing blush. She has makeup on.

Why did we think the christmas special was called "The Doctors" again?

My cheeks are that pink

Cause it has two doctors in it and someone said it was

No, the other user suggested that, and I think it's probably a large part of why he's doing it *now*. Otherwise it's just one of those nice ideas that hasn't got a convincing narrative rationale (not that that's stopped him before). This is all one show, folks, honest!

And of course, it's not. And if he didn't keep wanking the old show, he wouldn't have to justify himself in terms of it. Jodie Whittaker is playing a character first played by Christopher Eccleston in 2005. I'm sure that'll even be how Chibnall will play it, so why do this?

because literally one website had a banner that said the doctors. i never believed it

then take off your makeup

Because Moffat is a hack and it was entirely believable he'd call it something stupid like that

Only women wear makeup user

Do you think we'll get a updated 1-2 regen scene?
I honestly wouldn't mind.
Since we see the 1st doctor already giving off the gold regen energy it looks like we may be getting a small retcon or just update to make it all more consistent
oddly though, it'd only be consistent in the sense of 8 and onward.

1 and 12 visit all others 2-11 together to discuss transitioning

We already did user: youtube.com/watch?v=ksrDyn-6ahg

1's regeneration was just a flash to white, it's not too hard to retcon that to a flash of super bright regeneration glowy orange energy

what's happening is that Moffat finally grows some balls, and Twelve fucking dies and One regenerates into Jodie Whittaker, retconning the entirety of Doctor Who post One's era and we get a fresh start

>convincing narrative rationale

The Twelfth Doctor's era has been overall about questioning the ideal of being the Doctor, and about the emotional travails of being the Doctor. Taking it back to the beginning makes emotional sense.

I'm not, and I do occasionally

kek, how mad would this make people?

how old will you be when 100 years anniversary comes?
>65

I'd actually be pumped

me too

So was the previous one, and the one before that, and the one before that. Pretending that there's something deeply interesting about the Doctor, that he could somehow refuse to be the hero, is part of the baggage of this show, unfortunately, one of the many reasons I stopped watching it.

>82
god damn it

im scared this will happen now

But why bother when nobody actually minds that a special effect from 1966 looks like a special effect from 1966?

I want peter capaldi to be my dad :(

Donna? Worst of the worst.

I'd hate it but I'd fucking love to watch the nerd rage

I am with you guys too. Moffat have no respect for past things. It is just gimmicks for him to use to get the ratings up a bit.

68, gonna be cozy old man and watch it.

How come we never got any pics of Capaldi/Smith or Tennant/Eccleston together?

Seems pointlessly malicious. You wouldn't like it, but you want other people to be unhappy? Don't waste your life.

I want peter capaldi to be my daddy ;)

cute

It's not like I'd want it to happen, or even believe there's a remote possibility of it. But the shitstorm would be glorious, you have to admit. Possibly even bigger than the one 13's casting caused to begin with.

>Capaldi/Smith
I dunno, but based on things Capaldi's said in various panels, the two shared a hug and Matt gave Peter his watch and told him that "it's yours now, and the TARDIS is yours now" - bit surprised there was no photos of that interaction

>Tennant/Eccleston
both filmed at different dates - Eccleston didn't even do the actual arms-out regeneration IIRC, it was just Tennant

Regenerated by then most likely.
Alexis, please.

Capaldi/Jodie in velvet coat when?

>Capaldi/Smith
technically we did though, just not at the time

Ah. So you consider the recent focus on the Doctor's morality to be navel gazing claptrap?

Also, want to write a Shit Trips Vol 2 entry?

what the fuck is that thing on the left

I agree, except I think he may have overestimated the appeal of this one. It excites some fans, mainly NuWho ones I suspect, but the general public is likely to be unmoved.

No, I don't like to see people purposely being made unhappy by something they enjoy. It's abusive.

13's casting didn't cause a shitstorm, he'd been trailing it for about three years.

thats my face when

Yeah, I think it's nonsense.

Thanks for the invitation, but no, I wouldn't want to write a story.

The christmas special looks like it'll be great tier if not GOAT
hopefully the puddle shit doesn't drag it down

youtube.com/watch?v=R-M-B-pXOMg

GOAT scene. Really brings back fond memories of when Twelve was new. I'm gonna miss him.

what do you think of our tripfags.
do you like immigrant?
do you like cats?
the cloisters?

I have nothing against any of them.

>you probably can't even remember where you got that face from
>shot of capaldi in the reflection
cheeky

Same. It's crazy to think we could have as many as 14 new Doctors by the time the centennial special roles around.

Doctor Who is dead.

even wanderer with his perverse need to know what everyone is listening to?

>Moffat have no respect for past things. It is just gimmicks for him to use to get the ratings up a bit.
Isn't that the only reason to bring them back and RTD does the same thing

reminder that One is the weary but still young and immature Doctor, whereas Twelve is the old, experienced, and totally refined Doctor. GOAT interactions ahead.

Fuck me, did you guys see the trailer? It looks really good. Even though I was hoping, and expecting, a man-to-man talk between 1 and 12, this looks decently exciting.

Also, it's not called "The Doctors" anymore, thank fuck.

???