British hedgehogs are dying out - rescue attempts are being made

Info for Americans: hedgehog is not a porcupine even if it looks the same
Info for Australians: hedgehog is not an echidna even if its looks the same

mtv.fi/uutiset/ulkomaat/artikkeli/britannian-siilikanta-romahti-siileja-yritetaan-nyt-pelastaa-kissanruuan-avulla/6762434

50% of hedgehogs have disappeared from Britain.
Reasons for this include: habitat loss, increased spread on concrete all over nature, artificial grass, roadkills..

British people are being instructed on leaving some of their cat food outside the house so that hedgehogs could eat it. However, do NOT leave milk for the hedgehogs, they will gladly drink it but may die afterwards because their digestive systems cannot handle lactose.

Gardens no longer hide hedgehogs because they dont have hiding places. Hedgehogs need piles of leaves so they can be hiding underneath. British people are taking too good care of their gardens these days.

There is 3 different hedgehog species in Europe: hedgehog, mediterranean hedgehog, estonian hedgehog

The h*dgehog must die.

filthy brown hands

>roadkills
I guess they just wasn't fast enough.

F

only the strong survive

so you're saying cities will select for superhedgehogs?

Did you know that Finns imported Canadian beavers by accident and now 90% of beavers in Finland are genetically Canadian?
Now you know

Only if they have chaos emeralds

in 2050 only feral mutts and sentient super Hedgehogs will be battling for survival in the barren urban landscape of Nova Britannia as all the anglo animals will have gone extinct

Hey, Finnish poster who makes threads about interesting topics.
I like your posts, please don't stop posting.

if they don't have a place to stay they can move in with me x

Gotta go extinct fast

lol geez,

lactose intolerant what are they? asian?

fun fact: gypsies eat hedgehogs

one holocaust wasn't enough

>hedgehog is not a porcupine even if it looks the same

Yeah we know what they are.
People keep them as pets here.
I prefer ferrets but to each his own

Gib hedgehog

F

Never seen a living hedgehog desu but I have seen several living snakes of multiple species, which shocked me

qt

Info for Brazilians: hedgehog is not for sopa even if it seems like a good idea

t. estonian hedgehog

Hedgehogs are a feral species in New Zealand

These are the type of hedgehogs we have around here. Too cute for words. Loads of them around my house too because they eat the cat food my neighbours leave outside.

Destroy them. They're a pest here as well because idiots introduced them to sea islands where they eat all the bird eggs. They're making poor birds go extinct because they don't know how to handle them. In fact doesn't NZ have a pledge to kill every foreign invader by 2030 or something?

>last land predator in UK

Excuse me

We have the terrifying badger and the fearsome adder. Not to mention the fox