Flash 2018

Is it true Thawne won't be a time traveller?

What? Am I a fucking TimeTraveler!? I don't know OP.

Yes it's true. Trust me my uncle works at Nintendo.

I hope they do Rogue War desu but without Zoom or Eobard.

Sup Forums, what if Ezra Miller and Jared Leto had switched roles?

Would things be better or worse?

We haven't seen enough of Ezra to judge him in either role.

Most likely, one of the major constraints I've heard about this movie is distancing themselves from the show. So they're probably gonna do that.

I really wishes they'd do Grodd instead. I mean major props to the CW Effects team but I want to see a really good looking Grodd in plain day light with a bunch of Gorilla Henchmen (Henchgorillas?).

>I've heard about this movie is distancing themselves from the show
Maybe don't do an Eobard Thawne arc. Certainly when Flash has some of the best foes in all of comics.

I agree Grodd could work well too. My preference is Rogues (inc Top as big bad).

>I really wishes they'd do Grodd instead.
This. Grodd or anyone. Fuck, have him fight a team of Rogues who already have all their skills and have been operating for a bit, without any Meta to stop them. They can have experience to trump his bullshit powers. They talk about wanting to distance the movie from the show, but then they use the same villain in an origin story anyway. CW Flash nearly exactly adapted their relationship from the comic, and did it as an origin story to boot. So no matter what WB does with him in the movie, it's going to have obvious parallels to the show, unless they just completely rework Thawne. And if they do that, why even bother in the first place?

There's no particular reason they couldn't have done another Flash villain. Unless they're worried about the whole comicbook thing.

>"A talking, super-smart, mind-controlling gorrila? What the fuck is that?"
>"A guy in a parka who fights a man who can move faster than a thought with a cold gun? What is he, Mister Freeze?"
>"Oh, and he's got a guy with a fire gun? Guy who can travel through mirrors? A fucking top? Jesus christ, just get the yellow, menacing version of the Flash and we'll work something out."

I have little doubt WB's just going to fuck it up by taking too many half measures. Problem is, a Rogue movie would just be crime fighting. Superhero movies have to be about taking down super major threats, not just the working Criminal man who just want to rob banks and live it up. Maybe they'll surprise with what they're willing to work with, CW Flash certainly did. But their track record leaves doubts, and they're already going with Thawne anyway.

>a Rogue movie would just be crime fighting
What about Rogue War?

How would Grodd even work?
Flash moves faster than lightspeed. I don't want a 2 hour Flash movie wear he doesn't fight for a minute because of MUH MINDCONTROL.
Flash doesn't work in live-action in general, but at least give him a speedstar enemy for overthetop high cgi fights. At least those can look cool.

>How would Grodd even work?
Silver Age Grodd could mind control those around him to see him as a person. I wouldn't mind a guy who starts undoing central city by impersonating the mayor, by impersonating a detective and killing the police chief, by quickly mind controlling the entire mob underworld into his power.

Grodd could take over Central City and prepare it for act 3 Gorilla invasion and it would take both the Flash and Barry Allen as a forensic investigator to crack the case.

I mean, Grodd could be impersonating Iris and Flash doesn't know which one to speed punch.

They should adapt Grodd of War, as subpar Manabooch's run was. Flash and the Rogues teaming up to fight an army of Gorillas was awesome.

Grodd mindcontrols a bunch of metas and causes havoc, ala Rogue War. Flash has to punch through a bunch of cool metas like the Rogues, the Top, and IDK his other foes

alternatively, Grodd and an army of Gorillas track down the Flash to learn the secret of the Speed Force. Flash and the Rogues team up. Superspeed climax in the end when Grodd eventually gains Superspeed like in the comics and Flash deals with him by dumping him in the speed force and showing off his powers. ala Grodd of War.

I think they'd be dropping the ball if there's no relation to the CW Flash. I mean even if its not mentioned just maybe cast Cavanagh as Wells and people who dont watch the show can just enjoy it and if Flash TV stays relevant and DCEU Flash becomes great they could touch on it. If not? no problem. Tom can just play Wells and Wells can have literally 30 seconds of screentime and not be his mentor

That would work, but it's a bit too continuity based. The basic premise, of the Flash's rogues getting into some kind of fight, perhaps a gang war or a territorial dispute, could work. But again, it feels a bit too low level for what Superhero movies are trying to be these days. Especially for a movie that's supposed to be one of DC/WB's big heroes. Ant-Man got away with being a heist movie where the villain just wants to sell weapons to terrorists, but I doubt the Flash could do the same.

>How would Grodd even work?
By not treating every conflict like a straight up punching fight. There's also the fact the Flash routinely does not run at light speed, or even faster than light for reasons even in the comicbooks. He certainly does it incidentally while doing other bullshit, like appearing in two places at once, but that's not a thing where his exact speed is needed.

The Flash has always, always had a problem with his power being too bullshit for most of his villains to fight straight up. But the Flash doesn't have to be mind controlled the whole movie. Grodd can briefly do it in an initial fight until they develop the standard helmet thing. Meanwhile he's manipulating other people for whatever nefarious, world shattering plot these movies need. Plenty of time for him to do cool speed shit dealing with whatever metas are mixed in or against some act 3, laser into the sky weapon the movie will probably have. It just requires a bit of actual thought about the conflict.

>That would work, but it's a bit too continuity based. The basic premise, of the Flash's rogues getting into some kind of fight, perhaps a gang war or a territorial dispute, could work. But again, it feels a bit too low level for what Superhero movies are trying to be these days. Especially for a movie that's supposed to be one of DC/WB's big heroes. Ant-Man got away with being a heist movie where the villain just wants to sell weapons to terrorists, but I doubt the Flash could do the same.
Oh man I have a whole fanfic about this. The TLDR:

>Boomer out of prison, goes to central city
>Meets up at Rogue bar, says he needs to do a job to get on his feet
>Rogues tell him that there is a meta human who can tangle with the flash and keep him at bay. Guy called the top.
>Rogues are calling top to defend them when the Flash shows up to fight, then giving a % of the cut
>Boomer goes to rob a bank, Flash shows up and the Top comes to battle him
>Top is spinning, Barry runs so fast around him he teleports himself and the top 10 years into the future.
End Act 1
>In the future the Rogues are gathered under Cold
>Top claims himself as leader and the rogues split down the middle in allegiance
>They begin to go to war
>The Flash of 2026, Wally West, finds Barry and the two team up to both mitigate the damage, but also to capture and jail the top
>The destruction is massive
>Movie ends with Barry travelling back to his time, sitting down with Cold at the rogue bar and setting ground rules

>a 2hour Flash movie about a conspiracy
How about no?
>putting even more villains into the movie to job
Thank god you people will never write a screenplay ever.

Just make the villain Zoom, fuck the tv show.

>How about no?
You could sprinkle in as many mind controlled rogues as you want to balance action. But Barry Allen is as important as The Flash as a character and having him do actual forensic work is something the comics sorely miss.
>Zoom
Why would Zoom want to make Barry faster when he thinks Barry is the perfect Flash?

>having him do actual forensic work is something the comics sorely miss.
Literally no one cares about that shit. Especially not people paying to see the first live-action Flash movie in existence.

You can't do 2 hours of goes fast. The Flash is fucking incredibly powerful so you can either make him a jobber or give him a task his speed can't easily solve. That's just good writing.

Give him a task that the Flash and Barry Allen both have to solve. Have him fail as the Flash and realise there are things regular people can solve that heroes can't, make it inspirational and shit.

>Have him fail as the Flash and realise there are things regular people can solve that heroes can't
Doesn't he use his speed every time he does forensics? Like reading books or making tests in seconds?

>Doesn't he use his speed every time he does forensics? Like reading books or making tests in seconds?
Sure, he uses his speed to help his forensic work but there are problems Barry Allen can solve that The Flash cannot.

They're fucking everything up to be different from the GOAT show. To be fair this is probably the main reason why major characters get limited on TV. Film can't retell the same story audiences have seen, for some reason. Even though it's worked for Spidey plenty of times.

They should just do a rogues movie anyways and keep Thawne for later and just redo the shows story in über high budget. That's really all they needed to do but instead they create this weird elseworld going by the synopsis

It doesn't matter, the movie will be shit and completely unrelated to the comics.
Barry will be a meme spouting Peter Parker knock off. The soundtrack will be some cringey dubstep for those "fellow kids" and slow motion will be overused. I have no hopes for this.

Can't he think faster and better due to his powers?
That would mean the Flash does all the work.

>Barry will be a meme spouting Peter Parker knock off. The soundtrack will be some cringey dubstep for those "fellow kids" and slow motion will be overused.
Sadly this is spot-on. The JL teaser let me lose all hope.

>That would mean the Flash does all the work
I think that is a contrived position. Barry Allen is the forensic scientist, the Flash is the ball of goes fast.

He may use his speed to help his forensic work but there are problems forensics alone solves that the Flash cannot. I mean, this can even play into why Barry is a lone wolf and always ends up taking too much responsibility onto himself and letting it crush him. Barry + Flash is a super team of Mary Sue proportions.

Wally alternatively needed a full team, which came with the added benefit of a support network.

>Cavanagh as a different Wells through the entire Multiverse

is he a spawn of Manhattan

Yeah the whole teaser is exactly what the movie will be.
Ezra Miller as terrible in it, each one of his couple lines was delivered in some try hard way and not the good kind. I can't stand his mannerism for 2 hours, I don't want to see one of my favorite characters having strokes and being a spaz everytime he speaks.

I already am a'm awkward shut in, I don't need the Flash to be one too. Fuck this trope, everyone of this kind of character is unlikeable and awfully portrayed.

There is a place for the awkward shut in for viewers to identify with whom can then use the Flash as a vehicle for escapism.

Hell, Barry having no friends can easily be blamed on a certain someone travelling back in time and removing his besties from existence.

I feel like a lot of you guys are glass half empty here.

>NOT MUH BARRY!!

Worth noting that Barry is a dry as fuck silver age relic. If there is one JL member that could benefit from a character adjustment it's him.

Of course, Williamsons characterization is spot on right now and I would love to see that adapted.

I don't identify an him, I rarely identify to any movie characters because every introvert is either portrayed as a psychopath, or a dumb comic relief to make the big protagonist shine.

>"Elseworlds guys! "

Seriously, I feel if any member of the Justice League should be awkward and dorky it should be Barry, since he's the kid.

The movie doesn't have a release date at the moment, so no idea, they probably rewriting everything again

why can't actual comic book writers write movie scripts? Why do we have to have some hack make these things then fuck it up with severe autism because they think they're far superior to the source material?
Fuck this man. Flash is my favorite but I knew I'm not going to like him in DCEU as soon as I saw he had blue speedforce electricity.
However, Ezra nailed the awkward teenaged nerd personality spot on to where it sounded identical to the nerdy teens playing MTG I went to highschool with.
I have a feeling this is going to be a good actor with nothing to work with because of producers scenario

Barry shouldn't be an awkward teenage nerd, though.

This should have been about WALLY, goddammit.

> Flash is a myth since WW2
> Last flash (Barry) dies heroically and his protege finds himself in the middle of family business ala Tron series
> Wally, being the cocky asshole he is, sees how Superman & JL are popular now so he comes out to public with some dramatic "Barry deserves to be known for what he did"
> Rogues team up to show Wally that he is no Barry
> SUDDENLY GRODD
> They team up
> It's fucking awesome
> The end

It both carries the feeling of comics and still stays seperate from TV show. So fucking easy man.

>why can't actual comic book writers write movie scripts?
i have no fucking idea desu
i dont care who directs the movie as long the script is good and true to the source

first post best post.

>why can't actual comic book writers write movie scripts?

They did for Green Lantern.

I hope Rick and Johns tell Snyder and their blue Speedforce to go fuck itself

He's not teenage and Barrys always been a fucking dweeb, naming and designing himself after his favourite comic book character in his early 30s. Even in this weeks Flash he's an awkward dweeb

I was about to say that movies and comics are completely different in storytelling till I realised comic writers can still do it and it up to screenplay writers to adapt it

The GL script was a Frankenstein's monster of multiple authors

kek

>My preference is Rogues (inc Top as big bad).

Rogues being side villain makes more sense. Flash could take on most o them within a... well flash

Is the movie still following the old script that became the tv show?

You know what? No. I don't think anyone wants the flashes first silver screen debut to be a legacy character talking about the old flash a good chunk of the audience doesn't even really know about.

If the Rogues are ever in a movie it should be starring them and be about them planning and executing a robbery.
I hate the whole trying to make Cold a good guy thing but in this case if you don't make the rogues the MCs then they just turn into elemental mooks the Flash quickly deals with and the only one getting any kind of real characterisation being Cold.

Do it after The Flash film and put him in a supporting role, make him the detective like in other criminal films

This, even Justice League Mortal did the smart thing of having Barry be a pre-established hero in-universe and Wally being Iris' nephew who knew it. The film focuses on Barry and it ended with him dying to save the world and passing on the legacy to Wally for the sequel.
Straight up skipping over Barry and just telling us he's important is retarded.

If one believes the rumors/leaks on here, yes

Apparently Eobard Thawne is their combination Stephen Hawking and Steve Jobs despite that Eobard is a future name

But if they do have an E. Thawne in there, he has to be the red herring thanks to the show spoiling everything

Its stupid right? The audience won't care that a characters motivation is honoring Simone they haven't seen before. You know what'd be great? 20 minutes of exposition talking about how great Barry is.

Michael Jackson came back from the dead?

y'all lack imagination. the hero trying to live up to someone is a cliche at this point, even the star trek reboot did that in a pretty good way. you can always have well timed flashbacks, get wally lost in speed force and have him and barry talk there with maximum emotional ost in the background.

it's easier than you guys make it out to be

I really hope they don't do that. Being an experienced speed force user (and genius from a later century) is a big part of Thawne's appeal. If he gains his powers in the movie and can't time travel it means he blows at using them too. He should time travel really quickly (even by accident) once he realizes how fast he can go.

If they want to distance themselves from the show while keeping the character they need to shake up his motivations, not his abilities. Make him a blend of Zoom and prof Zoom for instance (make Flash a better hero). That was a popular theory on his motivations back in Flash S1, and ended up not being true.