So was there any in universe reason why Bruce Banner went from Norton to Ruffalo?

So was there any in universe reason why Bruce Banner went from Norton to Ruffalo?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only reason I've ever heard was based on the "put a bullet in my mouth" line. People like to say that the appearance chanhe'd when he healed from that.

Shot himself in the face.

>shoots himself in the face
>heals because super powers
>somehow changes his voice, skin color, and height
Didn't know gamma rays gave you shape-shifting powers

No. Don't be a retard.

Yeah, I always wondered about that. At least with War Machine you don't notice because they're both black

No, but it established a convenient precedent early on in the MCU that recasting can happen without too much trouble. These movies will be going long after RDJ and others drop out, so eventually most or all of the characters will be recast.

Are you actually retarded?

Considering that every time he goes Hulk he extensively shifts his shape, that's pretty dumb of you.

Honestly it was more ofputting with war machine, the actors litarelly look nothing like eachother.

Did they ever explain in universe why Spiderman wasnt drawn by Ditko anymore

Norton looks more like Ruffalo than Howard looks like Chedle.

I was referencing Kike Perlmutter

>According to The Financial Times, when Don Cheadle was hired at a much cheaper rate to replace Terrence Howard in the Iron Man franchise, Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.”

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige

No, why should there be? It's just a recast, they work best when he characters don't acknowledge anything has changed.

Ike has secretly been trying to ruin the franchise the whole time

>Didn't know gamma rays gave you shape-shifting powers

Yeah, it's not like the gamma rays gave him the ability to shapshift from a normal person into a gaint green brute.

In the comics, that's pretty much what they do. If gamma exposure doesn't kill you, you end up transforming to reflect some aspect of your personality.

Bruce becomes a giant green rage monster.
Emil Blonsky becomes a really buff Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Jen Walters becomes a seven foot green Amazon.

And so on.

I don't care how racist you are. If you think these two men look anything alike then you need to get your fucking eyes checked.

That's a bold thing to say seeing as how Terrence Howard is considered lightskinned and Don Cheadle is black as fucking coal

Holy shit. I feel really bad for not noticing this. I think im a racist. Hmm, you learn something new about yourself everyday.

BRING BACK THE FF IKE!

Yeah this bugged the hell out of me. Like replacing Gwyneth Paltrow with Salma Hayek. It was really jarring.

The upshot is that I really like both Cheadle and Howard.

It's sad Rhodey went from a fine, imposing black man to a charcoal noodle.

Seriously, Don looks like shit and I've trouble taking him seriously in the role.

But Cheadle is objectively superior to Howard.

>Like replacing Gwyneth Paltrow with Salma Hayek
Book it, Feige.

I meant because everything he says/does was terrible, Howard is a worse actor though, youre right.

Hope not, or you get this multiple Batman/ multiple James Bond mess. Let Tony Stark grow old, become director of SHIELD, mentor Riri or whoever they're replacing him with, then die. They can reboot him and all of it in 50 years when the MCU exhausts itself of storylines.

>He thinks that by the time Marvel concedes RDJ is too old to pull off the role Riri will still exist
That's adorable, user.

This. The hot gimmick will probably be Mexicans by that time. Hope you like Michael Pena Iron Man.

This is incredibly racist. But I've never realised how much Don looks like... Well, a chimp.

It's funny, humans are closely related to monkeys and often resemble them. But it's only racist when you notice how one specific subset of humanity sometimes looks like apes.

So what's the in universe reason for THAT?

Coal doesnt come in shades of brown you fucking racist

> Well... It's me, and I'm here,l. Soget overit and move on..
In universe explanation

See? There we go. Even a simple little handwave like that would suffice.

So until I get an answer, shot himself in the mouth is a good justification for Norton > Ruffalo

What if they explained all the MCU recasts through the multiverse route? Dr. Strange seems to be their excuse for that.

>charcoal noodle.

In Civil War it was off-putting how frail he looked in civvies even before he got crippled

Different Artist

"Kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really fucking dumb questions like 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!" - Grant Morrison

Its a fucking comic book movie user. Christ. No-one questions why James Bond keeps changing appearence. or why Jason Bourne was Jeremy Renner. Or why Dumbledore looked different after Micheal Gambon took over.

Sort your fucking life out mate.

Jeremy Renner didn't play Jason Bourne. He was another guy from that program. Now who's the idiot Grant?

>Actually, you were mistaken about one minor thing that wasn't actually the main thrust of your point so therefore you're wrong :^)

Me for not having seen that, by all accounts, god awful film, clearly.

Hulk changing him.

It's still (You).

people actually believe this shit?

one and the same person imo

Needs a glowing eyes edit for bottom.

I'm pretty sure he was joking about that being Perlmutter's exact reasoning for thinking why no one would care about Rhodey being replaced.

Wasn't he replaced because he was a diva?

>The Incredible Hulk was my favorite Marvel movie
>Edward Norton one of my favorite actors
>still trying to get used to Ruffalo but I can only resent him for the replacement
>movie apparently dropped entirely in the canon despite the Stark cameo at the end because he moved on to Natasha with no mention of Betty
It fuckin' hurts, man.

Then you get people saying "but Ruffalo looks more like the Hulk naturally so it makes more sense to cast him" as if that isn't the exact opposite of the point of the Hulk. It's a much more pronounced transformation with a tired wiry guy than a burly dude.

He aged.
or plastic surgery, wich is, when you think about it, a very plausible reason.
He was hiding from the world when BW found him.

Yeah man, I know. It really sucks that they've basically cut it out from the canon.

If only William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross could have reprised his role in the most recent Marvel film.

If only we lived in that world.

Wow, that's a terrible idea.
I'm fucking baffled.

Huh. Interesting.

Now explain THIS.

>Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!

ALFRED

YOU FUCK

>James Bond keeps changing appearence
James Bond was a code name.

>Jason Bourne was Jeremy Renner
He was a previous super soldier project.

>why Dumbledore looked different after Micheal Gambon took over.
Appearance change spell.

>No-one questions why James Bond keeps changing appearence

I always thought it was a fake name each 007 used

top fucking kek. Jesus Christ, user.

...Are we certain that Terence Howard is actually black?

Are we certain that 1x1=1?

RDJ has the same skin tone as him. Hell, I'm darker than Terence Howard and I'm not even black.

""""Terryology"""" is the single stupidest thing ever.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

The new Rhodey grew on me. Maybe they should pull a Lucas and redo all his scenes in the first film.