Is the Han Solo film doomed?

Is the Han Solo film doomed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's a dumb fucking idea

All future Stars Wars films should be hand animated in the style of "Heavy Metal" and R or NC-17 rated.

I second this idea.

And have Sammy Hagar do all the music.

This.

>you now remember how fucking badass Grievous was in OG Clone Wars

why can't we go back

Disney's Young Han Solo in Space...

>Grevious is too violent and is not a female so he is now dropped from future Star Wars projects.

They truly fucked up in not casting Anthony Ingruber. I know autistic fans bring up his name a lot but if Daisy Ridley and John Boyega can be in a movie on their own then so could he.
Alden Ehrenreich is a good actor but he looks nothing like Ford.

The thing is...we like han solo because if Harrison Ford. Ford had a natural charisma that not just any actor has.

This was a stupid idea. Star wars is gonna get old fast

And include narration by a live-action Billy Dee Williams, a la Fat Albert or Reading Rainbow

It isn't just that.
It's the fact that we don't really know much about his past. It's not important to who or where he's at when we're first introduced to him.

Ehrenreich was alright in Hail, Caesar, but he has zero charisma and does not strike me as a leading man whatsoever. He's seriously one of the weirdest looking dudes, how do they expect women to want to go see this kid to a shitty Han Solo impression?

Just looked up Anthony Ingruber and I think I like men now.

>actor cast can't act himself out of a paper bag.
>two talented directors walked off/fired.
>script was supposed to be taken seriously.
>Previous Star Wars Anthology film went under extensive reshoots as well.

I have little or no faith this movie will be any good.

We know who he is by his actions in the 3 original films. We don't need any more information.

>comedy to serious flick
>shit acting
>switched directors midshoot
Its going to be fantastic 4 levels of bad and I'm so fucking excited to witness it

>Han Solo starts off as a good guy in the film negating all the character development of the original trilogy.

Can you guys not talk about how bad this is going to be? I actually want it to be bad and fail, and you guys are always wrong, so shut the fuck up until it's released.

New alien confirmed.

>Emilia Clarke
Yes it's doomed. I don't know how she keeps getting work

I haven't seen one thing starring Emilia Clarke that ended up being good, other than season one of Game of Thrones. The moment she was shown to be in the movie, I knew it was doomed.

Also this

He was great in that first episode he showed up. Too bad they nerfed his fighting style later.

>A
>FUCKING
>ACTING
>COACH

It'll make like $800 million, get mixed to positive reviews with most critics praising the humour and Donald Glover as Lando.
I bet there'll even be some dumbass critic who says something along the lines of "Even though this was not the Star Wars movie I was looking for, I still had a fun ride". Screencap this post.

Came here to say this

Safest bet possible. They'll say that despite not being as memorable as Harrison Ford, the main actor is charming in his own way.

bane?

Is Jabba the (((Hutt))) in the film?

It's going to be shitty normie tier stuff. Star Wars ended with Lucas selling it and I wish the franchise would die but that's not going to happen. I just hate that they can't do things outside of the box.

what do you think about Star Wars Rebels?

do you guys now Star Wars Legends (everything that is non-canon now) games / comics that is still continuing (Like Star Wars Old Republic)

>we could have had a Han Solo/Lando movie where Lando takes a naive young Solo under his wing
>Solo just wants to be a pilot and join the empire's tie-fighter regiment
>on their first ride-along Lando takes Solo to tatooine to meet with the hutts where a drug deal goes bad
>Lando abandons him and takes the Falcon with him
>after being imprisoned by bounty hunters, Solo meets a Wookiee who helps him break out
>Lando has a change of heart and decides to turn back to rescue Solo
>Solo decides he likes the adventure of the smuggling business after all, but Lando decides he no longer wants to be in it
>Solo somehow swindles him out of the Falcon and escapes tattooine with Chewie
>Training Day in space
>Rated R
>At some point in the film Han fucks a twilek prostitute
>Practical Effects, little to no CG
A man can dream

Who's that qt though?

>Woody "The Meme" Harrelson

How is it he attracts so many reddit roles

one of the fired directors, I think. The dude with the black jacket on the left is the other fired director.

That's the stupidest fucking post I've read in nearly an hour.

It's fanservice, shit eating millenials will love it and it will make loads of money.

explain why user. i thought it was kino.

Phil Lord

Thanks!

I'd rather watch a movie all about Greedo doing disgusting bad shit to people.

>take important character or event from series
>make solo movie surrounding said character/event
>add additional bland characters to movie
>create reason why the character is important in the wider canon
>Create solo movies for new characters
Rinse and repeat
>make billions and billions of dollars off stupid Star Wars fans
Hell, I've already seen people begging for a Jyn Erso solo movie, and I could definitely see Disney creating a series of Han Solo recast adventure movies if all goes well.
>mfw Star Wars becomes the new Marvel expanded universe

implying Han didn't actually steal and trade that shipment for a bunch of deathsticks.

>>mfw Star Wars becomes the new Marvel expanded universe
are you actually retarded? Star Wars has had an EU for 40 fucking years

youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4
THATS WHAT IM SAYIN MAN

>are you actually retarded?
Are you? I was talking about how Marvel Film EU spits out another superhero movie spinoff every other year. Wasn't that fucking obvious?

The dude playing Han looks older than Ford did in the originals. What a fuck up.

thats basically what Star Wars has already done in the form of TV specials, re-releases, toy releases, Novels, Comic-Books, Sequels, Prequels, Specials, etc for the past 40 years.

Doomed to make over 1 billion dollars at the box office like Force Awakens and Rogue One. Normie faggots and Star Wars fans don't care about the quality of the film. They just want to see goofy Star Wars shit that they remember from the originals.

In the long run, Kathleen Kennedy ruined Star Wars. The gender and race baiting was completely unnecessary for a solid franchise like Star Wars. This stupid cunt treated Star Wars like it was a failed franchise that desperately needed change like the Spiderman series. I don't understand why Disney keep her, they will regret it dearly. SHe will drive Lucasfilm into deep shit just like Amy Pascal did to Sony

>had to have an acting coach brought on set for the lead

dropped immediately and permanently right there.
I'm sure this will make at least decent money but I won't be spending my shekels.

Yes

I bet there's gonna be at least one joke where han solo sees something that the audience knows is really important and remark about how uninteresting it is. Like he'll just bump in to fuckin darth maul or something and just say "hey watch it pal >:(" and walk off, or accidently find a lightsaber and thing "what a piece of junk" and throw it away.

Not if she keeps turning out the billion dollar blockbusters.

You have to remember that blacks, mexicans, children, millennials, self-hating whites, and the Chinese Master Race don't care about anti-white male propaganda. We're the minority. Hillary won the popular vote.

>Superhero movies are going to get old fa-

Oh, wait....

It will make money, but just like the previous two Disney movies as well as the prequels, it will be a forgettable flick.

The only positive thing I can think of that image is that Josh Trank's Han Solo movie would have been even more terrible.
But at least the threads about it would have been funny.
That flick looks too lame to even shitpost about it.

All of the people they brought in have fucked it up.

Kasdan was shown to be a meme, and George no doubt was what made ESB so good. JJ is the biggest hack around.

The new directors and writers are shit. Casting is 99 percent terrible.

It's a mess.

it will take years until people will admit that Force Awakens (and probably the rest of the new Star Wars trilogy) is dog shit but that will not matter because until than they will make billions of Dollars...

>Ehrenreich was discovered at a friend's bat mitzvah reception by Steven Spielberg, when Spielberg watched a comedy video created by Ehrenreich and a friend, "which began in the present and eventually cut to 20 or 30 years later, with Mr. Ehrenreich, in a kimono, screaming to stop a wedding." Ehrenreich has described the comedic performance he gave in the movie as, "I ran around as a skinny little punk, trying on girls' clothes and eating dirt." He was then contacted by DreamWorks, a studio which Spielberg helped found, and met with its casting director. The meeting with Spielberg led to acting roles on television shows such as Supernatural and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.[9]

AHAHAHAHAH CANT MAKE THIS UP

That would be pretty cool

> game of thrones
> ever good

Its always been Jewish-run propaganda, even in the first season for example they changed the person at the wall from going there because of a woman's false rape accusations to a lord feeling him up because muh feminism.

This, whatever else was wrong with Star Wars like the dialogue in the prequels or whatever, none of that is anywhere near as bad as the feminist horseshit being pushed by the dumb bitch Kathleen Kennedy

based Sup Forums poster

I expect it to be like Suicide Squad without any of the edgy humor and sex appeal.

But how can he play Han

Han is supposed to look good

JUST FEED[/spoiler] MY MOVIE UP, HAM.

yes because jews

because they are going for "yassss queen slaaaaay" audience

this is ok up until lando has a change of heart. instead, han finds a way off tattooine with chewie, seeks some kind of revenge on lando, ends up not killing him or anything, but winning the falcon playing mind games over the card game, maybe cheat a little since empire is 'after what you pulled', but this is a good start, let's brainstorm this and pitch it to kat ken in the morning

Which character is the stand in for Kathleen? The GoT chick?

Disney letting that dumb bitch Kennedy hire fucking amateurs to handle a multi-billion dollar franchise is finished, that's for sure.

They might have realized that audiences go into Star Wars expecting something a smidgen higher in quality than Marvel dreck.

>two talented directors

lel wut?

They make garbage, TV tier garbage.

They made a mistake hiring newbies and hacks to handle high pressure projects like this.

It's not even about talent - Garreth Edwards is a decent visual director, but it was clear he was over his head under these conditions - With J.J. he was able to tell them to fuck off and let him finish the film properly.

They should have been going with guys like Ron Howard or Gore Verbinski in the first place.

There's no point hiring directors on an experimental basis and then asking them to deliver competent, generic product.

>Let's hire guys who make dumb improv comedies for kids

>Hey, what's with the all the dumb improv?

Kennedy is the weak link.

This is actually really common.

All of Arnies films had them.

Meryl Streep frequently uses coaches on her films.

Yeah right, just like reshooting the entire movie, it was all planned. Stop parroting the studios propaganda. Kathleen Kennedy handpicked Alden Enrecht because he belongs to Spielberg and Coppola's cricle. The original directors auditionned 3000 actors but were all dismissed in favor of Alden.