Anyone else prefer Batman when he's not grungy and dark...

Anyone else prefer Batman when he's not grungy and dark? I find Batman more like BATB Batman or Adam West Batman more appealing. The "serious, dark loner" Bats is seriously boring. Even in the 40s comics I've read he wasn't so grim.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs
youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I bet you watch power rangers too right?

I could never get into sentai, no.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Who did he kill in TDKR? When and how did he act like a psychopath? Is this abut TDKSA?

Cos they had introduced Robin by that time.

I just don't like big, beefy, brawler Batman. It's so much better when he's lean with a too long to be real cape that moves in nightmarish, yet impossible, ways.

This is really biased, and how the fuck is miller sexist? He writes empowered women. In sin city they're prostitutes, but that's the point of sin city. The guys are all drug addicted, drunk, whoremongers, who often have schizophrenia or some mental ptsd. The point is these are the worst people and they're good/heroes in a shit corrupt city. This comic misses the point completely and reads more like an opinion based on an Internet opinion, never actually reading the material.

I prefer a balance honestly. Batman is a serious dude, but sometimes he's got a dry sense of humor. I prefer him with a big Bat family and being friendly with the league

>Dobson

whycantwehavebothtacogirl.jpeg

I love two versions of the bat.
The one where he is the man that can do what Bruce Wayne can't to make the city a better place,
And the one where he takes out the bad guys like if he was a monster in a horror movie while Bruce Wayne pretends to be living the good life.

>homophobic
haha what

The person who made this comic needs to read more Batman...
Batman Hangs a Mental Patient from the Batplane (Batman No. 1, 1940)

Never read TDKSA I take it?

Can there ever be a mix between the two?

The Brave and Bold did a good job with this, they made Batman super serious while making the world around him colorful and wacky, it was like the snake codecs from smash bros, hilarious to see a super serious guy dealing with weird shit like it was an everyday thing

I mean come on,

Bruno is the epitome of "empowered woman".

I agree with OP and watch Power Rangers as well as Super Sentai. What now you little cunt?

You can't have a "phobia" of something which is objectively abominable and disgusting. It's like calling someone a "murderphobe" because he doesn't like baby killing.

Fags should be cured from their disease.

There's plenty of content and capability for both mature/serious and campy/silly. That's one of the strengths of the character.

Saying he should be done only one way tells me you don't have a healthy respect for the character.

OK. Nice blog, where do I subscribe?

Oh yeah because a character whose entire worldview is centered around the murder of his parents should be happy and light.

If there's one character who should be "serious and dark loner" it's Batman.

Power Rangers can be pretty entertaining at times, broski.

for those wondering here is sauce to OP

youtube.com/watch?v=z65aq1EVGhs

I love both versions, actually.

>"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman is this badass ninja detective monk, any other version is wrong

I think BATB really nailed this characterization.

sd

>parents get murdered right in front of him
>dress as a bat to scare criminals
>better act like a whimsical faggot

'no'

>Not liking Power Rangers

Goddamn, Dobson is fucking pathetic.
Also if you want lught hearted capes there's a shit ton of them, go read Captain Marvel/Shazam. Batman is dark, he was one of the first capes to wear black.

My nigga.

I prefer a more professional Batman.
More like the master martial artist and detective, less like a brooding and quietly emotional ninja.

It's Dobson, he's a delusional retard.

I'M SORRY, BUT THAT'S NOT MUH BATMAN

Every second other superhero has a dead parent too.

Not gonna lie, this made me laugh!

Yes, you can, retard.
That's the very definition of a phobia, it's irrational. You can be scared by spiders or you can have a phobia of spiders. The latter gets anxiety attacks at the thought of the mere possibility of having a spider around.
You can and should be scared of sharks, to some degree. but a person with galeophobia will feel sick looking at a picture of the ocean.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M

He shot that mutant who was holding the baby hostage. Some people say he only shot her in the shoulder, but she looked pretty dead to me.

Justice League and JLU had a well balanced Batman.

He was serious about his "job" but was allowed to smile every once in a while.

Is Dobson Linkara's alt personality?

Bruce Wayne is angsty and psychological disturbed.

A lot of writers filter that as being grungy grimdark and cool.

I personally prefer it when it acknowledges, recognizes and works with how silly it is and has been historically and works that in with however grimdark you want to make the story.

One of my favorite things is a super grimdark batman contrasted by an INCREDIBLY campy but still dangerous joker.

I'm just tired of it due to sheer oversaturation. That's all DC does anymore outside of comics, it gets really old after a while.

>Implying the first year of a 70 year cimoc book career means jackshit

I was so disappointed there was never an actual episode where the Robot Batman got reactivated and Terry had to fight it. That would've been the tits, taking on the image of his mentor in his prime.

Would've made a great series finale, come to it.

>badass ninja detective monk
That sounds silly.

Has there ever been a version that treated Batman and Bruce Wayne as separate personalities? Just full on schizophrenic?

I know Marvel did that with Moonknight but I mean a Batman specifically.

By your logic, Superman should still be beating Japs and be an asshole to Jimmy.

Yeah, sounds like something from a comic book, almost.

>he was one of the first capes to wear black.
He was one of the first capes period.

Hey, if gays mean the worldwide population will slim down a bit in the coming generations, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. We've only got the one planet, and until we can terrarium other planets, we've gotta make this one last.

I always preferred the begrudging family man shit, but I'm a fag for that kind of stuff. That's why my favorite anime movie is Summer Wars and my favorite comic is Fantastic Four.

I prefer it when Batman works alone.

Except when he works with Alfred.

Which is all the time.

Neal Adams' Bats is probably my ideal Batman.

Grim avenger of the night, master detective and street level; but not afraid of having a competent Robin or going on sci-fi adventures.

The problem I have with most Batman interpretations is he's too damn competent. I don't want a man in a super protected suit outsmarting Superman and being an ass.

I think the earliest episodes of Batman: The Animated Series got it right. Bruce was charismatic, charming, and would still crack a joke or two...even as Batman. However, in The New Batman Adventures, he's a complete hardass, super professional, dick. And it kinda got worse over time.

He needs emotions that are more raw, not emotions constantly tinged with that anger. I get it, he's upset with the world because of a traumatic event--but they don't show us how emotionally he's hurt. He's like a robot, always "fighting the war on crime".

I want Batman to be a man for once. I mean, Jesus Christ, that's why I like the character.

Considering that the OP talks about "even in the 40s he wasn't so grim", yeah it kinda does.

boco is right for once

Boco can't be right. It's literally impossible you ass kissing tulip.

How is it any different from reading about colorful men in spandex fighting evil?

trips confirm the Boco can literally never be right, and that all who support him are "ass-kissing tulips"

Because Batman is no longer colorful...

I personally think BATB Batman is best personality when he's interacting with other superheroes (Except Clark, who he gets more chummy with)

But solo Batman in Gotham without someone outside the Batfamily? Gotta be grim. It makes sense, while he's in Gotham without the counterbalance of a less disturbed hero to help him out, you'd think he'd go full on into Batdick mode. TAS Batman works here, IMO.

And no, I haven't read many of the comics. I mean I've read many of the 'essentials' like the Year One GN, Hush, TDK, TKJ, Knightfall etcetera, but I haven't read almost any of the actual character defining arcs like Morrison or No Man's Land(?) yet

Only in one of those years he was, then it quickly became silly nonsense once Robin shows up. It wasn't even a full year; a few issues at most.

>I mean I've read many of the 'essentials' like the Year One GN, Hush, TDK, TKJ, Knightfall etcetera, but I haven't read almost any of the actual character defining arcs like Morrison or No Man's Land(?) yet
I don't see how Morrison's run or No Man's Land is more character defining than the stuff you mentioned.

Well, Morrison and No Man's Land are long-form arcs that, at least in Morrison's case, are often cited as some high quality Batman. Sure, at this point I feel I understand the character, but I'm missing vital parts of his development, at least in terms of post-crisis Batman.

TDK is an alternate universe Batman, technically, Year One 'might' be, TKJ seems like it takes place in the middle of his career rather than late in it, and though Hush and Knightfall can be considered important arcs they are only small parts of the whole. Not only that, I'm not even considering his non-solo appearances in Justice League and his teamups with Clark. There's still a lot I could learn.

I'm a a pretty hardcore left wing type guy myself.

But when I read that all I could think of was "cuck" and "numale".

Whoever the fuck wrote that is a fucking asshole, who probably also doesn't like Miller's run on Daredevil either.

Batman's chill when he's with the Justice League because it's like a fucking vacation compared to the madness he has to deal with in Gotham.

>Frank Miller, I don't care how "good" your work is in the eyes of many, I think you are just a sick man. And I am glad the cancer is going to get you soon.

Literal quote from this fuck-knuckle's DeviantArt page.

Agreed OP, that's why The Batman is my favorite animated version of the character even though I agree that TAS is the better series.

no I only like dark grunge edgicool hipster Batman.

Tried getting into Batman a few months ago. The way he treats people. even those he considers family, makes me believe he's going to die alone and full of regret and I'd have it no other way. It's what he deserves.

The only times he ever lightened up was when he pushed someone too far but then it was right back to it. Can only stand the DCAU version now.

Dark Bats can be sometimes entertaining in small doses but is more often than not prety lame. Fun Batman is something I can enjoy any time. Yes, West is best.

>Superman should still be beating Japs and be an asshole to Jimmy.
He should! Not Japs though, gotta stay current. He should be beating up Islamics now.

Yeah. Right.

He COULD be and you simply CAN'T say that this is something out of character because otherwise you will be legitimate hypocrite.

Character defining or not, I've just started re-reading Morrison's run. It's just so good, it's so much better than anything written before or since, his writing and his Batman is just on a completely different level.

I've read Miller's, Milligan's, Grant's, most of O'Neil's and Snyder's Batman. Morrison's just blows them all out of the water, it's ridiculous.

I'm not even that much of a Morrison fag otherwise, only read his Batman and New X-men, but his Batman? There's just nothing better.

>I'm not even that much of a Morrison fag
Yeah sure

Why are you such leftards that makes everyone gay, genderbend every hero and open the flood gates to faggots then complains about all this stuff? Honest question, not trolling, what is your buzz, what's the thrill, why are you doing this? Why making every white guy a noble WE WAZ KANGS AND SUPERMAN and gay/lgbt/demi dragon boi and then complain about how everything is ''watering down''

What the fuck where you really expecting? Again honest question, what was your end game here? To sabotage yourself?

My nigga.

>batman giving away his equipment
>in character
>but they can probably loophole the shit out of tit by saying it was a fake and he lied and he's still in characater and lalala can't hear you because you're just a nerd and I'm a normie just doing his job and I don't give a fuck about your stupid comics so I'll do what I want with the character just to finish my day of work and go back watching Storage War aka DC since 1945

That's the problem with being inclusive, you have to let the retards in...

100% Detective with seedy cases if you want grimdark. I'm surprise they didn't give him a smoking addiction just to cool himself down.

but batman has always been gay, user.

>But solo Batman in Gotham without someone outside the Batfamily? Gotta be grim. It makes sense, while he's in Gotham without the counterbalance of a less disturbed hero to help him out, you'd think he'd go full on into Batdick mode. TAS Batman works here, IMO.

Beware the Batman had this, where he started out OK, if a bit arrogant. But then he lost Alfred for a bit and Katana wasn't enough support and he went full Bat-Dick before Alfred returned to pull him out of it.

Batman works best as the only person taking things seriously, surrounded by colorful fun heroes and villains while he sits in the corner being captain buzzkill and thinking about ways to be prepared for things.

...because the DCAU version is exactly what you described, right down to old Bruce being lonely and cranky?

Fuck, listen to yourself - the way "he" treats people, what "he" deserves. He's a fucking fictional character. He says and does and deserves whatever the writer decides. There are plenty of Bat-writers who don't write him as an asshole for cheap drama.

Characters that defines themselves by their depressions and brooding tends to be very shallow characters.

Man, Dobson is such a fucking edgelord.

I've been watching Adam West batman and love his attention to the law like he won't park the batmobile in a no parking zone or drive it after he wakes up from getting drugged by some lady. I know this is a really old kids show and that's why he is like he is. It just seems like comedy especially when every hero now doesn't mind smashing the shit out of the city and hurting people. It's like robot chicken-esque comedy to me.

People don't realize that show was ironic. It was parodying superheroes

Not Adam West level, but Batman doesn't need to be grim and edgy all the time. Let him smile a bit every now and then. I also think he's at his best when the bat family around. Really, DCAU Batman was a good balance.

Someone post that page with Bruce, Alfred, Damian, and Dick watching Zorro.

>I know this is a really old kids show and that's why he is like he is.
Uhhh, actually it was intended for all ages. The very things that you find funny were just as funny to parents watching with their kids in 1966. The first episode is still the most played-straight of the entire series too - it becomes way more obvious they're being deliberately campy as the series goes on.

Heck, the show was inspired by parties William Dozier attended at the Playboy Mansion where they'd get fucked up, then watch the old Batman serials and bust a gut laughing. So even back when it was new, the 60s show was defined by grown men ironically enjoying stuff made 20+ years ago for children.