I'm re-watching the original Avatar and holy shit. How can Korra even compare...

I'm re-watching the original Avatar and holy shit. How can Korra even compare? How can Korrafags say their shitty show is superior to TLAB?

They can say it, but that doesn't make it true.

I know but still. How are Korrafags so deluded?

Who the fuck says that?

Did you read the OP? He clearly said Korrafags say that.

Recently I've watched all three seasons of TLAB and started TLoK, and, well, I was dissappointed. I think I just miss the old characters and when I heard that Sokka is dead in this series I just lost the purpose. I'd love to see some specials related to the Team Avatar, with Sokka's puns, Zuko's unstability and stuff, and yeah, I know that there are comics, but it's just not the same.
And today I statred watching Wakfu, is it going to fill the hole left by TLAB?

Well I don't think we should compare those shows since their target group is different (Aang series was more for pre-teens and teens while Korra for older teens and a bit for young adults). In my opinion both are good at what they're doing. Aang's series was more goofy, the humour was better and it still managed to have really amazing message behind it. Korra was about different topics, the humour was not that good and love related drama was really tiring, but it had goos message and was really interesting.

Also Asami. :)))))

>is it going to fill the hole left by TLAB?

The hips will get stuck halfway in the hole.

There is no place, aside from /u/, where people say Korra compares or exceeds Airbender. If you can link me to at least three ongoing discussion of such a thing, then I'll be surprised. No one talks about Korra anymore aside from Sup Forums.

You can say that but then how come a show for pre-teens had the superior writing, characters, setting, action plot and music?

I've yet to hear anyone ever say that Korra came within the vicinity of having as good of a plot and pacing as TLA did.

Pray tell, where are these "korrafags" who say this?

Man, Katara is so much cuter than Korra.

>How can Korrafags say their shitty show is superior to TLAB?
Because they weren't old enough to fully enjoy the superior Avatar timeline.

Well it was just written better. Also I think a lot of people can't look at Korra objectively because they watched Aang's series first, maybe even when they were kids. It's the same things which goes with reboots or continuations of a series after years- even when they are good people will always rate them worse because of nostalgia. Also I said that Korra had some flaws Aang's series didn't and I don't think Korra is superior - the only thing that bothers me is the nostalgia ridden opinions. Also I don't think everyone looks at Korra being nostalgic, but it is a great issue in the fandom.

She is, but man, Azula was the best bae in ATLA.

>People will never judge X objectively if they watched it first because nostalgia

Even as a general statement towards this one specific case this is unbelievably stupid; ironically more biased a claim than the people you refer to.

>a 14 year old is cuter than an 84 year old
Astounding deduction

I said "a lot of people" and "I don't think everyone looks at Korra being nostalgic" but yeah reading with understanding can be hard am I right?

Man, Aang could have gotten all the pussy he wanted in Kyoshi.

Do korra hating weaklings always troll this desperately?

OP the last airbender was lightning in a bottle and no matter what you or I want or what the creators and animators do; there will never be another avatar series as good as the first one.Stop comparing this with korra or the comics they are their own things.

This thread contributes nothing.

Nothing fills the hole like Avatar user. I just watch animu to fill the void.

>Even as a general statement towards this one specific case

Oh yeah reading must be so hard for you.

Korra's problem is that the seasons got so much shorter. It needed more filler episodes to better develop the characters and their relationships and flesh out the modern setting. The First Book is kind of a rushed mess because you've got the introduction of Republic City, the Tournament Arc, the Equalist uprising stuff and shipping drama all crammed into like 12 episodes and throwing in an awkward ending because they weren't sure if a sequel series to Avatar would get more episodes.

ATLA on the other hand had a three act structure story spanning the series that unfolded at a leisurely pace and except for Great Divide and Painted Lady, the filler episodes were generally pretty solid and had nice character moments. You connected with the characters because they gave you time to appreciate them. Korra gets better in Book 3, but it still remains stuck in the original show's shadow.