You know what I miss? Disney ripoffs...

You know what I miss? Disney ripoffs. I miss all those shoddy films that were quick cash-ins and I miss the better ones like Balto and Prince of Egypt that were still clearly heavily inspired by Disney. It seems like those don't happen more, except for those ones by that studio that made the Cars clones.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63_RrDi-lXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When Disney changed their tone, the rest of the industry changed their tone.

Their current tone seems pretty similar to the Renaissance era tone. I am surprised Frozen didn't get more cash ins.

>It seems like those don't happen more, except for those ones by that studio that made the Cars clones.
I mean...they clearly do still happen.

There's Tangled Up. Frozen Land. Life's a Jungle (of Madagascar).

Just do a search for Disney mockbusters.

It doesn't help that Disney sues these companies into oblivion.

I remember one Canadian one that was mistaken for a mock buster but wasn't. It was just America marketing it as a Frozen ripoff

The Secret Life of Pets and SING! are trying to go into the Zootopia bandwagon

I wish we lived in a world where Dreamworks had only made high quality religious and mythological films like Prince of Egypt.

How? Secret Life is completely different

Only 90s kids remember these

My mum told me to watch SBS one day since "anime" and it was that. Forgot the name though.

I think we've finally reached the 90s saturation level again due to how cheap CGI is getting

Who is the Don Bluth of the 2010s?

That's a cute as fuck picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=63_RrDi-lXc

You know what I miss? Theatrically-released 2D animated movies.

the MLP movie is the only one coming out all next year

except snow queen is the original fucking story (not in this image obviously)

frozen is a piece of shit trashing of the original concept that barely makes sense

I'm okay with that honestly. More filmmakers should try to do their own thing rather than leeching off of the success of someone else

eh.. i think disney changed their visual tone TO the dreamworksy look. i mean you could argue pocahontas started it but it wasnt in full swing til emperor's new groove
meanwhile these ripoffs were the only ones still doing shit with heart, while disney was trying to be zany wacky

Don't think of it as leeching, think of it as CLIMBING
there's a bunch of fucking retarded assjuice that keeps good shit from making it professionally, right? we know that
so if you can use the dumbass random tendencies of common folktards as your steppingstool, then i say do it.

Frozen Land was not a disney ripoff and doesn't actually resemble Frozen at all outside of having a lot of snow. It's just that the distributor decided to change the title from Legend of Sarilla and redesign the cover and font to look more like Frozen to try to ride the coattails of Frozen's success last minute.

Secret Life seems more like its imitating Pixar movies than Zootopia.

It sounds like you're implying that the Emperor's New Groove is bad or undesirable in some way. Don't make me hurt you bro.

What about this?

Prince of Egypt is better than any shit Disney has ever put out. Both music wise and visually.

Tom Bluth and Prince of Egypt can't be disney ripoffs when most of their staff previously worked at disney studios

This desu.

Cheap knockoff!

No one. Dreamworks and Blue Sky are both in ruts and Latka is basically doing it for art