What happened to the American dream

What happened to the American dream

It's here brother! Eat ass and you too can have the dream!

He's gorgeous

Nothing. I'm living it.

It's still here but it's not as easy as it used to be.

The generation that lived the American dream wants to steal money from you so they can keep living it.

racist

It came true! You're looking at it.

How is it racist you dumb faggot? I know a lot of successful colored people

It was just a dream.

t. bigot
jump off a bridge you racist enabler

>I'm not successful so I'm going to blame it on racism instead of looking at myself and fixing the problem

You’re not rich or making any substantial amount of money though. I bet the average Chinaman is richer than you

>the average chinamen is richer
Are you this retarded?

Obama was the american dream

trump is the american reality

>average Chinaman is richer

Depends on your definition of rich. The american dream applied to the middle class of the 1950s and 1960s and the ability to support an entire family with one breadwinner. I can do that as a software developer and I'm certainly nothing special.

it got outsourced

the american dream was for immigrants retards, not actual americans
the modern american dream is to make enough money live well in the third world like india, china, eastern europe, etc

No the american dream was a real thing. Blue collar jobs were breadwinner jobs. The american dream however was a very unnatural phenomenon and it only existed because of the massive war economy.

I think the 50's and 60's were extremely prosperous because the rest of the world was still recovering from the destruction of WW2 while the US remained unscratched besides Hawaii. The war saved our ass from the great depression

capitalism happened

>chinese unironically have to install safety nets on buildings to prevent people from jumping and ending it all

it turned into a nightmare

Good posts leafbros

More like therest of the world caught up and the US lost it's incredible gap in share of world wealth. The US owned 50% of the world's wealth in 1950

Kek, havent seen this one

This
Now that the rest of the world is modernizing or has modernized, the world economy is a different scene

I am also a software developer and am mostly living the "American Dream". Unfortunately many people aren't.

Basically these. The US no longer accounts for 40% of the world's GDP. In the past, the US made so much money that even blue collar workers could live well. This was helped by the Union movement. These days, there's less money flowing into the US. The US still has the largest nominal GDP but unless it's distributed more equally and public services are improved quality of life is going to keep falling.

Real wages have not kept up with inflation since the 1970s. To make up for the gap, you're compensated with advances in technology and easy lines of credit.