People are wondering why there is such a disagreement between film critics and fans...

> People are wondering why there is such a disagreement between film critics and fans. The answer is actually pretty simple, film critics showed up to this movie to see a film, not validate their obsession with a fucking action figure.
youtu.be/yL7UStivFHY?t=5

Oooooh

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763
youtu.be/PLLQK9la6Go
youtu.be/0myB9YZIzeI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums got btfo'd

>YMS

I just went to have a good time watching a movie desu

>MCU are films then
Sure

It's pretty disgusting to see people praise it out of brand loyalty when it makes a complete mockery of Suicide Squad as a franchise. This is the kind of movie that deserves to be completely forgotten like Elektra, Catwoman, or Green Lantern but DC nerds are holding on to it because they're so upset that Marvel has decent movies.

John Ostrander loved it.

If you don't like comics you shouldnt go see comic book movies. End of story. You can say well Marvel is accessible to normies all you want but thats cause most of those characters are only the character in name. They alter whatever they need to for mass appeal. WB does the same thing but to a far lesser extent and relies more on iconic scenes.

If that were true then only TWS would be fresh on RT...maybe IM1 too.
Also the reactions online from the ''''''''pros''''''' about SS success paints a clear picture of why the ''''''''critics'''''' hated this movie...and it wasn't the quality.

And James Cameron said Genesys is a great Terminator movie

How many times are you going to post this?

Why do people think IM1 was particularly good? The entire third act was horse shit. 2/3rds a good movie isn't a good movie!

>You can say well Marvel is accessible to normies all you want but thats cause most of those characters are only the character in name.
>WB does the same thing but to a far lesser extent and relies more on iconic scenes.

>it makes a complete mockery of suicide squad as a franchise
How?

It was a pretty good movie
It was well worth the price of admission
you're a giant faggot

Jesus christ marvelcucks are getting salty, they don't like getting outquipped I guess

So you're saying Ostrander is a liar.

If something is unenjoyable unless you're familiar with the source material, then it's a bad adaptation.

Not wrong!

Christ how can anyone listen to this guy?

I'm saying it doesn't matter. But why not? Maybe he's a liar, maybe he's just happy Suicide Squad had a movie at all, maybe he's a pleb

Well I can tell you as a comic book fan I actually like that the WB movies seem bad if you don't recognize all the iconic imagery. It adds depth, and gives you more insight if you are familiar with the properties, as it should considering all the money and time you pour into these characters. I don't want to go see a movie that any normie can pick up on everything. I want them to walk out feeling confused while I smugly know everything that is going on.

He's right. Fanboys will give praise to something just because it's from a company they like. How can anyone on Sup Forums deny this?

I'm loving every second of it, those defeated/angry articles that surfaced today...tasty af.

>Also the reactions online from the ''''''''pros''''''' about SS success paints a clear picture of why the ''''''''critics'''''' hated this movie...and it wasn't the quality.

Oh my, why would you say something like that? Is it because of articles like this?

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763

I think it does matter, when you're trying to say you know suicide squad better than Ostrander it matters.

>If something is unenjoyable unless you're familiar with the source material, then it's a bad adaptation.

Like BvS which knowing the source material might even make it worse

>I actually like that the WB movies seem bad if you don't recognize all the iconic imagery
But "iconic imagery" doesn't make a movie. You like to shit on Marvel, right? But according to that logic movies like Civil War are perfect for simply referencing "iconic imagery" like pic related. I mean, what, are you saying comics are just a string of loosely-narratively-tied pictures? You have to work on characters and story to get the full product, to actually achieve something worthwile

>It adds depth
It adds trivia

>and gives you more insight if you are familiar with the properties
How does knowing Superman died at some point in comics give me more insight about how he died in BvS? Especially considering the almost extremely different context and execution?

>I don't want to go see a movie that any normie can pick up on everything. I want them to walk out feeling confused while I smugly know everything that is going on.
Is this bait? The heck

What exactly makes Ostrander a good boy compared to Cameron? Why are you calling Cameron a liar, user?

Let me select some of the finest points of this piece of Marvel friendly internet journalism, taken into account in those Rotten Tomatoes aggregations we all love so much

>Fine, fanboys, you win—for now. Suicide Squad opened to a record-breaking $131.5 million at the domestic box office
>CinemaScore from viewers overall and an A- from female viewers, confusing the hell out of publications (like The A.V. Club) that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays about how gross it is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spends most of the movie in spangled short-shorts and a jacket that says “Property of the Joker” on the back
>The film did plummet 40 percent from Friday night—when all the biggest superhero fans presumably saw it, took selfies in front of the cardboard cutout in the lobby, and raved to the guy in the polo shirt holding the iPad how great it was afterwards

Horsehit
We bashed MoS and BvS pretty hard not to mention GL

>> People are wondering why there is such a disagreement between film critics and fans. The answer is actually pretty simple, film critics showed up to this movie to see a film, not validate their obsession with a fucking action figure.
well its true, critics are professional who go to critic a movie not enjoy it, fans go to be fans.
its understandable.

Movie was fun, a solid 6/7, nothing special, nothing too bad.

You are so retarded

>Also the reactions online from the ''''''''pros''''''' about SS success paints a clear picture of why the ''''''''critics'''''' hated this movie...and it wasn't the quality.

JUST

Opposite actually. Film critics showed up to tear the thing to pieces despite not being worse than other shit they praise (Civil War no less!) while the normies went in without any side in the console wars and had fun just like the movie intended

Who cares about this sexist trash? There is nothing more to harley quinn than her relationship with the joker, a man. God forbid she have her own character arc outside of a relationship! it's racist too, waller is just an extreme variant on the maid from tom and jerry.

>not validate their obsession with a fucking action figure.

What a weird defense.

>You have to work on characters and story to get the full product, to actually achieve something worthwile

No. There doesn't need to be 50 buildup movies for a team up movie. If you honestly believe that you are an idiot. You can progress a character in 1 film as shown in BvS with Batman.

>it adds trivia
No, it gives you a sense of accomplishment knowing youve spent hours reading all this stuff and they acknowledge and appreciate that.

>How does knowing Superman died at some point in comics give me more insight about how he died in BvS? Especially considering the almost extremely different context and execution?

Becuase I know he's not dead. That he is just in a coma healing, something most people didn't get at all.

>Is this bait? The heck
No, long time fans of these IPs that have supported them long before normies should walk away feeling more satisified and with more knowledge of what happened than the average viewer. They've earned that.

no you didn't you lying piece of shit

GROSS
MISOGYNISTIC
RACIST
ISLAMOPHOBIC
UGH
NOT DISNEY

I ain't clicking that. Sounds like he's some buttblasted numale cuck.

I don't know how you guys can defend this trash. Sure, it has comicbook characters but the movie was complete garbage. The reason why a lot of critics hate this movie is because the editing, the jokes, and the story.

>Editing
The editing was fucking horrendous. You could tell those "Flashback" scenes were part of a complete movie at one point (and they were) but instead they were show horned in. There was also a reason pop song for every scene even if the scene didn't need one. There was a scene were the Suicide Squad was gearing up and a fucking Eminem song was playing on in the background for no reason. The movie was originally supposed to be a lot darker but it was changed by the studio because of the first trailer. The movie was forced to become something it wasn't. This can be seen by comparing the teaser trailer and the first official trailer where they used every joke in the original cut. There were scenes that were entirely cut from the film that explained a lot of just made the film better and you can really feel the loss of those scenes in the final film. Never let a trailer company edit your film.

Darker trailer: youtu.be/PLLQK9la6Go
Diet Guardians of the Galaxy trailer: youtu.be/0myB9YZIzeI

>Jokes
"WOW THAT'S A KILLER APP XD"
"SMELLS LIKE THE STENCH OF DEATH"
"PUSSIIEESSSS"
Everyone else was okay but everything Harley said was cringe.

>Story
Oh no, not the blue light in the sky again! Shall I call up the Amazing Spider-man, Fant4Stic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or the Ghostbusters?

I find it interesting how DC threads always devolve into their fans going in on Marvel and saying "COMPARED TO *INSERT MARVEL MOVIE HERE* IT WAS SOME GOOD SHIT!"

This only emphasizes insecurity. When in actuality Marvel receives praise because many viewers go in with low expectations. No one thought Antman or GotG would be surprise hits, but they were, because they were believed to be Marvel's first BIG flop. If you ask me DC fans are expecting Godsends and setting themselves up for failure even more by dragging Marvel into this.

>film critics showed up to this movie to see a film, not validate their obsession
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

It...really doesn't, though. I've actually seen it, and it's pretty good. Had they not been recut it would be Batman 89 tier.

Kek I know casual I know you want to be on equal footing! Too damn bad.

No...Not BvS. Absolutely not.

LIKE A MOVIE MADE IN WATCHMEN'S UNIVERSE
PATERNALISTIC!

Apparently the movie has been well liked by women and minority audiences, and manchildren were actually the ones crying about this movie the entire time, despite all the reviews painting the film as the "Donald Trump of superhero movies".

>Trusting a furfag on what makes good art.

Nigga plz.

If something isn't anything like what it's adapting then it's a bad adaptation.

I honestly don't know. Iron Man is one of the most forgettable cape movies this side of Ang Lee's Hulk, so I have no idea why people have convinced themselves it's good.

The MCU didn't have a good movie until Captain America.

Why do you think you know suicide squad better than Ostrander?

Even the fans agree that the film has big problems of pacing and editing.

the worst part of suicide squad is that it's SO CLOSE to being good. just a couple of tweaks. Establish the macguffin on the top of the Ostrander building, make Rick get captured and that's why they go after Enchantress and how she gets secret info, completely change all the music, fix the edit.

almost there

>H...heh, WE aren't angry, YOU are!

Sure thing MCUck

Yeah bro, DCucks are insecure as fucked fuck
And the cuckest thing of all? They DARE to imply reviewers like
May be biased against DC! lmao!

Well it's true that manchildren are crying about the designs.

>There doesn't need to be 50 buildup movies for a team up movie
Not what i meant, i was talking about single movies

>it gives you a sense of accomplishment knowing youve spent hours reading all this stuff
I guess. Still a detail. Having the iconic Elektra death scene doesn't make the first Daredevil movie a good adaptation. Daredevil (Netflix) S2 had Elektra die differently but the overall product is so much better

>and they acknowledge and appreciate that.
All they appreciate the money

>Becuase I know he's not dead. That he is just in a coma healing, something most people didn't get at all.
Riiiiight... nobody guesses Supes is gonna be back for Justice League... nobody noticed the super-subtle dirt flying on his grave. I bet those silly normies thought it was the wind

>No, long time fans of these IPs that have supported them long before normies should walk away feeling more satisified and with more knowledge of what happened than the average viewer. They've earned that.
user, repeating over and over "NORMIES NORMIES NORMIES NORMIES" isn't an argument. Get outside a bit, sheesh

>I honestly don't know. Iron Man is one of the most forgettable cape movies this side of Ang Lee's Hulk, so I have no idea why people have convinced themselves it's good.

It changed the atmosphere of Super hero movie. Say what you want about the quips, but in Iron Man, that was perfect. It was incredibly charming.

Normies aren't saying the film was good. Normies saw it because Joker was on the poster.

Hardcore DC fans are saying it was good. Like they have been with all the terrible comicbook films WB has made.

Also, the arguments in this thread are retarded. "NUUUUU you don't undurstand! You dunt need six moovies to established characters!" Yeah, that's fucking right, and Suicide Squad didn't do it either way. Grow the fuck up out of this company wars mindset, they were shit films and they got shit for it. The DCU deserves a whole lot better than this tripe.

Manchildren were busy cryomg about Ghostbusters, SS enraged the SJWcrowd more than anything.
Its hilarious how the failure of GS and the success of SS fucked them up and now they are crying all over their sites.

>Netflix Daredevil
>good

Ah to be 13 again

I personally though the film was trying way too hard to be Guardians of the Galaxy. The difference is that Guardians kept the story more character focused, as well as having less main characters, only focussing on developing the 5 main Guardians.

Suicide squad had more main characters and were determined to have massive setpiece action scenes. Meaning that, in order to cram everything into the film, they had to alternate between Setpiece and heavy-character exposition, meaning that the film had very little in the way of downtime for the audience to take in everything.

That being said, a lot of the DC fanboys are defending this WAY too hard and anybody trying to say anything about this not blatently trying to ride on the success of Guardians is a filthy lier, I mean, the fact that they shoehorned 60's-80's music in at every possible second was REALLY distracting. That being said, it brought out my favourite bit of fanboy defending I have ever seen. A DC fanboy friend of mine gave the following excuse for it:

>The music had nothing to do with the fact that Guardians had it everywhere. It's there because the Suicide Squad was made in the 80's, it's just using the music of the time.

Those are just faggots trolling you for being easily triggered.

I'm not either, but if I was i'm not sure why i'd be an angry MCU fan....I mean the last movie just pushed a billion and was generally loved by normies...MCUcks don't think in terms of quality but success.

Disagree on that Daredevil season 2 thing. Netflix elektra is a pretty disappointing adaption.

It was tho.

See you hate it because fanboyism is coming into play, but quality wise and plot wise the show is very tight.

I went in to have a good time, and that's exactly what I got. Why should I care if the editing is choppy if I enjoyed it.

>Normies are not saying the film is good
Yeah they are.

my dad liked it

>mfw I want good Superman movies
>mfw I want good SS movies
>mfw I want good Flash movies
>and Captain Marvel movies
>and Green Lantern movies
>fuck man I want a Blue Beetle movie
>maybe Zatanna, that'd be cool
>mfw the drooling brainwashed retards arguing for this film will spend just enough on this absolute fetid mess that WB will never correct their course and there will never be good films of any of these things

I actually hate all of you.

Well, i did say overall product. Dying in the iconic way didn't make Garner's version any better is what i'm basically saying

man i feel like everyone gave this trailer shit for the music and after seeing the movie I miss this tone so much

How is it a mockery of the franchise?

For me the two films are just wildly different and I think connections that people make to them is pretty tenuous.

Normies are saying the movie was fine and that nerds should shut the fuck up with their autismal shit and they are saying it with their wallets in the ticket line. The movie isn't good, the movie has a lot of problems, but it's fun. It doesn't intend to be this world creating epic like BvS which failed harder, it's just a flick about some nobodies that fight some Power Ranger bad gurl, that's it.

Fuck, DCEU had some fucking fresh trailers.

I liked Green Lantern for what is was, same with the Stallone Dredd film. Problem was that it was purely "style/flair over substance" (which to be totally honest was the same problem with the John Goodman Flinstones movie)

How many Flash movies do you think you were going to get before the DCEU, good or bad? What were the chances of a fucking Blue Beetle movie before MoS?

>the first official trailer where they used every joke in the original cut.

I don't doubt that the movie was edited to hellfuck levels but how can you believe that shit that Ayer denied?

This is my problem. I can't believe people are actually supporting this and it's garbage tier editing. I've never seen anything this big be so patchwork and jarring.

Prove it.

Find me millions of normies saying this. Not normies watching the film. Normies saying exactly what you claim they are.

is the movie getting a directors cut or no

Just because he can write comics doesn't mean his tastes in films matter.

Shit movies might as well be no movies.

In fact, they're even worse. They get your hopes up and then dash them. No Flash film is the absence of a good experience. A terrible shitty Flash film is the opposite of a good experience. We call those bad experiences.

>prove it
How about you try to prove it otherwise.

The only one that mentioned the subject is Ayer, and he said the theatricul cut is the way he intended the movie to be so he doesn't plan on making any other cut

Of couse Ayer denied that shit he still wants to make movies. But the reshoots the music. It's obviously patchworked by network execs trying to get that sweet GoTG money. They completely changed the tone and feel of the movie. I don't know how anyone can look at this and say this movie looks like a movie because it doesn't.

>pretty tenuous
>80's music in every possible moment, like Guardians
>Team of villains saving the day and becoming BFF's in the process, like Guardians
>Supervillain that uses magical muguffin to try and end the world, like Guardians
>Main character that is obsessed with his dead wife and daughter/s, like Guardians
>Authorities treating the MC's with far more respect at the end of the film, like Guardians

Yeah, I can't think of any reason why people are drawing comparrisons. It's almost like the Guardians of the Galaxy went from being completely unknown in the Mainstream to being one of the biggest hits in capeshit film history and their competitors want to capitalize on said success.

wtf I hate DC now

How about you prove to me that only hardcore DC fanboys are the only ones enjoying the film.

So DC is Trump of comics out to save us from Marvel?

Take Rosie O'Donnell out of that film and replace her with someone like Marissa Tomei for Betty and that movie would have been 8/10.

But she was actually good in that movie.

>propose theory
>no proof
>not even any incidental evidence
>"but you can't prove it's absolutely definitely wrong we don't know after all life is uncertain an shzz"

Please continue.

Just so you understand why everyone is now laughing at you, by the way, you do know what the burden of proof is, right?

>people actually listening to YMS
>a gay furry who's into horse scat play
>who stole I Hate Everything's entire fucking everything and did it piss poorly
>who is obnoxiously shitty about every opinion he has even if he's praising something
Why?

She supposedly did the Wilma/Betty giggle better than anyone who auditioned.

Broken clock yadda yadda

>80's music
I guess Black Skinhead came from the 80s then.