Stargate Origins, and what you will do

>Announced for this year, with no cast yet.
>Two writers who have 1 imdb writing credit between them
>A director whose experience is a couple of substandard webshorts
>About a character so irrelevant she died off-screen in SG1 instead of any of the main cast.
>Set in a time before we opened the Stargate
>using a video release format that no one uses anymore
>On a streaming platform that no one will pay for
>Announced for this year, with no cast yet.

So what's the plan to save the stargate this time around?
PLAN A) Do you pay the sub, give feedback, and unsub with reason as to why, in the hopes that they keep their promise to listen to fan feedback.
PLAN B) Just ignore it and hope MGM figures out why it failed and not doom the franchise to the dust bin for another 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/22/can-stargate-really-work-as-a-new-show-set-in-1928/
youtu.be/4-D69C-d82s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

complete rejection. I'd rather have no series than a shit one, especially if it fucks with canon,

I would be willing to give it a shot if it wasn't for the shit business model.

It will bomb hard, even SG fans dont want to watch this shit, who cares about that old hag ? that lost her bf.

>So what's the plan to save the stargate this time around?
I love stargate and I'd rather see it die out than see it turn into what Star Trek has

That's no way to talk about Carter and Pete

GOOLD?

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/22/can-stargate-really-work-as-a-new-show-set-in-1928/
You know it's bad when the Press is being skeptical about it.

especially the shills at bleedingcool

don't lose your head

>set in 1928

it's obviously going to be set when catherine is a young woman around 30, so it'll probably be during WW2

(inb4 Nazis have their own Stargate program and Catherine has to beat Hitler to it)

It's like they don't realize that SG-1 worked because it was a 90's era comfy sci-fi with a cast that had amazing chemistry and a perfect balance between camp and seriousness. Also, they nailed the military component. It wasn't actually realistic at all, but still felt believable and cool.

Getting the chemistry right is luck. The 90's aspect won't work because almost audiences don't want that now (or think that they don't).

My bet is that episodes are going to be free and they're going to do something else with the paid version like behind the scenes or something. I can't imagine how successful paid service for a small web series will be

something's wrong with the gate Sir, we can't seem to establish a connection

>It wasn't actually realistic at all.
That's a bit over-the-top I would say I mean they did have actual Air Force personnel going over scripts and being on set, for authenticity purposes.
youtu.be/4-D69C-d82s

>(inb4 Nazis have their own Stargate program and Catherine has to beat Hitler to it)
I don't think you can really inb4 this since hollywood hacks will jump all over hitler shit as a way to #resistdrumphffff

It makes me think this was a "sure have your new Stargate show, but you'll only have this much money" kind of deal MGM did to shut up and kill it when it fails.

so, yesterday APOMPFFIS

at the very least it could be hilariously bad. Could always use more Stargate memes

>APOMPFFIS
god damn brilliant

Fuck that user in yesterday's thread for making me notice how the left dude carries his gun.

Was it autism?

>>Announced for this year, with no cast yet.
Announced for THIS FALL and the entire trailer is footage from the 1994 movie and a poster.
They have months to cast, shoot, edit, finalize, and release it.

> new original series

this sounds pretty much they'll ignore that 17 season we know and love

>total of 10 episodes, 10 min each
What's the point?

Plan C) πr8 the series and shitpost about it here.

literally everyone is going to do this.
"Netflix but just stargate and nothing else" isn't worth paying for

so they are just going to retcon stargate before the movie?

because SG1 established that they powered it up once and got it dialed in, sometime after ww2. which resulted in the loss of the man sent through. then they just packed it up until the 90s. When a crazy Egyptology professor figured it out.

everything you ever love will always be destroyed