They say kids have bad taste and will eat up any cartoon, no matter how bad...

They say kids have bad taste and will eat up any cartoon, no matter how bad. Are there any bad cartoons/episodes you knew were bad even when you were young?

I'm twenty so I was a kid when the zombie Spongebob episodes began. I remember being so hyped for the medieval episode... Then it turned out to be bad. Same thing with Best Day Ever, Gary Come Home, and the Neptune episode. Eventually I just stopped watching. There was a noticeable drop in quality from the movie to the post-movie episodes that even preteen me, who liked My Gym Partner Is A Monkey, and post-movie PPG, couldn't get into.

I hated Spider-Man The Animated Series. I knew it was bad even as a kid. It was so poorly paced I could barely watch it.

this horrible shit

I grew up with the later seasons of the Simpsons and even I could tell that the earlier seasons were better

hanna barbera and klasky csupo shows, HB shows were really boring and repetitive, and Csupo shows like Rugrats were just really unappealing to me

A lot of anime growing up after the 4kids boom.
Yu-Gi-Oh was all kinds of retarded. And as much as I liked Pokemon, after a few seasons it really started to drag on for me.

Basically all the Fox Kids animes dubbed by 4kids. One Piece was the worst contender besides the opening. I wish I could say I realized the Simpsons went to shit but I was too young to appreciate how amazing the first 9 seasons were and enjoyed the wacky later seasons. When Family Guycame back I knew it had gone to shit at least. I'm 22 if that matters

OP here. I don't mind the discussion personally but isn't it against Sup Forums rules to discuss anime, bar Toonami?

The Flintstones wasn't bad but it wasn't appealing. It was written like a sitcom, written for adults. It doesn't appeal to most kids.

I hated Kids Next Door. But only because CN pushed it so hard and made it the #1 of every Top 5.
I always changed the channel when Krypto the Superdog or Baby Looney Tunes came on. But maybe those were made for a younger audience than me anyway.

There were a lot of cartoons I wouldn't even give a chance because the opening themesong would make my ears bleed.

I dropped Pokemon after Ash lost the Johto League.
I don't get how people are still fans of the show - let alone think he's going to win this time - when he's never won a single League in his ~20 year journey.

I remember watching Boomerang a lot when i was kid and didn't even pay attention to what animation was or how many different ways there were to do it but i knew i'd prefer watching Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes instead of Yogi Bear.

I could even tell that some Roadrunner cartoons were just worse than others.

GUY GO GUY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No user it's GOTTA GO GOTTA GO

GOTTA GOOOOOOOOOO

GO-GOOOOO

did I give you permission to fucking respond to me?

Rocket Power

There are plenty of babysitting cartoons.

Those are the type of cartoon that only exist to capture children in a hypnotic daze - bored as fuck, but unable to look away.

Its especially prevalent among pre-school cartoons, its intentionally bad, designed to put kids asleep. That's why parents like it and buy it.

I don't know what the general opinion of it is because I just don't hear it talked about a lot, but I remember thinking the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon was pretty stupid. I guess it wasn't "bad" in that it was supposed to be a dumb comedy/parody, but I can remember seeing a random episode and just thinking "wow, this is nothing like the movie, I'm not really interested in seeing more." I liked the Lion King, but I guess a show based off it did nothing for me if the tone was too different.

Also saw an ad for the shit Secret of NIMH sequel in a magazine or something and thought it looked like garbage, but I hadn't seen the original at the time so maybe that shouldn't count.

But I think I was the opposite of
>kids have bad taste and will eat up any cartoon, no matter how bad
in that I didn't like a whole lot of cartoons/animated movies as a kid. Watching them later as a teenager or adult I realized some animated stuff I didn't give a chance to was actually good.

Is this movie any good?

i watched this boring fuck, even though i had zero interest in it, just because i was waiting for it to get over.

Bad cartoons are forgettable. That's why you only remember the good ones from when you were a kid 10+ years ago.

>medieval episode
>bad
wat

That one really wasn't to interesting.
I liked Best Day Ever and Gary Come Home though, I thought there were some of the only good post-movie episodes.

Some are memorably bad, like Angela Anaconda

No, that right there is your brain protecting you from the horrors of that show.

Nah, there were plenty of times as a kid that I would switch the channel to something else when something I didn't like was on.

Butt Ugly Martians.

As a kid I loved the fuck out of Invader Zim. I remember it used to be on at 9:00 on weeknights. But all of a sudden one day it was canceled and Butt Ugly Martians was put in its place. But the tv guides all still said that Zim was going to air in that time slot. So being a stupid and naive child, I still tuned in every night looking for Zim. I don't remember what the 8:30 show was, but I'd always watch all of it start to finish in case the tv guide had listed Zim a half hour too late by mistake. Then every night I'd watch the beginning of the Butt Ugly Martians intro and change the channel there. I think I only tried to watch an episode once and never again. I couldn't even sit through it to wait to see what came on after it. Then at 9:30 I'd switch back to Nickelodeon to see the Butt Ugly Martian credits and to see if Zim would start after and show the tv guide to have put it a half hour too early. But that was always when Nick at Night started so I'd go to bed. I kept this up for months.

But Butt Ugly Martians was just so unappealing, that even though I'd always watch the 8:30 show til the end and I'd always tune in at 9:30 just to check for Zim before bed, I never watched Butt Ugly to kill that time. If nothing else was on tv I would turn off the tv and read a book for that half hour or something instead. And I was the type of kid that would sit through and just watch pretty much any other cartoon.

I've always hated Fairly Odd Parents, the only genuinely funny characters were Crocker and Timmy's dad.

>when he's never won a single League in his ~20 year journey

Orange league, won against dragonite dude

I disagree, they had more good dubs then bad, it's just that the bad ones were the most notable. But stuff like Kirby, Pokemon, Fighting Foodons, Shaman King, and Ultimate Muscle were the shit as a kid.

He actually won this time though, the title for the next episode was leaked.

I've been hearing mixed signals about the title.
Some say the it's "Ash's League Victory" and some say it's "Kalos League Victory".

I'm skeptical but I'll still watch the episode when it gets subbed.

It's "Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match" t. Worded too ambiguous to judge whether or not he wins.
Ash has lost to the guy he's going up against like 2 times already but the anime's been hyping both of them and the battle up to 11 and people think Ash has no reason to lose since Alola doesn't have a league or something (I haven't been paying much attention to S&M) and it'd be shitty taste for Ash to lose to the same guy like 3 times.

I remember being fucking JACKED for the OP anime premiere, I had been reading it in Shonen Jump and thought it was the fucking shit (they'd made it to the start of the Arlong Arc I think when FoxBox premiered the anime).

I was in middle school, woke up at like 6am on a saturday to catch the premiere and it literally turned me off of One Piece until the end of highschool.

Understood Simpsons was going downhill in season 9 when I was 8.