Nolan did it again

*clap*

What?

"See what?"
"Shitty dialogue..."

Practically smell it more like

BOOM BOOM

"home"

TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK TIK

...Dunkirk...

>you ca- mumblemumblemuble-m here

>Ameribraps unable to understand an English movie's dialogue

>Once more unto the beach dear friends, once more
What did he mean by this?

>"At last we are finally Dunkirk"

>400,000 men
>about 1k on a bridge and 100 or so on the beach
>maybe about 10 died on the actual beach
>but but muh airstrikes are killing all le men

>dunkirk is one small beach a kilometre lon

>We did it sir! We got off the beach!
>Nope. We're not done, Kirk.

B R A V O L A N

Bane

yea because when the plane flew over or you saw the 2 gay boys wandering around you saw all the other men. oh wait they literally hired 200 people and then tried to tell us its 400,00. then when the planes made one half decent attack the pomms just got thrown round a bit instead of turning to a red mist

Home...

I'm just going to assume you're being intentionally stupid and leave it at that

THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US!

you saw fuck all people, they could've at least CGI'd more people and more civilian boats and actually made it feel like there were more than 500 people waiting to be picked up

WHERE IS THE BOAT

were the Germans really in the wrong here?

>...and your OTHER boat

The germans are always in the wrong, being german is enough

Saw it today in the cinema. In fucking IMAX and even that didnt save it.
What a trash film. Nolan is a garbage director and he seems to be getting worse with every new film, im serious..
He is at best good for adding some teen pseudo philosophy into capeshit. Anything beyond that he cant seem to handle.
Ins unbelievable someone like him is getting so much money to work with.

I wish Thin Red Line was showing, Id go see that again instead.

this...fucking krauts, man.

Good to see the pleb filter is working

Yes, no amount of edgy contrarianism will change that

>says it twice

fucks sake nolan

Yes because they didn't send in the panzers and finish the job

While I totally agree Thin Red Line is way, way better, Dunkirk was clearly at least influenced by it and was trying to do something different with the temporal shifting. Does it totally work? No, but it was a good effort.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. Is it the masterpiece people are trying to paint it as? Probably not, but its still worth seeing in IMAX

>you can practically see home from here
>home?
>yes, home

bravo noland

Well, I completely disagree. I dont think Its worth spending money on at all. This movie should not have been made. As far as im concerned it fails on all fronts and only passes as so so because it had 150 million dollar budget.
The first scenes in The Thin Red Line, when the guys are on the islands with the natives are already better than the entirety of Dunkirk.

I should have watched this movie like i watch most awful boockbusters and capeshit, on the first bearable camrip.

^

At least it was before I fucked everything up.

>so user, what did you think of the movie?
>"it's trash"
>why?
>"it fails on all fronts"

Ah yes that was worth reading

Reminder that Nolan didn't give into the kikes and SJWs and didn't force diversity or portray Nazis as evil.

Reminder that Nolan is officially /ourguy/ when it comes to (((Hollywood))) movies.

Yeah a few "epic" lines in the film were all repeated once or twice, it was really strange.

"The tone was all over the place", "bad pacing", "weird color grading"

The tone was all over the place? Did I miss the comedic parts? The melodrama? What do you mean by this?

I felt the movie managed to keep up the tension for the grand majority of its runtime, if that's what you meant by the pacing. I can imagine some people would have wanted a dive into backstories and such but I didn't feel that.

No comment on the colour.

Kek

WHERE'S THE FUCKING AIRFORCE?!?

>ywn pilot a spitfire

How many times does Ken Branagh have to be in WWII?

>ywn be stuck in a rickety piece of shit death trap thousands of feet above the ocean
i'm okay with it desu

HE IS ON ME

it had none of these

twice?

>You can practically see it from here
>See what?
>the sound guy trying to keep his shit together

What did he said when he saw boats incoming? I don't remember but i cringe at this in cinema

He didn't say anything he just looked a little teary eyed.

He got teary eyed then said, "Home....home came to us..."

I don't thing so, before tears he say something, other guy ask him what it is, and he said some stupid word.

Wasn't the only other one when he played the German that organized the Holocaust?

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Fucking le reddit level faggots reviewing this movie as bad since
>muh lack of character connections
>muh character stories
>b-buh buh i couldnt feel a connection

Fucking worst trash tier plebs of the world. Makes my blood boiil.

I have never had a rivaling movie experience, and I will forever treasure it. Might go see it again this weekend.

Yeah he was looking at the sea and the other officer handed him the binoculars and asked what's going on or something and he said it's the small vessel fleet or something. boats requisitioned by the crown.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ships_of_Dunkirk

>movie out for four days
>literally no good memes

This movie completely pissed off

>SJW
>Feminists
>Black People
>The French

Is Christopher Nolan /our guy/?

Movie is too good to make shitty memes from m8

Why didn't the Germans send all their U boats? Where else in the world would they be needed during this phase of the war?

Maybe i'm a pussy, but i cried when they show paper with note about that boy who died on a boat.

PLANE?

thing about Nolan that he is trusting his audience enough to understand the story and character motivations without explaining much.

then he emphasizes the stupidest things that he has to tell it like explaining to a 5 years old.

It was a
>things pseuds says
They should of just made that PTSD soldier guy sitting on the sunken ship a German.

>old man takes pity and brings him aboard
>everyone is like wtf
>old man rescues the ~15 guys soaked in oil
>german guy is just sitting in the middle of everyone, uncomfortable

STUPID FRENCH COWARD FROG

YOU SHOULD BE OUT THERE FIGHTING TO YOUR DEATH WHILE WE ESCAPE TO BRITANNIA

hmm

You could see from the buttons he was not german. And the old man saw it too, that's why he didn't bother him more when he was a total mute at the start.
I feel like making him german would've been a fun gag, but it wouldn't have allowed for the most important emotional character arc in the movie.

>''Im just about DUN with DUNkirk''
>winks at the camera
Maybe the worst part of the film

>They should of

Fucking retard learn English

The Blu-Ray sales..

?

whatever nigga I could care less about my grammer

If I were a pleb who owned a physical media device or some sort of home threatre I would definitely get this movie despite already seeing it in a theatre. I watched it in one with amazing dolby atmos audio and it was the best sounding movie I've ever seen.

That's because like 10% of this board actually goes to cinema to watch a movie, the rest is wating for cams or bluray release

Remain a disgusting fucking pleb then.

Don't expect most people to read the rest of your posts if you start with such jarring mistakes that make you look like a ten year old southern state farmer

Kid, it will bank a profit. No worries.

>is that a problem?
>No, I'm done, Kirk!

a strange tale of hubris right at the beginning

OK faggot.
>abysmal choice of theme.
Who the hell cares about dunkirik?
What was the idea behind making a movie about this event? to show Hitler's good side?
>uninteresting presentation.
I didnt feel the achronological order served anything or was interesting in any way.
The only thing it did for me was bore me, as it showed the same events over and over again.
It almost felt like A lot of the footage was bad so they simply used the footage they had of a few scenes.
The specific chosen events were also boring to me and there was no feeling of the dunkirk event being grandiose despite the fact hundreds of thousands of people were involved.
The only times i felt engaged were during the shots of the planes flying normally in the sky and the beginning when the guy is trying to get to the beach.
>No interesting character exploration.
Some things were even right down absurd, like when hero Bane shot down the fighter/bomber as he was gliding towards the beach at the end.

This movie was like a really expensive documentary but without the interesting commentary or the bigger picture, but again, who the hell cares about dunkirk...

Do you actually think these are valid points a non retarded person would make? Ask me how I know you're American

I saw black French soldiers, Stukas divebombing evacuating soldiers, and civilian ships being sunk.

Sorry wehraboo!

kekk

>abysmal choice of theme.
Waaaahhhh someone made a movie of a topic i didnt personalllyyy likkkeeee wahhhhh this makesss hitlerr loook goooddd wahhh muh 6 millionnnn

>uninteresting presentation.
just kek, im starting to think this post was just bait

>No interesting character exploration
wahhh i need to have interesting CHARACHTER DEVELOPMENT ARCS to connect to an experience because my autism wont allow me to comprehend otherwise

this is literally you

the irony is that the movie did have very distinct character development arcs, but this burger was too stupid to understand them.

You must be 15 year old. In that case I can understand your excitement, otherwise dont pretend there is anything exceptional about this film or Nolan's direction of it.
As far as War movies are concerned Saving private ryan did a much better job with action and eliciting those slushy cringy tears from the viewer with fairytale like bouts of patriotism or corniness. Id say nobody can do those as good as spielberg.
Th Thin Red Line was much better in terms of visuals and actually had something to say about the human condition beyond the twitter/facebook tier bullshit of "survival is cruel shit".
Not to say that only these two are better than Dunkirk, many other war movies are.

No more dead Brits!

>portray Nazis as evil.
That's because everyone already knows the nazis were evil bureaucratic slime. No reason to lump the entire Heer in with them.

I know right. Three different distinct character arcs to correspond with the three branches of military, and three time frames of them,

Black French soldiers were a thing in WW2.

Germans still had to fight back it's war. You have to follow orders in war and Hitler tried to make peace with the UK. He didn't want to fight with them.

You can thank (((Churchill))) for that.

how do you make memes without screen caps

He was in Valkyrie too

Yeah, these are definitely valid points imo.
I criticized the major parts of the production, like the chosen theme about which to make a movie, the editing choices, the character usage and the overall portrayal of the event by the writers/director/cinematic director.
As usual, Nolan chooses to artistically focus on technicalities, in this case historicity of the events he showed and their details, which is why i called it a documentary.
The problem is that despite the fact i love historical documentaries i dont think one about Dunkirk is interesting or worth having 150 million dollars invested to make it.

Pic related DROPPED it

And no, there was no character "progression" or arcs. They were treated much like documentaries treat their characters. I find this use of characters in this movie and the chosen design of the movie to be unexplainable and uninspired.
Why have an achronological order to events? At least in Memento it served a purpose.

holy reddit

M8, im 27 and i appreciated the differences this movie took compared to others. Saving private ryan was good at the start and turned into a shitfest in the end(while still good).

Dunkirk was like the beach landing scene of Saving pvt ryan throughout the whole movie. It didn't need to spell everything out for you.

Been to many years since I last watched thin red line, i need to rewatch to compare that one.

I love war movies, im a sucker for history and war stories, and Dunkirk made me feel stressed anxious and kept me from holding my breath like no movie has before.

ahaha

His review was pretty shitty, he wanted the film to be old-fashioned schmaltz.

Leave the English channel to me

>dont think one about Dunkirk is interesting or worth having 150 million dollars invested to make it.

Kek, please never give investment advice to anyone. This shit will cross half a billion in revenues.

Also wtf is this bullshit attitude about this battle not being worthy of a film? Cause it was a crushing military defeat? I guess you only enjoy Disney movie endings, or you can only appreciate victories of "my team"

I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch it on their Toshiba laptops when the rip is out. Just can't imagine someone experiencing the same thing when that first Stuka beach attack comes in if you watch it on your computer.
That first shot when the brit is drinking water visibly startled the entire theatre where I was, every single shot in the film had weight to it. Undoubtedly one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.